The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The 2003 series is very known. The official TMNT twitter posts images/gifs from the show all the time and they constantly get likes and replies with people talking how much they loved the show and want DVD releases.

Do you guys visit anywhere outside this dying forum? All the young hep cats of today are on social media, forums are for old people like ourselves.
I agree, this entire community is dying.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:18 PM   #22
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Outside of this forum, I have my YouTube channel for 2003 related stuff and I interact with some fans there, but I always come here because I feel there is a sense of authority, and it's easier to share and keep track of things. I don't really have a problem with social media, but I don't think it's designed well for archiving and frequently accessing resources like on a traditional website due to the massive amount of new posts being made everyday from people all over the world.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:04 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Good point. Most social media isn't even well formatted for actual decent discussion either.

So much of it is so "me" based and one sided, I have doubts about how well the future of social media can even support fandom in the long run. Someday the concept long-lived franchises could be a thing of the past if the fandom support isn't enough of a thing anymore, plus the amount of media competing for attention.

The Turtles are very lucky to have come along when they did, since older fans will hopefully be unlikely to entirely abandon forums like this and keep on actually wanting these kinds of discussions.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:03 PM   #24
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I guess it goes to show how interesting Rise is when users go off-topic about social media.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:11 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

I lost track of the show after the first 10ish episodes aired, did they even finish airing the first season yet? I know the show is getting a Season 2 at least, but did all of Season 1 finish airing?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nope. Looked up the list and the last one was ep 36, so, if the number shown on Turtlepedia is correct, looks like we have about 1/4 of the season still left.

Space that out with another hiatus or two, after the present one, and they could probably push that through the end of the year...
Old 08-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #28
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I fell out of the show too after the first dozen or so episodes. I think my interest just legit kind of waned. I never hated it and in fact enjoyed it as its own fun and weird iteration of the franchise from the start, but I guess it never quite "hooked" me the way the previous series did. I just started focusing on other things waiting on new episodes and then got lazy about catching up.

I've been meaning to go finish the episodes available on Amazon that I haven't seen. It just hasn't been a huge priority, admittedly. I've actually found myself rewatching 2k3 episodes and 2012 episodes lately, so that probably says it all really lol.

As for the toys, I did buy a Wave 1 Donnie and Meat Sweats but nothing else. They're actually still sitting on a lower shelf in my hobby room, unopened. I never felt compelled to get all of these, even enjoying the show, more or less.

To be perfectly honest (and most already feel and agree with this sentiment/observation), I just think Rise was too different to succeed on the same levels of the other previous series. I applaud them taking risks and trying new things, but even despite liking this show ok enough as an open-minded older fan, I haven't ever completely fallen in love with it. It's fun, but it doesn't "stick with me" like 2k3 or 2012 did. It's definitely more akin to the FW original, in that it's kind of goofy, forgettable and harmless fun - the problem there though is I don't have the nostalgia blinders for it like I do for the FW series because I grew up with it. Rise is definitely the first iteration to kind of not completely enthrall me overall (because yes, I even like Next Mutation as a legit guilty pleasure lol). I hate to admit it in a way because it makes me a little sad reaching this point in my own personal fandom bubble, but it's absolutely true.

All that said, I'm not the real target demo for it like many other older fans aren't either, and if it's doing the business with kids, that's good to hear. Plenty will grow up and look back at Rise as THEIR version of the TMNT, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. They'll get to hate some other new version in 20 years themselves.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:42 AM   #29
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

There hasnt be a new episode for almost 1 month that why i is quiet.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:57 PM   #30
clockstomper
Thug

This show isn't really for TMNT fans, it's just trying to copy the formula Cartoon Network's been doing for years. So no buzz, even the "influencers" Nick had on board when the show started have dropped off. There's just nothing to talk about when every joke's been done on another show.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstomper View Post
This show isn't really for TMNT fans
It's really not, and doesn't really even pretend to be (despite what some 30-something year old diehard fans may say, probably one wearing flannel).
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #32
Vegita-San
Emperor

this show is a prime example of Reboot Limit.

You can only reboot something SO MANY TIMES before it's either not what it once was, or so different it might as well be something else.

I think the farthest TMNT could be pushed was the Demon Shredder arc with the mystic powers. that still KIND of fit, since it was the next level of ninja arts.
but after that, that's it.

not much you can tell in this universe without repeating yourself over and over and over and over again.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:32 PM   #33
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Even with that use of a demon Shredder, at least that twist was still balanced with the Turtles still being themselves.

Now it's just derpa derp, lets act stupid because all the shows are doing it these days and the kids think it's funny! It's sad to see the TMNT lumped in with everything else and just made to perpetuated the current lame cartoon fads. When does the weird ass shaking start? Since cartoons have been on the tired out ass trend for far too many years already.

It's a shame that eps with some actual substance are so few and far between. Most of them could be replaced with 11 min of the Turtles watching paint dry.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:32 AM   #34
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

make it like 2003 or 2012 and it will be very succesful. people want to see me killing and fighting and hurting evryone not the turtles fighting some crazy mutants.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:18 AM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I just feel that with this one.... this is finally the TMNT that is not for us. I mean, technically the 2012 wasn't either due to us all being in our 30s or whatever... but at least it had some compelling multi-arcing storylines and it gave us new versions of the 80's characters only us older folks would remember since we were there to see the originals.

Rise of the TMNT is just flat out dopey kids stuff and we're too old to get it or care. I'm as rabid as a TMNT fan can get but I just feel no drive to wake up early Saturday mornings to hunt this show down like I used to back for the 2012 show. The 2012 kept changing schedules but gawd dayum if I was ever gonna miss an episode. Here it's meh.

Reminds me of Grandpa Simpson. I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what is TMNT now seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 08-21-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:36 PM   #36
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.
-oof-
The line that encapsulates the entire agenda and movement as Hollywood kills pop culture....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:04 AM   #37
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Yeah this isn't working for me. And After Batman vs the TMNT it hit me as to why I don't care too much for this version. (Save Michelangelo who is less of the "dude Mikey" mold every version has been copying for awhile) I don't really care for the random adventures as their too silly at times even for the OT (debatably)

Leo can be funny without having to change his entire character because most fans thought he was boring. You kind of need the straight man in the group otherwise they're all annoying and too smilar. That said most will say that Donnie is the straight man of the group, but he is just silly in the other extreme while Mikey and Leo are silly in another way. That just leaves Raph....Never thought I call a version of Raphael the lovable dumb one Usually that's Mikey But for whatever reason he's the leader here but he doesn't really do anything other versions of the character didn't already do. Such as taking charge when he wants, confronting Leo and giving him crap but in that same vein gets a long with him the most. Only real difference I'm noticing is the show says he's the Leader and...That's it. And every other version of the character save comic books variants, would run verbal circle's around him.

And the defense for these changes are kind of weak from what I've seen. Like they like this version of Raph is sensitive but...Raph has always been sensitive, it's the whole mask your feelings through anger trope. Now you just toned down his anger and just left the sensitive part and made it so in your face his other quirks are gone. He doesn't have to be overly angry like 2k3 or too whinny like 2k12. Usually when I think of a version of Raph who doesn't rank 4th in terms of popularity for me it's 1990 and IDW.

Similar for Leo who is now 80's Raph. cracks one liners, seems rather lazy and cocky when it comes to fighting. Whole purpose mostly is to be the quippy funny one now. And I get it the boy scout perfectionist who always wants to do the right thing is a bit boring...Or is it? What if you just toned that down and make it a part of his character but not overly blatant? for a bit that was what 2k12 Leo was. He listen to Splinter but was still a teenager who was cocky, brash and made mistakes. And often pride and perfectionism were his flaws that he would overcome. Part of his humor was as mature as he would seem, the other 3 brought him down to their level. And when he did get childish or juvenile the jokes land better because it deviates from his norm.
Spoiler:
Like pulling a teen thing aan kicking Ra's Al Ghul in the balls

If you like this version? More power to you. It's just not for me and I tune in but quickly lose interest as fast as I gain it.

Last edited by Technogeek29; 09-17-2019 at 06:27 AM.
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:47 PM   #38
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I just feel that with this one.... this is finally the TMNT that is not for us.
What about the 2014 film? You actually think that was made for 30 something year old fans?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #39
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #40
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
What about the 2014 film? You actually think that was made for 30 something year old fans?
At least there iwas the main villian like i always am and fought the turtles and hurt splinter very hard! That how rise of tmnt should had been with me and my foot ninjas fighting the turtles from the first episodes and beating them but i will fight them again soon!