The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #281
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
Congratulations man that's awesome you don't have to stress now. I just checked and they are up for 260.00 a set on eBay without the Diorama so Im going to try and get mine through Neca. If these were 50.00 more I would probably jump on a set but double isn't worth it to me at this point!
ya i might hang around and snag a dio set, not sure yet. i made a special deal on ebay and didnt pay that much. still scalper price but i paid more to avoid the stress, plus had some extra money so thought why not...
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #282
AquaParade
Banned

I can't responsibly afford this, but I want it.

Man's greatest conundrum.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #283
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah it’s very cool and all but I don’t need another NECA set collecting dust in my closet.

I still haven’t found a way to display the bigger ones so they are not even opened yet. And the anniversary set I opened but the figures are just setting in a drawer.

I know if I bought these they would just sit in storage. I don’t need more hundred dollar bills chillin’ in the closet collecting dust.

Now if NECA provides something other than the four turtles I’ll most likely be all over them. I’d be more likely to display them. It’s just, how many sets of turtles does a collector need on display?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #284
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah it’s very cool and all but I don’t need another NECA set collecting dust in my closet.

I still haven’t found a way to display the bigger ones so they are not even opened yet. And the anniversary set I opened but the figures are just setting in a drawer.

I know if I bought these they would just sit in storage. I don’t need more hundred dollar bills chillin’ in the closet collecting dust.

Now if NECA provides something other than the four turtles I’ll most likely be all over them. I’d be more likely to display them. It’s just, how many sets of turtles does a collector need on display?
Hey, stop rationalizing our obsessions
Seriously though, I agree with what you’re saying. Lately for me it’s been “hmm, what do I sell to make room for this next thing?”. I’m just glad I held off on buying the 1/4 scale ones as I’m sure a lot of people would have done if they’d known these were releasing.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:08 PM   #285
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
Hey, stop rationalizing our obsessions
Seriously though, I agree with what you’re saying. Lately for me it’s been “hmm, what do I sell to make room for this next thing?”. I’m just glad I held off on buying the 1/4 scale ones as I’m sure a lot of people would have done if they’d known these were releasing.
I was thinking if these new releases hit the same time as the 1/4 scale what I would choose if I had to pick. I can’t really pick between them.

But I already have the 1/4 so I’ll stick with them. I just don’t think it would do honor to the new release for me to buy and plop in storage. But we all have our reasons for what we do.

Sounds like it worked out great for you in not picking up the 1/4 figs, congrats on this pickup dude! I’m just thinking in the future also, what will NECA release, and I’ll be saying I’m glad I didn’t pick up the 2018 SDCC set because now I have room for...
Old 06-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #286
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The big question for me is: will I be able to get the dio set without paying the price for 4 quarter scale figures would have cost me
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #287
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1984 View Post
Once you heat up the belt it fits perfect. I just heated mine up with a hair dryer for a few seconds.
I didn't even heat mine. Just gently twisted as I put it in. Then left it for, again, about month. I would not suggest leaving them in while posing. They fit, but are close to the leg. I fear bumping them too hard and breaking them. Seems easy enough to pose him and then put them in.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #288
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The big question for me is: will I be able to get the dio set without paying the price for 4 quarter scale figures would have cost me
Watch NECA have a dio release in the future for $75.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #289
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I didn't even heat mine. Just gently twisted as I put it in. Then left it for, again, about month. I would not suggest leaving them in while posing. They fit, but are close to the leg. I fear bumping them too hard and breaking them. Seems easy enough to pose him and then put them in.
That's the thing you can pose him with them in his holsters if you get them up and make the Sai go outwards. On the 1/4 I stuck to pens in them and let them sit out wards for an hour or two. Obviously you have to have something smaller for the 7 inchers. Probably a few tooth picks taped up might do.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:14 PM   #290
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
They've already said Dio packs are coming soon, this is just a preview with a SDCC-exclusive deco.

I think the regular dios will run around $100.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:21 PM   #291
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
They've already said Dio packs are coming soon, this is just a preview with a SDCC-exclusive deco.

I think the regular dios will run around $100.
Oh I didn’t catch that before. Thanks. So if people wait they can save a little, that’s good.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #292
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho50501 View Post
That's the thing you can pose him with them in his holsters if you get them up and make the Sai go outwards. On the 1/4 I stuck to pens in them and let them sit out wards for an hour or two. Obviously you have to have something smaller for the 7 inchers. Probably a few tooth picks taped up might do.
I'm sure others would have no problem. I have posed him with them in. I just prefer to error on the side of caution. Get him in the pose. Then add the Sais. He is then displayed posed with Sai in the pose.

On the plus side. It looks like they fixed Leo's Katana .

If anyone is interested NECA told me the dio will have everything the 4 pack has including the VHS box. Also we can do 2 of either set or one of each. That is it.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Last edited by inaheap; 06-04-2018 at 01:47 PM.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #293
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:

i have all 5 qtr scale figures, the baby turtle packs, the canister, and the anniversary set sitting in my closet because i dont have room for them and still got a pre-order for these
Old 06-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #294
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
oh, even if I do get the SDCC set with diorama, I'd still buy a normal dio set for more cartoony displays.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #295
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
i have all 5 qtr scale figures, the baby turtle packs, the canister, and the anniversary set sitting in my closet because i dont have room for them and still got a pre-order for these
I guess it’s kind of similar to the dude that has twenty guitars on the wall and only plays one. Or the dude that has a garage full of cars and motorcycles they don’t use.

Hopefully you at least take the stuff out your closet every now and then and admire it.

I just have to really think about every purchase carefully as space becomes more and more limited with every release. I don’t ever sell anything. Ever. Lol. When I buy it’s for life.

I don’t want to be a collector that needs to rent a storage unit or take over the kids room. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
oh, even if I do get the SDCC set with diorama, I'd still buy a normal dio set for more cartoony displays.
Cool!
Old 06-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #296
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I guess it’s kind of similar to the dude that has twenty guitars on the wall and only plays one. Or the dude that has a garage full of cars and motorcycles they don’t use.

Hopefully you at least take the stuff out your closet every now and then and admire it.

I just have to really think about every purchase carefully as space becomes more and more limited with every release. I don’t ever sell anything. Ever. Lol. When I buy it’s for life.

I don’t want to be a collector that needs to rent a storage unit or take over the kids room. Lol

Cool!
well i dont have a garage in my new house but do have a bunch of cars including a classic car that barely gets driven. spends most of the time in a storage unit along with a bunch of unopened turtle stuff (mostly Playmates).

i do every once and a while take them out to look at them but not as often as i should dont wanna handle them too much. we have a 3 bedroom house and no kids so i have 2 rooms taken over. my wife and i share the 3rd bedroom
Old 06-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #297
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It’s just, how many sets of turtles does a collector need on display?
One of each canon incarnation
Old 06-04-2018, 04:21 PM   #298
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
well i dont have a garage in my new house but do have a bunch of cars including a classic car that barely gets driven. spends most of the time in a storage unit along with a bunch of unopened turtle stuff (mostly Playmates).

i do every once and a while take them out to look at them but not as often as i should dont wanna handle them too much. we have a 3 bedroom house and no kids so i have 2 rooms taken over. my wife and i share the 3rd bedroom
What are your plans when you pack the 2 rooms and storage unit? I don’t think NECA is going to stop producing great temptations for collectors anytime soon.

I think a lot of collectors run out of space (especially if they’ve been collecting a long time) before money and then end up at a crossroads. I’m going to need a bigger house, thanks NECA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
One of each canon incarnation
Old 06-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #299
AquaParade
Banned

This is really cool and all...

But I want an Image TMNT set so bad. I mean, why not? These sell to such a niche market anyways. Would the Image TMNT set not sell out? I think it would.

Who wants to geek out over the accessories with me?

All turtles come with two heads - one w/mask, one w/mask lowered around neck.

Leonardo has removable hand, so you can plug in a metal sword-hand, or "hand-cap".

Raph comes with two extra heads - "Burnt to a crisp" Raphael, and Raphael wearing Casey's mask.

Michelangelo comes w/ mini Shadow figure and a writing pad.

Donatello can have all types of accessories and weapons pertaining to his armor. Maybe even a blaster in one hand, because why the fig not?

So maybe it's chances are slim as hell. I'm having a fun time imagining anyways.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:10 AM   #300
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It’s just, how many sets of turtles does a collector need on display?
Two: the Mirage comic version released by NECA and these Henson turtles!