The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #101
miru
Mad Scientist

The nightmare is over! TMNT is safe!
Old 11-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #102
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Looks surprisingly like the hole PD/Paramount/Viacom have dug for themselves.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:09 PM   #103
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
The Nicktoon is more darker/serious than the 2016 movie.
Your signature is proof.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #104
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I agree with all of this, except...let's do City at War or Return to New York instead.
Yeah, City at War has to be the last story. Or at least the "trilogy" capper. There's a really great three movies' worth of material in the original Eastman/Laird/Lawson run if the studio is willing to use it.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:29 PM   #105
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Quote:
* Megan Fox neither helped nor hurt these movies. Of all the things to complain about these movies she shouldn't even make the Top 20. Probably not even the Top 30. Stop acting like both films were somehow wrecking balled by her... they weren't, they were already FUBAR.
* Stephen Amell isn't bad, but they apparently didn't give him anything to do and Officer Casey Jones quintessentially isn't Casey Jones.
* Yes, the designs are god awful though even with the designs intact, had these been actual TMNT movies we probably would have been able to swallow them.
* CyberCubed is not really upset about nostrils, that's been a part of his schtick for years now.

and...

... PLANT.
I'm sorry I triggered you by liking and simply enjoying a movie.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #106
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RslgAfp0OU...FP%2BDance.gif

The nightmare is over! TMNT is safe!
You keep believing that

Where one bay and one feig fall, ten other worse idiots will be there to take their place. never underestimate the draw to the studio to try and cater to the LCD.

again, the days of franchises catering to the fans is over as long as nerd things are popular with casuals.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:34 PM   #107
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

As I stated on Ranger Board, what happened to those films is exactly what happened to the live-action Scooby Doo and Smurfs films. The first films in those franchises received negative reviews from critics but were still box-office successes. However, their sequels did not make as much money and the third films were cancelled. When those characters return to the big-screen, they will be entirely animated. I'm thinking that's the best route to go for future TMNT films.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #108
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinStein View Post
Your signature is proof.
Your signature is nuts. I'll need to buy a bigger monitor if this trend continues.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #109
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I'm wondering, who says that Bebop and Rocksteady have to be stupid and goofy like the OT or used for mere dumb muscle?

Just make them serious guys with moments of (intelligent) dark humor. I would even add that their specific mutations would eventually make them prone to feral behavior, something that makes them outright dangerous and unpredictable.

If they could be based off of that old movie concept art (one where Bebop looks like an actual freaken pig/warthog and Rocksteady looks like he has the power of a freight train) I don't think many people will think 'goofy cartoon morons.'

As for the two movies, ding dong the witch is DEAD.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #110
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Other options can be 4 (because why send 2 mutants after 4 mutants?) serious bad ass assassin ninja types that are mutants. Bebop and Rocksteady's biggest weaknesses other than being dumb as rocks is the fact that they're generic brawlers going against highly trained martial artists. Maybe creating cool mutant villains that can fight and can be taken seriously will add a breath of fresh air for the franchise .

Dogpound and Fishface were initially this, especially based on how good they fought as Chris and Xever, but then they got weakened and rendered useless.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #111
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Other options can be 4 (because why send 2 mutants after 4 mutants?) serious bad ass assassin ninja types that are mutants. Bebop and Rocksteady's biggest weaknesses other than being dumb as rocks is the fact that they're generic brawlers going against highly trained martial artists. Maybe creating cool mutant villains that can fight and can be taken seriously will add a breath of fresh air for the franchise .

Dogpound and Fishface were initially this, especially based on how good they fought as Chris and Xever, but then they got weakened and rendered useless.
I would like to see Alopex and TigerClaw show up.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #112
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
I'm sorry I triggered you by liking and simply enjoying a movie.
That sounds like something a plant would say.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:13 AM   #113
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Well, if people are going to be more familar with the Nick stuff, they could simply use Tigerclaw, Dogpound, Xever (maybe) and maybe make up a forth person? I don't know about using Alopex though... I could see using her inviting a lot of bad furrie jokes, unless she is not made 'pretty' in any way.

I think Dogpound and Fishface getting nerfed is more Nick's fault because of Playmates' need to keep shoving out toys, with also many people at the time wanting Bebop and Rocksteady instead.
I don't think in the movie they'd be nerfed at all, they can't be someone sucky for the Turtles to fight against or the audience would lose interest. Dogpound always has the option to be double mutated into the skeletal Rahzar, so he pretty much guarantees future ante upping. Fishface I'm not sure, but they could simply decide to make him Tokka instead of a fish, just because it harkens back to the old mutant duo of the second movie.

Either way, they could do something other then attempt to use B and R again, because truthfully I think that gets too boring after awhile, and plus B and R seem destined to always be stuck in OT purgatory. Unless they have a way of making these guys not act with cheap fart jokes or something equally lowbrow in a live action movie, it's going to be hard not seeing these guys without thinking 'Better start lowering my expectations here.'
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:25 AM   #114
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
plus B and R seem destined to always be stuck in OT purgatory.
What do you mean? Since 2009, it's been the very opposite.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:56 AM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
That sounds like something a plant would say.
To be fair, that guys username is Cyndaquil which is a Pokemon. I seriously doubt he's a plant. Nobody with a pokemon username would come here to promote a movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:57 AM   #116
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
CASEY JONES, man. Stephen Amell played "Casey Jones." <cough cough>
wait, I thought he was NObody
Old 11-02-2016, 02:05 AM   #117
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
What do you mean? Since 2009, it's been the very opposite.
I wanna say what they mean by that is they'll never be much more than bumbling minions, but I could be wrong. Either way there's no point in making them something else, they'd be entirely different characters at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be fair, that guys username is Cyndaquil which is a Pokemon. I seriously doubt he's a plant. Nobody with a pokemon username would come here to promote a movie.
I'm by no means on the same fervent "plant" kick as Andrew, but a good one could very well go by any namesake, especially one that references "nerd culture". They could even be called Cybercubed! O0o0o0o0o~ Spooky.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:47 AM   #118
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Bebop and Rocksteady are quintessentially stupid, created for stupid lowbrow laughs and plus so Playmates could sell a rhino and warthog toy next to the Turtles. I don't mean stupid as in, "What dumb characters they are," I mean stupid is their whole schtick. That's what they trade on, and their "look." You know, just putzing around, occasionally mumbling about "da toitles" while they fall down and hurt themselves. Doing them "well," you'd have to stick with that. Making them into super serious, dangerous muscle killers or something... you CAN do that, but #1: That is emphatically NOT who they are or what they're about, you are now actively warping them to be something else and if you ARE going to do that, then... #2: Why use them at all? Just raw nostalgia for the toys or Fred Wolf cartoon? That's not an answer and that's not good enough, and by this point Fred Wolf has had more than enough "nods." Enough for a lifetime.
Not that I particularly want B&R in my dream TMNT movie, but I don't agree with this at all. Any writer worth one's salt could make the characters work in a creative way, throughout a variety of tones*. They're the capo roles in the Foot Clan mafia, so to speak. Think Paulie Walnuts to Tony Soprano's Shredder. Less-intelligent muscle that acts as comedic relief.

*- As long as the producer is game...
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #119
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
CASEY JONES, man. Stephen Amell played "Casey Jones." <cough cough>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
wait, I thought he was NObody
Stephen Amell played Stephen Amell. Also see: every other Stephen Amell role.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #120
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Stephen Amell played Stephen Amell. Also see: every other Stephen Amell role.
With the right writing and look, he could've worked. But then, we don't get the right writing and look in these movies, do we?

Tags
tmnt 3