The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 07-26-2016, 04:46 PM   #21
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Boy do I miss Ammy.
He is in all of our hearts.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:41 PM   #22
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
He is in all of our hearts.

I'll always remember this asshat SOB.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:05 PM   #23
SurrealBrain
Banned

Got myself a Mega Man. They're neat little things, but I doubt I'll be a serious collector.
SurrealBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealBrain View Post
Got myself a Mega Man.
Are you just like, trying to give yourself away at this point?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:44 PM   #25
SurrealBrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Are you just like, trying to give yourself away at this point?
I dunno what you're talking about?
SurrealBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:43 AM   #26
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

In February 2018:

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #27
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I wish they'd expand on the TMNT line. Give us the 2003 Turtles, give us movie turtles from the first couple of movies etc.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

I like how they seem to have lots of different licenses. From Astérix to Street Fighter Funko Pops. Hell I've even seen a Darkwing Duck Funko Pop before. Speaking of Street Fighter, why is there a yellow and a green Blanka? I know swap palettes are a thing in fighting games in order to avoid confusion, but was that really needed? Seems like a clever way to get more collector's money.

That being said, never got any of their figures. I don't even think they look bad overall despite the big heads and round pitch black eyes. Thing is, I was never the type of person to collect things just for the sake of it. Buying a figure just to stand there and never touching it other than when I have to clean the dust off of it just seems pointless and a waste of money to me. I also stopped buying action figures once I outgrew playing with toys. I'd just buy a few Funko Pops... and then forget their existence or not even notice them any more after a few days.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #29
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm not interested in collecting many, I have 2 and am thinking of getting Shredder, but not sure if to get the funko pop or bobble head.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:09 PM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

I'd go for a bobble head, myself. Anything "normal" looking is better than those marshmallow headed black eyed... things...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I ended up getting a bunch in a row as a birthday gifts

Ceres sent a Dalek Sec figure, knowing I like Daleks (and not realizing that Sec is the Best Dalek), then only a little while later did my boyfriend give me the whole BoJack Horseman set.

So of course things look a little weird when they're all together

I wouldn't collect any others past that, unless maybe I found another Dalek or two.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:01 AM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm hoping the He-Man pops hit my area soon, I believe they're already out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:57 PM   #33
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I've got a She-Hulk POP (the only one I've ever owned); I might get those TMNT figures in February to keep my display shelf green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:55 AM   #34
newfan
Mad Scientist

Sorry to revive a thread.. (which also seems to have a few banned members in it)

Those of you who buy these, has anyone bought them from Pop in a box? Just saw it come up while I was searching for something and wondered if anyone had used it before.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:21 PM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Sorry to revive a thread.. (which also seems to have a few banned members in it)

Those of you who buy these, has anyone bought them from Pop in a box? Just saw it come up while I was searching for something and wondered if anyone had used it before.
I have in the past. It's kinda cool cause you can list the Pops you already own and list the ones you want, so when you get them, they're random, but randoms of what you want. Or just flat out buy the one you want.

I don't know where you are, but for me in the US, they take a while they're mailed from the UK, so patience is a key.

My ex and I subbed, the funny part is most of the time it was Pops she wanted, based on Disney princess stuff. I did score a Pac-Man pop and a 60's Catwoman pop though.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:15 AM   #36
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I have in the past. It's kinda cool cause you can list the Pops you already own and list the ones you want, so when you get them, they're random, but randoms of what you want. Or just flat out buy the one you want.

I don't know where you are, but for me in the US, they take a while they're mailed from the UK, so patience is a key.

My ex and I subbed, the funny part is most of the time it was Pops she wanted, based on Disney princess stuff. I did score a Pac-Man pop and a 60's Catwoman pop though.
Thanks, turns out they are sold out of the one I want anyway but useful to know for another time.