The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-07-2005, 05:10 AM   #1
Peanut
Second Gear

What's going on?

This used to be one of the most active sections. What the hell has been going on lately? It's starting to depress me!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:17 AM   #2
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I gots no clue. Just been out of town for a week and everything goes kapoof.

Then again, nothing much of any value has happened in gaming lately to talk about. Looks like we're in the heart of the pre-E3 dead spell where everything has been analyzed to death and no we just wait because the big wigs are sitting on all their announcements til the show. A couple of weeks and things will start to pick up as the PS3 is debuted in Japan to shareholders, Spec sheets for consoles leak out, and PR people start denying everything that's said.

Just a few more weeks and things will pick up. There's just nothing much to talk about right now.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
Peanut
Second Gear

True. The only things of interest have been happening within the Xbox community and besides myself and Mondo J. and maybe Duke, there aren't any Xbox fans, so I figured there was no point in posting those bits of news anymore.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:22 AM   #4
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I soooo hate this time of the year. Nothing happens at all. Few releases, no news, no nothing. Ugh, where's May already?
Old 04-07-2005, 05:25 AM   #5
Peanut
Second Gear

Yeah, seriously. It's pretty depressing when I check out the Gamecube section of IGN and the big news story is Digimon Battle Arena.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:29 AM   #6
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Ewwwww, Digimon? I think we've hit rock bottom. And that's like the only GCN release this month.

It's like we're climbing a REALLY steep hill so we can roll down the other end right into May 16 and the pretty little flower valley down there.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:34 AM   #7
Peanut
Second Gear

Oh, my bad. It's Digimon World 4, and it's changed now anyways. It's that Nintendo baseball game.

I am personally going a little insane waiting for E3 this year, especially since we still have no news at all about any of the consoles. I'm going to end up dying before I get to see what Revolutions big...uh...revolution is. The only next gen thing I've seen so far is part of the new Xbox controller. Seems like they're going with white for the new system. E3 is much too far away.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:41 AM   #8
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

White?!? Missed that one. I liked the Green/Black combo. It suited them well. Oh well.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:44 AM   #9
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

For Halo 2 fans

New Map News!

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory....ular&p=2803031

It's probably posted elsewhere anyway, oh well...
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:51 AM   #10
Peanut
Second Gear

Yeah, there's something about it in the Xbox thread. It looks promising to be sure. I actually heard they're supposed to be released very soon, the first 4 anyways, with the last 5 coming out in late May and all of them being released for free by late July or early August. Hopefully it'll bring some spark back to the game. The cheat fixes will be a blessing too. I've been playing nothing but Team Training lately, and there's even standbying in that. Sigh...
Old 04-07-2005, 06:17 AM   #11
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
True. The only things of interest have been happening within the Xbox community and besides myself and Mondo J. and maybe Duke, there aren't any Xbox fans, so I figured there was no point in posting those bits of news anymore.
Hmmm.....I guess I consider myself a fan of xbox. I really like what they did, although I'm not sure they've microsoft has been in the industry long enough for me to develop any strong ties to them. I've just been very impressed w/ their debut system. So yeah I'd say I'm a fan and the new maps have actually really put my interest back in Halo. I hadn't played that much since about 2 months after the game came out but I've actually started playing online again. Although I'll probably have to stop soon due to college work pilling up. O well I guess the slow spell is good for me in a way so that I can catch up with work.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #12
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

I think it's BS that Bungie's charging people for new maps... I mean, wtf?

Then again, Nintendo's been flogging Pokemon since the Gold/Silver generation with out adding hardly anything.

I guess this is my return post. TMB's convinced me that this place just needs some more... intellectual people that actually understand the industry.

That and I needed another distraction from learning C++ (past loops, finally. I give it a year before I make my own simple game, graphics and all).

However... first time I'm insulted, I'm gone, and this time for good.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #13
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
I think it's BS that Bungie's charging people for new maps... I mean, wtf?
All the fans are with you on that too. The thing is we can wait until June and download all the maps for free, but who wants to wait? At least we get two of the first four for free.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:53 PM   #14
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Yo Gwg! Welcome back!

Well, I can understand charging money for a lot of things, but not for what was supposed to be "free" content. They're just doing it because Halo is so popular which is a stab to their fans. Basically meaning, "We're going to punish you because there are so many other fans than you. Hand over the cash". Pokemon's finally moving on with the Gamecube thing. Seriously, if they had released another "Stadium" game, I'd have kicked their ass.

Need....news.....now.....

Ah, DS outsold PSP by quite a margin this week.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #15
Peanut
Second Gear

Actually DLC was never said to be free. There was never any talk of it, but you'd think they'd throw the fans a bone. Unfortunately Bungie didn't get a say in the matter. The higher ups at Microsoft wanted the money. Those bastards.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #16
Duke
Mad Scientist

Yeah, downloadable content was never guaranteed to be free w/ xbox live from the start. I remember when i first set up my account there was an option about whether or not you wanted to be able to download stuff that cost. I said no just to be sure i never actually downloaded anything that cost on accident and figured i could always change it later if i need to. I have never had to until now.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #17
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Well, I find it slezzy that they sell the game incomplete, sell more content, then preseumbly sell a half 2.5 upgrade at Xbox 2's launch. Who knows, maybe that's why Halo 2 had a cliffhanger ending....so they could continue it a little bit in 2.5. WOuldn't you rather just wait and have 3?

I'd say the same if Nintendo pulled that crap.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #18
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

I coulden't imagine the kind of outrage people would have if Nintendo decided to cut the ending of the new Zelda game, and release Zelda.5 at the launch of the Revolution. I swear, heads would roll.

And, again... that's what I still don't like about online play... the cost of it. I'd have picked up CoH, and WoW, if it wasn't for the cost of playing the game. I bought your friggin software, and then you're going to charge me to even play it? Not cool. I understand upkeep costs, and that development for online games doesn't stop when the game launches... but still. Why not lower the price of the software, then make your money off of the downloads?

Last edited by Kid Icarus; 04-09-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:38 AM   #19
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
Well, I find it slezzy that they sell the game incomplete, sell more content, then preseumbly sell a half 2.5 upgrade at Xbox 2's launch. Who knows, maybe that's why Halo 2 had a cliffhanger ending....so they could continue it a little bit in 2.5. WOuldn't you rather just wait and have 3?

I'd say the same if Nintendo pulled that crap.
The game was complete. They didn't have to release DLC, but they decided to. It's not like I have to buy it. If I want "extra" content, then I should be willing to pay for all of it. At least Bungie was able to pull out the two maps for free and all 9 maps free by late June.

As for the cliff hanger ending, I don't know if you've actually seen it, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. The game was already a lot longer than the first, so calling it incomplete is ridiculous.

And personally, I'd pay full price for an updated Halo 2 on Xbox Next. If they gave it next gen visuals and added a ton of stuff, especially new levels, I'd be all over it.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #20
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

But, would you rather have an updated Halo 2, or Halo 3?

Tags
peanut