The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #41
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, I understand everything wants to be PC now... but why would you send a gay couple to colonize a planet?
Ridley Scott likes being progressive. He probably also wanted to add variety to the cast, and I'm sure he has a reason in mind for their being in the crew.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:57 AM   #42
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
How does that work with 2 dudes?
Don't they have women too? Maybe one of them carries the baby and the guys raise it.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:06 AM   #43
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Being gay doesn't mean it's physically impossible to sexually engage with another gender. It just means you're not attracted to them.
It's been happening for centuries. So, even IVF might not be totally necessary. Bang one out in a quick two minutes or so during ovulation, cleanse yourself of feeling gross afterwards, and be done with it.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #44
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

New Red Band trailer with some new stuff:

(Edit: I can't get the video to display on here, do here'd the link to it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1AaiP...e_continue=147)

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 03-03-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Being gay doesn't mean it's physically impossible to sexually engage with another gender. It just means you're not attracted to them.
It's been happening for centuries. So, even IVF might not be totally necessary. Bang one out in a quick two minutes or so during ovulation, cleanse yourself of feeling gross afterwards, and be done with it.
I guess if there's a woman on that ship willing to do that for them that would work. On a colony ship with a limited number of seats with the intention of settling and populating a planet, though, that means one seat is basically superfluous to that purpose. And I don't think Weyland-Yutani is not one to want to make every penny count.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #46
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Promo that introduces us to Walter.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...s-emerge-sxsw/

So basically... it sounds like David creates the Alien in this. The mural in Prometheus was wrong, AVP 1 & 2 can't happen, that wasn't an Alien skull in Predator 2, and whatever juggernaut ship crashed on LV-426 that the Nostromo's crew encountered... it hasn't happened yet, or will happen in this movie (even though in Covenant, we're now only 19 years before Alien... that's a whole lot of fossilizing in a very short amount of time).

Bullsh*t, bullsh*t, and bullsh*t.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #48
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Also, I understand everything wants to be PC now... but why would you send a gay couple to colonize a planet?
Maybe they're both engineers or stellar cartographers or something; vital support crew. But a very valid observation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it just me or does this remind anyone else of Terminator Genisys? Basically an almost reboot/remake of the first film that is just done nowhere as good but with modern film making scenes?
I think Cubed called it. Spot on observation... first Terminator Genesis, then Star Wars The Force Awakens, and now Alien Covenant. Any others I'm missing?
Old 03-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I think Cubed called it. Spot on observation... first Terminator Genesis, then Star Wars The Force Awakens, and now Alien Covenant. Any others I'm missing?
I dunno, Covenant seems to have a piece of everything in it. From the trailer alone, stuff and shots borrowed from Alien, Aliens (the guns, obviously, but also the shot of the Alien skittering up the red-lit shaft), Alien 3, Prometheus, even Alien: Resurrection (the Alien ramming its head against the glass).
Old 03-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #50
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I dunno, Covenant seems to have a piece of everything in it. From the trailer alone, stuff and shots borrowed from Alien, Aliens (the guns, obviously, but also the shot of the Alien skittering up the red-lit shaft), Alien 3, Prometheus, even Alien: Resurrection (the Alien ramming its head against the glass).
I'm definitely not the person to serve as final judgment on Alien stuff... only saw the first one this year.

But watching the trailer and reading through this thread, it sounds like Cubed might be right.

If that's the case, I wonder if this is a wider trend and what is driving it? (Other than an ongoing lack of originality...)
Old 03-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #51
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...s-emerge-sxsw/

So basically... it sounds like David creates the Alien in this. The mural in Prometheus was wrong, AVP 1 & 2 can't happen, that wasn't an Alien skull in Predator 2, and whatever juggernaut ship crashed on LV-426 that the Nostromo's crew encountered... it hasn't happened yet, or will happen in this movie (even though in Covenant, we're now only 19 years before Alien... that's a whole lot of fossilizing in a very short amount of time).

Bullsh*t, bullsh*t, and bullsh*t.
Seems to me like these movies have been implying that the alien has always existed, just that outside sources (engineers or David) contributed to the form of Xenomorph that we see in the other films.

I thought the mural looked a lot like the Deacon as opposed to the regular Xeno. I think it goes with the theory I just mentioned: the engineers could've found out about the potential these creatures possessed and the regular Xeno/Deacon was their attempt at weaponizing them. The mural could've shown their vision of the creature perfected.

The AVP movies aren't canon anyways. Too many discrepancies and the fact that they already outright said they didn't want those mess of movies to be canon.

I agree with you about the fossilization of the ship and Space Jockey. They should've thought that through better. But I guess you can chalk it all up to the nature of LV-426 and it's harsh environmental.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #52
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Here's an interesting article that is a little bit spoilerish, just to let you know.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2017/03/14/...alien-origins/
Old 03-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I''m definitely not the person to serve as final judgment on Alien stuff... only saw the first one this year
Whaaaat? Are you saying you haven't gotten into the Alien movies either? First Star Wars, then Planet of the Apes, now Aliens?

And I thought you were a sci-fi fan, Cylon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm definitely not the person to serve as final judgment on Alien stuff... only saw the first one this year.
If you live long enough, one day you see yourself become CyberCubed.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Whaaaat? Are you saying you haven't gotten into the Alien movies either? First Star Wars, then Planet of the Apes, now Aliens?

And I thought you were a sci-fi fan, Cylon.
Haven't seen Predator yet, either.

I'm a fan of GOOD scifi: Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who. And I respect Star Wars and Firefly, though I don't personally enjoy them.

Still need to give Babylon 5 and the Stargate series a go... someday, when I have time...
Old 03-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #56
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
If you live long enough, one day you see yourself become CyberCubed.
Damn, that's HARSH, man. How can you say that to another human being?!

I thought we were friends.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Damn, that's HARSH, man. How can you say that to another human being?!

I thought we were friends.
You're joining his "I'm going to pretend I haven't seen every major motion picture in the past 20 years to get a rise out of people" shtick.

Every man, woman and child alive in the world has seen the Alien movies. And Predator. It should be mandatory, like service in the military in Israel.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #58
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You're joining his "I'm going to pretend I haven't seen every major motion picture in the past 20 years to get a rise out of people" shtick.

Every man, woman and child alive in the world has seen the Alien movies. And Predator. It should be mandatory, like service in the military in Israel.

Nah, except for Alien, Predator, and Back to the Future, I've seen it. And the Apes movies.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

What the hell? You haven't seen Back to the Future either? What in god sakes? That's just blasphemy at this point. Dear holy hell.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
What the hell? You haven't seen Back to the Future either? What in god sakes? That's just blasphemy at this point. Dear holy hell.
Keep deflecting, Cubed, but we all know YOU'RE the true cultural heathen here.