The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #61
Roland
is Laughing

I'm a Sonic Fan too. I got Sonic, Tails and Knuckles action figures (SonicX). I got the Sonic mega collection plus game. I played sonic 1 , 2 , 3 and Sonic & Knuckles and sonic 1 and 2 on the Sega Master System. Also played Sonic & Sega all stars racing. Watch some Sonic episodes, Sonic underground and Sonic the hedgehog (the one with the freedom fighters and the one with scratch and grounder).
Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #62
miru
Mad Scientist

I love this series too, including the newer characters, as you can see by my icon. I hope they make em playable again. Except Silver. i hate that guy.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #63
Roland
is Laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I love this series too, including the newer characters, as you can see by my icon. I hope they make em playable again. Except Silver. i hate that guy.
Yes that would be cool.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #64
miru
Mad Scientist

Here's what I want to see in the next Sonic game:

Blaze playable again.

Much darker tone than Generations.

Sonic angsting over Chip.

Sonic revealed to have Dark Gaia sealed inside him.

Sonic VS Robotnik no machines

Hyper sonic back and redesigned as a beefcake

Blaze calling Sonic "Sonikku"

A romantic duet between knuckles and Rouge, reprised as a slow ballad over the credits

Rouge's feelings for Knuckles to be genuine

Fang and the Babylon Rogues to team up.

Sonic having a nightmare about Blaze being roboticized
Old 11-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #65
Roland
is Laughing

Miru looks like you like Sonic and Blaze. There is a fanfic on fanfiction.net with the title "Sonic the cat" which you might enjoy. It is quite funny.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #66
Logan
Hench Mutant

I just played Sonic Colors for the first time last Friday. I really, really, enjoyed it. It's still lacking in level design, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I haven't played Generations yet, but I'm told it's quite good.

Another thing: Does anyone else feel like Nintendo and Sega are totally wasting a good opportunity with the Mario & Sonic crossover games? No more sports games, PLEASE! I want a classic platformer featuring both characters teaming up for some exploring and adapting to each others' environments.

Think of how cool it would be it see how Sonic's gameplay would change when picking up a fire flower or Mario obtaining the Chaos Emeralds. The possibilities are overwhelming.

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #67
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I just played Sonic Colors for the first time last Friday. I really, really, enjoyed it. It's still lacking in level design, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I haven't played Generations yet, but I'm told it's quite good.

Another thing: Does anyone else feel like Nintendo and Sega are totally wasting a good opportunity with the Mario & Sonic crossover games? No more sports games, PLEASE! I want a classic platformer featuring both characters teaming up for some exploring and adapting to each others' environments.

Think of how cool it would be it see how Sonic's gameplay would change when picking up a fire flower or Mario obtaining the Chaos Emeralds. The possibilities are overwhelming.
Actually I think you just posted the only thing and even that's not that interesting.

Mario with Chaos Emeralds? Mario with a star.

And I don't think any sane person would want a sonic style anime lite story involving Mario characters.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #68
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Such awful ideas in this thread.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #69
Logan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Actually I think you just posted the only thing and even that's not that interesting.

Mario with Chaos Emeralds? Mario with a star.

And I don't think any sane person would want a sonic style anime lite story involving Mario characters.
Your post is so incoherent I honestly can't make heads or tails out of what you are even saying. Elaborate please. Preferably with complete sentences.

Correction: I can understand the last sentence. It doesn't have to be an "anime lite" story. There are other possibilities. And I happen to know quite a few people that agree with me that Mario and Sonic should have a platformer together.

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #70
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Your post is so incoherent I honestly can't make heads or tails out of what you are even saying. Elaborate please. Preferably with complete sentences.

Correction: I can understand the last sentence. It doesn't have to be an "anime lite" story. There are other possibilities. And I happen to know quite a few people that agree with me that Mario and Sonic should have a platformer together.
Nice try making a joke about how my post was incoherent. Too bad you responded to everything I said.

What are these possibilities you speak of? If they're so 'overwhelming' maybe you can put out a few of them that aren't fanboy fantasies. Just cramming them together in a platformer isn't really appealing. Both franchises are built very differently and I don't think "Mario in Green Hill Zone" would be enough to sell anything much less work on a gameplay level.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #71
Logan
Hench Mutant

Aren't they all fanboy fantasies? The very idea of Sonic and Mario having a game together at all is a dream come true. Back in the 90s if you'd wanted a game like that you'd be told that it would never happen. Solid Snake in a Super Smash Bros. game is another example. That was the last thing I ever would've expected to happen but I'm sure someone out there had pipe dreams about it.

You're entitled to your opinion and it's okay if you don't like these ideas. But please don't be a jerk about it.

-Leonardo

Old 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #72
miru
Mad Scientist

Big the Cat is now officially retired (skip to 2:00:00)
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #73
Icebot
Foot Elite

I'm a huge Sonic Fan. I've played and mastered almost every one of their games from the 90's.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #74
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

I love Sonic. Currently watching AOSTH. My favorite Sonic game for the Genesis is Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Sonic Generations is awesome too.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #75
Leo656
The Franchise

I just started playing Generations like a couple weeks ago after getting it for Christmas, I love it. Some of the levels are frustrating but absolutely nothing a little trial-and-error doesn't fix. I was having a blast with it until I set it aside for a bit to play WWE '13.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #76
miru
Mad Scientist

Sonic TMNT Comparison

Sonic= Leonardo
Tails= Donatello
Knuckles= Raphael
Amy= Michaelangelo
Pickle= Splinter
Robotnik= Shredder
Orbot and Cubot= Bebop and Rocksteady
Cream = April O'Neil
Blaze= Venus
Chaotix= Mighty Mutanimals
Metal Sonic= Slash
Shadow= Casey Jones
Rouge= Ninjara
Silver= Carter
Mephiles= Lord Dregg
Emrel= Metalhead
Babylon Rogues= Purple Dragons
Mighty= Ray Fillet
Ray= Wingnut
Espio= Mondo Gecko
Charmy= Screwloose
Vector= Leatherhead
Shade= Karai
Omega= Fugitoid
Black Doom= Titanus
Tikal= Radical
Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #77
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh where to begin? Someone mentioned theyre a bigger Sonic fan than TMNT. Me too. I love the turtles but my love for Sonic is on a whole different level than anything else.

Not gonna get into the games, thats a given. I have most and love most. (love the Sonic/Mario crossover idea). I collect the toys and stuff too.

However, for me Sonic is part of my life. I know he's not real but I mean as a heroic figure and his overall character, in my mind he is real.

When I listen to the game music and (even some non-game music) I feel a sense a wonder and inspiration when associated with Sonic.

Some might think all this sounds crazy and No, I do not worship him. Its just always been a part of me. Something from my childhood Ive always looked up to.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:42 AM   #78
Testudo
Random Punk

I'm a huge fan of the Mega Drive trilogy (and Sonic R), but as someone else already said, they "ruined" the franchise with Sonic Adventure. In my opinion, the only acceptable recent game was Generations.
Testudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #79
Half Shell
Random Punk

It's one of my favorite characters of all times. I like almost every single game made for him. Lets just wait they keep him nice and fast, ha,ha!
Half Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #80
miru
Mad Scientist

My ideal roster

My ideal roster:

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Rouge

Blaze