The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 08:03 AM   #8161
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Try the flash bombs on them. lol

6/7 - The inevitable horror that is a harmless crane fly getting into the house and coming after the light from your computer screen and the lamp next to you.

I know you can't help that you look like a massive mosquito, but omg stop. Go hang around another light that isn't next to me.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-07-2018 at 09:47 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:36 AM   #8162
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just hit a point where I'm disliking my art style for Utroms again .

By all means, Krang should not be as remotely cute as I keep drawing him. And Ch'rell really shouldn't. My intent is that they'd look like they was carved out of a mountain side, but that's not the way it's ended up.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #8163
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

I don't know if this is a gear grinder, or a happy grinder.

It's not been around a year + since I got banned from my only forum. I've been keeping tabs on it every month or so.

I find it amusing that it took the last jedi to finally get some hard cases to come over to my way of thinking about these modern movies, when some would have thought me troll before. seems like 98% of that forum feels the way I do about that movie, even some folks I would thought would never feel that way. which is surprising, seem to finally be seeing the light and are turning the tide against movie stupidity.

but all in all, I don't really miss it the way I did when I first got canned. things there develop into an argument as fast as things here do. only with ten times the faster pace. one place like that is bad enough to keep up with .
Old 06-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #8164
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You have some weird need for validation in online forums. Weirdoh.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:08 PM   #8165
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I don't know if this is a gear grinder, or a happy grinder.

It's not been around a year + since I got banned from my only forum. I've been keeping tabs on it every month or so.

I find it amusing that it took the last jedi to finally get some hard cases to come over to my way of thinking about these modern movies, when some would have thought me troll before. seems like 98% of that forum feels the way I do about that movie, even some folks I would thought would never feel that way. which is surprising, seem to finally be seeing the light and are turning the tide against movie stupidity.

but all in all, I don't really miss it the way I did when I first got canned. things there develop into an argument as fast as things here do. only with ten times the faster pace. one place like that is bad enough to keep up with .
People are curious sure, and will check the state of things they'd rather not be involved with, but its always better to just be happy regardless of what goes off online. Its a lesson many of us forget, ever since the Internet has dominated so much of our lives.
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #8166
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Omg, kill me now. Nature decided to rear its ugly head again yesterday afternoon, and now it's 5am, and I've spent the entire night waking up every g**d@mn half hour from hot flashes and night sweats, and now I'm getting nauseating cramps to boot. On a Monday. I just want to curl up and die right now.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #8167
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

New gear grind- people who paint political "leftists" (aka liberals) as intolerant fascist idiots more concerned with not offending fringe groups than with actual progressive ideals like equality or human rights. This may be true of a few outliers, but like any large group, there are bad apples in every bunch. The problem is when pseudo-intellectual "superiors" sneer in distain at the proponents of what is at heart a movement intended to promote individuality and a better understanding and harmony for all, by backhandedly insulting and demeaning them as fools for having an ideological dream of a future where minorities of all stripes are treated with respect and equality.

Of course, this is not to say that "the right" are bad- they have their positive points too- but those among them (or who stand firmly against "the left") who pretend to be morally superior while systemically promoting nothing but division and vitriol through their hate-mongering of EITHER "side" are nothing but a$$hats incabable of any compassion, tolerance, or basic human decency themselves. It is sickening and a stain on humanity.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #8168
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

remember the political ideology. If they can label you, they can then hate you.
I never understood the 'left' 'right' labels myself.

all i ask of a person is just be a decent human being and explain your stance without being a jerk. that's all I ask

Last edited by Vegita-San; 06-13-2018 at 02:26 AM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #8169
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Was worrying a little about my tiny sapling, from my old now deceased tree, that seems to have wilted ends on some of the newer growth. The dirt moistness seemed to check out okay... (Did give it some fertilizer I just got so hopefully that will help.)

Only to come to realize that the tiny leafhopper I've often seen just innocently sitting there on its tiny trunk could be to blame... >.> Something about how they suck the sap out of the underside of leaves, particularly new growth. HM. Innocent my butt.

Don't want to harm the little things, always thought they were cute and all, but guess I will be hitting Home Depot in the morning for what will hopefully be a deterrent. This sapling is the last existing child of my old tree... no way in hell am I letting some bug have it when they have the rest of the world to eat.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #8170
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

When we wrapped out our show last season, the Executive Producer and Showrunner approached me to tell me that if we get picked up for another season that I would be in the writers room (at long last!).

We were just cancelled.

So... yeah.

Moving back to Vancouver and trying again there. Such a piss off.

Spoiler:
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #8171
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

ever notice the people who claim to be the most open to new ideas and new situations seem to be the fastest to turn on you when you say something they don't like?

it's been a very weird month for unusual reactions this may/june.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #8172
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Definite grind... Being one of those states where we actually have to take our vehicles to the DMV for inspection. As long as it's a quiet day, as it was today, and you're not stuck in a long line of cars, the inspection itself is quick and easy. Nice weather today so it was pretty pleasant. (Never even had to get out of the car.)

It's the drive over there that I hate... Definitely a down side to us not being able to just go to a local auto place that can do it like many other states do.

Between too many people apparently driving like idiots/jerks today and having to be on roads or parts of roads I'd rather avoid... And then accidentally ending up on frigging I-95 on the way home which is just fantastic. All thanks to a bunch of changes they made to an area of roads around the 95 exits that is rather confusing (esp the non-exist fly over that just 'magically' became 95) and I'm not used to it coming from that end and it's so easy to miss which lane you will need to be in as it comes up on you so fast with too much traffic.

At least it's done for another year. (Though I'm still mad they up and doubled the price per year back in '07. Almost no one pays for more than a year at a time anymore... That amount used to get me two.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
When we wrapped out our show last season, the Executive Producer and Showrunner approached me to tell me that if we get picked up for another season that I would be in the writers room (at long last!).

We were just cancelled.

So... yeah.

Moving back to Vancouver and trying again there. Such a piss off.
Aw! Well that seriously stinks. Good luck on the next one, hope you land something great.

6/14 - The lies people tell themselves to excuse things they do.

Verbally raised an eyebrow at my mother, so to speak, when I saw her immediately getting a second fudge pop from the freezer after having just had a first one. I was pretty certain I'd already heard her get into them not long before.

Her excuse... "It's the other half. They come in twos. So I can have it." And pulls out another to show me how the packaging consists of two completely separate fudge pops with connected wrappers.

Oh for the love of... *facedesk* You are a grown woman who should damn well know better! Yes, I'm so totally sure that a woman who has recently returned to type 2 diabetes totally needs a second one AND to make stupid excuses to have it; expecting me to buy that claim.

That crap (making up lies to excuse it) just makes me lose respect of people. If you're going to act against your own best interests, at least OWN it.

Too bad she had dumped them in and threw out the box. I'd have gladly pointed out to her the existence of the SERVING SIZE info.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-14-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #8173
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

some people just don't know how lucky they are with what they've got.

and adding in a few beers making them a bit of a jerk in the process doesn't help either.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #8174
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

This- is hard. Demona broke her back leg this morning, so we had to call my mom to drive us to take her to the vet this evening. The prognosis was not good. The bones were riddled with holes and were weak and being eaten away. It seems the lymphoma that caused her to go blind had spread all over and was destroying her bones. We just had her put to sleep, to keep her from suffering any further. It was not how I wanted this to go, but..... I suppose it was for the best. She has been with us for 13 good years, and was my friend and familiar. She is waiting for us over the rainbow bridge now, at least I hppe she is. I held her when she fell asleep from the sedative before they gave her the euthanasia, and felt her last breath against my hand.

On a related note, Mr D got a call this afternoon from his mom that his grandmother passed away around noon. So, yeah, it's been a day of loss. He sang a lullaby he wrote to Demona as she was falling asleep from the sedative, and broke down crying in the middle. We brought the empty carrier home, and I think Angel already knows something is up, but hasn't realized yet that her companion is gone.

The only bright side to all this is that we no longer need to find a home for the kitten- she IS home. Since we no longer have Demona, the two cat limit of our apartments is not an issue. We decided to keep her. Demona's cremated remains will be coming home in a box in a few days, to join the ashes of her son Ash and my first cat Pepper in my curio cabinet.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #8175
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, so sorry. Condolences on both your kitty and grandmother-in-law. If there's anything after this, well... maybe they can provide a lap and a cat for each other. And the new kid gets a home, which I'm sure any good elder cat at the end of life might be glad to know she can pass her humans down to someone.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #8176
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Thank you. I only ever met her once, but it was a hard enough blow for him, and then this happens with Demona. She sat in my lap last night while I was writing. She used to curl up on my belly and purr when I was pregnant. I miss her already.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #8177
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh sh*t, that is terrible ! I'm so sorry that happened to you, especially given the circumstances. That kitten came right on time, all things considered.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #8178
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Mr D thinks she was sent to us for that reason. I'm inclined to agree.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #8179
newfan
Mad Scientist

Awh, sorry to hear your news Duckie.

Last edited by newfan; 06-20-2018 at 12:11 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:40 PM   #8180
Papenbrook
Bryce Papenbrook

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother-in-law and of Demona.

May you have my deepest condolences.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote