The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Does master material for this show still exist?

Just a thought sparked on by the existence of fan remasters that somehow look better than what Paramount has provided. In theory, the best case scenario for remastering the show would be to the use master material, but the question is if that still exists? Who would actually be in possession of it? The show has obviously changed hands since it concluded, not mention how the original production company was carved up into a now defunct distributor for shows that weren't sold to other companies and a still active dubbing studio which is exclusively focused on dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh, which might make the hunt for it seem like it might be pain.

Ideally, the master material was handed over to Paramount and what's on P+ is just a half-assed attempt to remaster the show, which can be corrected down the line. Less ideal would be if it's just in some archive of Konami NY or whoever the hell bought the other 4Kids assets. Even less than ideal than that, the best masters exist in the archives of foreign dubbing studios without the English audio track intact. Worst case scenario, it was scrapped entirely to make room for more stuff...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 04:54 PM   #2
ToTheNines
[sic]

Might want to figure out how to reach out to Lloyd Goldfine. I emailed him probably 10 years ago about something and he was super nice.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 02:37 PM   #3
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Has the original version of Turtles Forever ever been available aside from the international DVDs? I've only ever heard of the TV cut being available since. I wonder if they just don't have the original any more.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 08:40 AM   #4
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Has the original version of Turtles Forever ever been available aside from the international DVDs? I've only ever heard of the TV cut being available since. I wonder if they just don't have the original any more.
i ripped the unedited cut from 4Kids website and it's been on my PS3 ever since 2009.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote