Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #721
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
The same monter pc that i have nowl Ryzen 1700 3.0 ghz 16 gb ddr 4 3200 mhz gtx 970 g1 gaming and 24'' 2560x1440 60 hz ips dellp2416d monitor! But until then i might buy a new graphics card too for 4k textures!
You call that a monter pc? Obsolete at best.

"New origin" is making me a bit nervous, but if it coincides with the story at all, I can definitely see it working. Only time will tell. At least they're trying something new instead of doing the same damn thing again.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Old 07-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #722
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
"New origin" is making me a bit nervous, but if it coincides with the story at all, I can definitely see it working. Only time will tell. At least they're trying something new instead of doing the same damn thing again.
It'll be aliens with nostrils.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #723
CyberCubed
Overlord

When did bragging about your PC specs become something to be proud of? I don't get it.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #724
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Why is everyone freaking out about them being aliens? The title of the new show still has "Mutant" in it; they're just adding the Tales part to differentiate it. I doubt they'd go to the trouble of making them mutant aliens. That would be unnecessary.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #725
CyberCubed
Overlord

Because this is a new origin. You can't change the origin too much from the core concept without major differences. IDW had the whole reincarnated humans aspect which was a huge departure, but I don't know what a cartoon can do.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:30 PM   #726
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

I don't really see this working for a younger age group cause lots of parents would have issues w/ it but it could also be that they lean more toward a "demonic" origin w Japanese kappa and all but it would work w the supernatural side
Old 07-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #727
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i didn't mind half shell heroes all that much.

although i would prefer something a little closer to Brave and the Bold. something that has a respectful fun with the goofiness of the idea.
I love Brave and the Bold so I'd be down for that.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #728
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Because this is a new origin. You can't change the origin too much from the core concept without major differences. IDW had the whole reincarnated humans aspect which was a huge departure, but I don't know what a cartoon can do.
That still doesn't mean they'll be aliens. I defer to my previous post. I think you're all worrying for nothing.
And lest we forget that in the original comic Yoshi was not Splinter, and the whole Nagi/Saki brothers thing that was completely absent from both 1987 and 2003 cartoons, and the current IDW comic. Heck, Shredder was an alien imposter in the 2003 series! Those aren't different origins?...

Old 07-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #729
snake
Disgusting

New origin can refer to the fact that it's a "new" incarnation, and we're seeing their "origin" for the first time. Marketing doesn't usually read too deep.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #730
CyberCubed
Overlord

There are only two ways the origin can be unacceptable:

1. Turtles are aliens as previously stated.

2. The Turtles are regular human teenagers mutated into turtles, rather than starting off as ordinary Turtles.

It's quite possible they'll go with the latter. There have been a lot of indications lately especially with the recent shorts that they're toying around with the idea of the Turtles possibly starting off as human teenagers.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #731
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
New origin can refer to the fact that it's a "new" incarnation, and we're seeing their "origin" for the first time. Marketing doesn't usually read too deep.
That would be strange wording. Esp if it isn't 'reading too deep.'

Although it could simply be "new" as compared only to 2012, rather than the entire franchise, and they might simply intend to try out the original pet rat Splinter version.

Quote:
It's quite possible they'll go with the latter. There have been a lot of indications lately especially with the recent shorts that they're toying around with the idea of the Turtles possibly starting off as human teenagers.
That had crossed my mind and I hope that isn't it.

Like what... taking the IDW idea and removing the reincarnation part? Yawn... IDW's idea isn't my fave (it's okay), but at least it seems to have caught on for those who are readers of it and is an acceptable new take on it. (Portions I've seen of it though with their past life mom kinda tugs at the heartstrings though.) I hope they don't just take some idea like that, or another, and dumb it down like the PD films did...

It's not hard to leave the foundation alone and find new stories to tell. Go for the adventures and events in their lives we didn't see that might have that happened between all those episodes/issues 'off camera.'

I think if they wanted to screw with the origin a little... the one thing I might be cool with is if Tang Shen doesn't die and she ends up fleeing to NYC WITH Yoshi instead. Whether he becomes Sprinter or their pet does. (Or if she and Yoshi switched places, her mutating and rising the Turtles instead, though not sure how I'd feel about an absent Splinter.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-22-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #732
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That would be strange wording. Esp if it isn't 'reading too deep.'

Although it could simply be "new" as compared only to 2012, rather than the entire franchise, and they might simply intend to try out the original pet rat Splinter version.
That's what I was trying to say. Words are hard.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:23 PM   #733
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I have a feeling I won't like this new show and most of us here won't and I was fairly positive towards it until this last bit of news.

I'm ok with the turtles being human here and slight changes here and there, hell even radical changes if they make it work but something about it just gives me bad vibes.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #734
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The tutlles are mutant monsters and they must die! I dont care at all if these new turtles will be human mutating to turtles because they will be mutant turtles anyway. That remind of years ago when i mutated the 1987 turtles into humans and they lost all of their powers. Good idea! I havent try it again since then but now that i think about it mutating them into humans will be one of the best ways for me to kill them!!! And i will be again a Utrom. Chrell! Yes. I will be a human that will be mutated into a Utrom!
Old 07-22-2017, 03:56 PM   #735
neatoman
Emperor

Is it possible that this "new" origin is just the IDW origin and whoever wrote "new" didn't know any better?
Hahahaha!
Old 07-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #736
snake
Disgusting

It's possible that it means nothing and you're all reading into it.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:00 PM   #737
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I quoted some information below that seemed interesting to me surrounding the new show.

“The Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA, which keeps it fresh and relevant to every new generation while satisfying the demand from its adult fans,” said Cyma Zarghami, president, Nickelodeon Group."

"'Turtles’ has been an incredibly important franchise for us since we reignited it five years ago, and we’re excited for the new series to take the characters in a different direction with more humor, a younger and lighter feel and all-new dimensions to explore.”

"The Turtles will have an all new, all different look, origin, design, and have both new and old characters. The animation will be 2D as opposed to 3D. Playmates Toys did not go into story concepts on this, but updates will be available at New York Comic-Con in October from Nickelodeon."

My thoughts...
The reference to adult fans has me think that shot callers do keep a mixed audience in mind when creating or backing shows. Though the younger and lighter feel has me thinking Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past only even more Half-Shelly. But an old school flintstone kids or pup named scooby doo feel with TMNT wouldn't be horrible.

I am curious if the all-new dimensions to explore is just a phrase or a slip that there will be a heavy interdimensional travel theme. I like the 2D aspect and wonder what new characters will emerge.

Quotes obtained from the following two links.
http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2017/07/21...les-interview/
https://www.google.com/amp/variety.c...202000951/amp/
Old 07-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #738
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
The Turtles are regular human teenagers mutated into turtles, rather than starting off as ordinary Turtles..
I'ld say, test it first. Make a five-episode season with some basic characters (April and Irma, Purple Dragons and Casey Jones, Foot, Baxter Stockman, Utroms or Kraang) and see how it turns out.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #739
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
, and we’re excited for the new series to take the characters in a different direction with more humor, a younger and lighter feel and all-new dimensions to explore.”
This quote is the only thing about the new show that bothers me. "More humor and a younger and lighter feel" .....when the Nick cartoon already had plenty of humor and was designed for kids to enjoy.

I know the Nick cartoon got dark at times, but it's still kid-oriented and focused on humor. I'm not sure I like the idea of a show being even more child-friendly with even more humor focus.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #740
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
This quote is the only thing about the new show that bothers me. "More humor and a younger and lighter feel" .....when the Nick cartoon already had plenty of humor and was designed for kids to enjoy.

I know the Nick cartoon got dark at times, but it's still kid-oriented and focused on humor. I'm not sure I like the idea of a show being even more child-friendly with even more humor focus.

I know that both of us are still fans of the FW series. That series can definitely be said to be a lot more humor focused than the first Nick series.

Also, even though I have similar feelings at times, the fear that the new series will be like Teen Titans Go is a little premature I think.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters