The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #501
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I just saw a couple of pictures on Instagram teasing the SOTO Shredder. Anyone else see this? Where were these originally leaked from?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #502
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Yeah, you guys are probably right, and I hope you are.

Overall though, NECA is just making collecting TMNT not fun. Everything is difficult to get. They won't commit to any line. They play coy with Every. Friggin. Release. Their lack of honesty and transparency to their supporters is probably at heart of it all.

I get that "it's just business" to get people to buy into their "less desired" release of a figure by making them think nothing else will come out, then release the more desired one later, and get people to double dip, but it feels like that's their whole business model anymore.

I really hope Super7's line looks amazing, because collecting their figures is a lot more fun and easy.

NECA has great sculpts, but over the years I've just gotten more and more frustrated with how they run things. I'm looking forward to competition.
I understand this. I'm not a fan of their business tactics at all. And like you said, it is just business, but they have to expect it to garner a negative reaction from supporters. It just feels slimy.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt on committing to toy lines. It seems to me that they have had to work really hard to get these deals with Viacom/Nick.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:49 PM   #503
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I just saw a couple of pictures on Instagram teasing the SOTO Shredder. Anyone else see this? Where were these originally leaked from?
If that is the same one I saw on Facebook I think it is a custom. There wasn't any source info when I saw it. I noticed you can see the original NECA shredder helmet under the SOTO one's new plates.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #504
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

So what’s the latest on the future of the 1/4th scale 1990 line?

Think we’ll get Tokka and Rahzar from SOTO in this scale too?
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:36 AM   #505
Sorso
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
So what’s the latest on the future of the 1/4th scale 1990 line?

Think we’ll get Tokka and Rahzar from SOTO in this scale too?
Maybe it's a little early to say but I think it will continue with main characters such Splinter, maybe Casey Jones. We'll have to wait till next year that will be the 30th anniversary of the movie. Again it will depend on sales of the last 1/4 released, Shredder and foot soldier.
I personally hope at least Splinter will be released, I have the 4 brothers and not adding their father would be a shame, I'm optimistic it will happen, knowing that it's just been released a new batch of the 1/4 figures
Sorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #506
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

NECA just confirmed that they are announcing some news this weekend regarding the movie lines. It’s supposed to be about new figures.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:33 PM   #507
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Quote:
NECA just confirmed that they are announcing some news this weekend regarding the movie lines. It’s supposed to be about new figures.

Reference?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #508
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

From an Instagram post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03A18E9F-B0D5-4A48-9B5B-4BF5A40205FB.jpg (8.3 KB, 94 views)
Old 10-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #509
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
From an Instagram post.
Notice in the poster’s account name that “official” is mis-spelled. That is a troll account.
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:41 AM   #510
Powder
So tired of this place

How can you notice anything? That screen cap is like postage stamp, it's so tiny.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:51 AM   #511
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
Notice in the poster’s account name that “official” is mis-spelled. That is a troll account.
You’re absolutely right. I knew that a weekend reveal sounded weird but I guess I was just over anxious when I scrolled and saw this.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #512
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

With the official 30th anniversary only a couple months away, when is NECA going to release the movie figures for this event? They’ve shown absolutely nothing even though they teased they might. It’s time, NECA.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:24 PM   #513
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I think it’s a guarantee at Toy Fair. They missed the window for NYCC last fall.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:03 AM   #514
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Damn you NECA:
https://mobile.twitter.com/neca_toys...00177657925633

Splinter 1/4 was everything I wanted. Even more than Shredder.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:06 AM   #515
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Damn you NECA:
https://mobile.twitter.com/neca_toys...00177657925633

Splinter 1/4 was everything I wanted. Even more than Shredder.
Here’s the thing ... Randy has also said that 7” TMNT from the 1990 line wasn’t possible, or a 1/4th scale Shredder and even that he had no interest in Tokka and Rahzar ... those all seem to be changing.

I’m curious if they’re putting all their eggs in one basket though now with the 7” line, but I have a feeling much like Michael Meyers ( 2018 ) and Pennywise ( 2017 ), we’ll see more figures scaling back up in a 1/4th line. Splinter and Casey for sure.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #516
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Here’s the thing ... Randy has also said that 7” TMNT from the 1990 line wasn’t possible, or a 1/4th scale Shredder and even that he had no interest in Tokka and Rahzar ... those all seem to be changing.

I’m curious if they’re putting all their eggs in one basket though now with the 7” line, but I have a feeling much like Michael Meyers ( 2018 ) and Pennywise ( 2017 ), we’ll see more figures scaling back up in a 1/4th line. Splinter and Casey for sure.
I don't thinks so but I hope so!

It's been more than a year 1/4 Shredder was released. With no announcements and presentations next Toy fair, I think this line is dead unfortunately.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #517
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
I don't thinks so but I hope so!

It's been more than a year 1/4 Shredder was released. With no announcements and presentations next Toy fair, I think this line is dead unfortunately.
Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. You know, I think most of us probably wouldn't have invested so much into the 1/4th line if they were able to secure the 7" scale line of figures so early on ... but it seems that based on how well the 1/4th scale line sold alongside the Arcade and '87 figures that they were able to open the floodgates into what we see now.

You never know though, it seems they always decide to throw in another 1/4th scale out of the blue and I can see them announcing at LEAST Splinter and Casey by SDCC ... but like you mentioned, there's been no action. I know Pixel Dan tends to bring up particular fan questions to Randy during his Toy Fair / SDCC interviews and I reached out to him to ask about the rest of this line ... so we'll hopefully get an answer about it.

If the line is over at least. I'm perfectly okay with Shredder and the four Turtles (which is all I currently have) being my centerpiece and getting the rest of the figures in a smaller scale. Gotta find the room, but I'll make due.

A Tatsu, Tokka, and Rahzar are my must haves .... shockingly enough, I could possibly hold out on Casey, but seeing any teases of him, I'm sure I'll need to have him. Haha.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #518
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. You know, I think most of us probably wouldn't have invested so much into the 1/4th line if they were able to secure the 7" scale line of figures so early on ... but it seems that based on how well the 1/4th scale line sold alongside the Arcade and '87 figures that they were able to open the floodgates into what we see now.

You never know though, it seems they always decide to throw in another 1/4th scale out of the blue and I can see them announcing at LEAST Splinter and Casey by SDCC ... but like you mentioned, there's been no action. I know Pixel Dan tends to bring up particular fan questions to Randy during his Toy Fair / SDCC interviews and I reached out to him to ask about the rest of this line ... so we'll hopefully get an answer about it.
Yeah, agree with you 100%. 1/4 and 7". Turns out 7" sells better than 1/4. It's not logical to release figures in 1/4 which are already released in 7". But indeed, you never know. However, I'm very tired of waiting, hoping and praying like a child. They should have announced Splinter by now. But let's wait for Toy Fair. Yep, I watch Pixel Dan's videos always. I don't really like how over enthousiastic he is and a real pleaser (off course also for free stuff and getting them fast for promotional purposes) but his vlogs are nice in terms of interviewing and showing relevant stuff.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #519
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, agree with you 100%. 1/4 and 7". Turns out 7" sells better than 1/4. It's not logical to release figures in 1/4 which are already released in 7". But indeed, you never know. However, I'm very tired of waiting, hoping and praying like a child. They should have announced Splinter by now. But let's wait for Toy Fair. Yep, I watch Pixel Dan's videos always. I don't really like how over enthousiastic he is and a real pleaser (off course also for free stuff and getting them fast for promotional purposes) but his vlogs are nice in terms of interviewing and showing relevant stuff.

Quote:

If the line is over at least. I'm perfectly okay with Shredder and the four Turtles (which is all I currently have) being my centerpiece and getting the rest of the figures in a smaller scale. Gotta find the room, but I'll make due.

A Tatsu, Tokka, and Rahzar are my must haves .... shockingly enough, I could possibly hold out on Casey, but seeing any teases of him, I'm sure I'll need to have him. Haha.
I still see not releasing Casey and Splinter as very big missed oppertunities...
I don't really care about April, Tatsu, Tokka and Rahzar. April is not interesting enough and I only like the 1990 movie which has the best suits and faces, is the most serious, and has the darkest, most realistic tone as far as you can speak of realism hahah.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:26 AM   #520
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I got a 2nd Donatello because of the fuss I was hearing about face spots being corrected.

My original, first issue, has very large fuzzy spots all over the chin, cheeks, top.

The new one has no spots whatsoever.

Aren't both of these wrong? Shouldn't it have just a few small scattered spots like the others?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote