The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant

Something on eBay. That requires local pickup in Portland.

I know it's a longshot and I honestly don't know where it's acceptable to post this...

But there is an eBay auction of a bunch of TPBs and a few extras but it's local pickup only and the item is in Portland, Oregon (I'm in Houston, Texas).

Anyone willing to pick up the item and I'll pay you to ship it to me?

Please let me know because this listing has stuff I can't find anywhere else.

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anri View Post
I know it's a longshot and I honestly don't know where it's acceptable to post this...

But there is an eBay auction of a bunch of TPBs and a few extras but it's local pickup only and the item is in Portland, Oregon (I'm in Houston, Texas).

Anyone willing to pick up the item and I'll pay you to ship it to me?

Please let me know because this listing has stuff I can't find anywhere else.
Wish I was closer to the location and I'd help you out. Why can't they ship books? I understand a car or something big but books has me curious.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Why can't they ship books?
No idea why. They are just completely unwilling to do it.

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:22 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anri View Post
No idea why. They are just completely unwilling to do it.
Oh. There are a few Oregon drome members but I'm not sure if in Portland area. Hope you get the books. Good luck.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
inaheap
Mad Scientist

You might try contacting them. If you are willing to send supplies, and all they have to do is pack and ship they might do it.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
Coro
Mad Scientist

Comics can ship as media mail which is insanely cheap. Shipping 50lbs of books wont be more than $20 no matter the size...odd.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Actually, comics are not allowed to be shipped via media mail because they contain advertisements. Dumb rule, I know..

I can usually ship TPBs and Graphic Novels via media mail with no problem though.

USPS has the right to check the package to see if the contents meet the criteria. If not, the recipient will be asked to pay the difference in price upon delivery.

I've heard this is happening much more lately, so I just go with Priority or First Class 95% of the time.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #8
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Actually, comics are not allowed to be shipped via media mail because they contain advertisements. Dumb rule, I know..

I can usually ship TPBs and Graphic Novels via media mail with no problem though.

USPS has the right to check the package to see if the contents meet the criteria. If not, the recipient will be asked to pay the difference in price upon delivery.

I've heard this is happening much more lately, so I just go with Priority or First Class 95% of the time.
MrPliggins is 100% correct.

The ads seem to be the bone of contention. It doesn't matter that the ads are decades old for businesses that no longer exist; the mere presence of even outdated ads is enough to count as a violation of the TOS for media mail.

Some people will still send comics via media mail and will send hundreds of packages with no problems. Others will get flagged, opened, and searched every time. If comics are found, the recipient will have to pay the difference between media mail and priority shipping to get the package. It tends to come down to individual USPS locations. Some don't care, some crack down hard.

I just send everything via priority mail. The boxes are free, they're delivered to my door, and I can schedule a pickup at my door for free when it's ready to go. Plus it automatically comes with tracking and $50 worth of insurance. The less time it spends in transit, the less chance there is for damage. If all that isn't worth the cost difference between media and priority, I don't know what is.