The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

The Best (and worst) Parts about Summer

Worst thing I hate are sunburns for sure. I like the smell of cut grass and rain after it's been really hot. Also of course bbq food. And a new worst thing would be the attached photo. What are some of your summertime things?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6766.jpg (6.4 KB, 11 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Worst- the heat. Like seriously, the heat index has already been up to 107! And it gets so humid, and almost no wind most of the time so it feels even hotter than the high 90s to 100's it is.

Good things- the kids out of school so we have extra help in the mornings at work.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Worst- the heat. Like seriously, the heat index has already been up to 107! And it gets so humid, and almost no wind most of the time so it feels even hotter than the high 90s to 100's it is.

Good things- the kids out of school so we have extra help in the mornings at work.
I know that feel. My country has been feeling like a tropical south eats asian country almost lately. There's have been about nearly 20 days since April-May with pretty high max temps(oer 30C) thus far and also a few days with insanely high max temps(it hit and surpassed 40C even). Today it rained a bit... but it has also rained during hot as hell days as nights. What do you even wear when it's raining outside but pretty hot at the same time?!

So yeah, the intense heat is the worst. Also, the month of August. That's the worst month of the year by far. So many businesses are closed and many plumbers, doctors, etc. go on vacations and thus if you need something fixed or to go to the dentist... good luck.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Worst: ticks and mosquitoes.

Best: everything else.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The worst part is the heat, getting sunburned the second I step outside and the heeeaat...

But despite not being able to be a functioning human being in summertime cause I'm busy dealing with my body shutting down from the temperature or avoid drowning in my own sweat, or turning into a piece of charcoal. I love summer aesthetically at least, wild animals run around, cool springs, rivers and pools in forests. And flowers all colorful
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

People, just wear t-shirts and shorts, and take a water bottle with you when you go out of the house in summer. It's not that hard to wear less clothes in hot weather.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The worst part is the heat, getting sunburned the second I step outside and the heeeaat...

But despite not being able to be a functioning human being in summertime cause I'm busy dealing with my body shutting down from the temperature or avoid drowning in my own sweat, or turning into a piece of charcoal. I love summer aesthetically at least, wild animals run around, cool springs, rivers and pools in forests. And flowers all colorful
Yeah I sunburn easily as well.

And sweating is awful. I've been spending most of my days at home shirtless and wearing boxers only.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
People, just wear t-shirts and shorts, and take a water bottle with you when you go out of the house in summer. It's not that hard to wear less clothes in hot weather.

what wisdom.

For reference, I wear t-shirts during wintertime when it hits -20F
Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress...88&w=600&h=350

what wisdom.

For reference, I wear t-shirts during wintertime when it hits -20F
If you wear a t shirt and/or shorts when it's under 20C here people will look at you as if you're crazy. Or even at 20-21C if it's windy.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well don't you usually wear black? Dark colors absorb heat, wear light colors like yellow, white, orange, etc. in summer.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:47 PM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Why are you giving out kindergarten level information about staying cool in summer time?
Old 06-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Well don't you usually wear black? Dark colors absorb heat, wear light colors like yellow, white, orange, etc. in summer.
I like darker colours and metal and t-shirts too much
Old 06-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Another worst with summer. The company I work for don't have shorts in the work clothes election, and we get chastised by company evaluates that does sample tests on stores if they have the right attire.

But, I'm using shorts anyway for the most part, cause I can't function with thick work pants on, the work shirt is a nightmare on it's own. Luckily I'm the one who have to work in the walk-in fridge to stock up om milk and other cold storage foods, cause it's to cold for everyone else. But we're usually alone on evening shifts and it's not a re-stocking day
Old 06-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #14
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Quote:
Why are you giving out kindergarten level information about staying cool in summer time?
Cubed just cares about his fellow dromers. Maybe he is also secretly in the PSA creating business so it's on his mind. Idk.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

All of Summer sucks to me. Too hot. I do better in the winter.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Best: Warmth, long days, fruit and other good stuff growing and in season. Kind of love summer thunderstorms.

Worst: Humidity, wasps, mosquitoes, ticks, heatstroke.

Quote:
Another worst with summer. The company I work for don't have shorts in the work clothes election, and we get chastised by company evaluates that does sample tests on stores if they have the right attire.
Yeah, I think that's pretty common with a lot of stores unfortunately. Last one I worked at was at least okay with carpis, not sure the current job is.

Hoping our AC doesn't do what it did last year when it died on us and the upstairs, where I primarily am, was 98 degrees. And I'm stuck in black pants.

Saturday of last weekend part of the AC already was giving us issues. Was fixed that day, but hoping this summer isn't a repeat.

I finally bought new pants a few months ago, but I'm back to wearing my old ones and hoping people just don't notice the small hole in the knee, since the new pants are too thick for this time of year and afraid of wearing those and finding the store hot...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-25-2017 at 05:01 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #17
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Worst: ticks and mosquitoes.

Best: everything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Best: Warmth, long days, fruit and other good stuff growing and in season. Kind of love summer thunderstorms.

Yeah, I think that's pretty common with a lot of stores unfortunately. Last one I worked at was at least okay with carpis, not sure the current job is.

Hoping our AC doesn't do what it did last year when it died on us and the upstairs, where I primarily am, was 98 degrees. And I'm stuck in black pants.

Saturday of last weekend part of the AC already was giving us issues. Was fixed that day, but hoping this summer isn't a repast.

I finally bought new pants a few months ago, but I'm back to wearing my old ones and hoping people just don't notice the small hole in the knee, since the new pants are too thick for this time of year and afraid of wearing those and finding the store hot...
Oh yeah mosquitoes are horrible. I would much rather deal with a bee sting over a bite. I've been stung on the neck by a bee and the pain is bad. But for me mosquitoes are the worst, from the combining itch of the bite (that last seemingly for days) and the buzzing sound in the ear. Drives me insane. Another best is SDCC exclusives and Summer blockbusters.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

To be fair, I don't seem to be mosquitoes fave target these days unless I'm their only option. And weirdly their bites stopped itching for the most part years ago. Only on rare occasion does one itch slightly... So I'd rather than than a bee sting for sure. But we've got those "aggressive" tiger mosquitos here, so they're a pain in the ass. Plus they carry around that zika virus. (And I guess bird flu is still a thing.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #19
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Oh Zika and bird flu I forgot all about those. Lucky you for projecting a mosquito force field. I'm just glad not to be allergic to bees that is rather common from what I hear.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:09 PM   #20
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Easy for you to say. I work in a restaraunt wher we are not even allowed to wear shorts or tee shirts. And both the drive through and kitchen are always hot. And I work through the hottest part of the day. I change into cioler shorts and tees before going home but that doesn't help while I work.

Quote:

But, I'm using shorts anyway for the most part, cause I can't function with thick work pants on, the work shirt is a nightmare on it's own. Luckily I'm the one who have to work in the walk-in fridge to stock up om milk and other cold storage foods, cause it's to cold for everyone else. But we're usually alone on evening shifts and it's not a re-stocking day

I feel you. Honestly going into our walk-in to get things we need to restock is the only relief I get most days. Our work uniforms are hot(they are all BLACK!!), and itchy when you sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Saturday of last weekend part of the AC already was giving us issues. Was fixed that day, but hoping this summer isn't a repeat.

I'm with you on the storms. I LOVE a good summer thunderstorm. So exhilerating!

And snow cone stands. They pop up all over in summer and I love trying different flavors. We had one at the end of our street last summer that had a green flavor called "Ninja Turtle" which was some sort of lime and pineapple mix I think. I was doing half-n-half on it with grape, cherry, orange and blue raspberry all summer!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote