The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #761
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

as per Twitter: household limit of 2 sets with turtles total only. If you ordered 2 sets with diorama and 2 sets without diorama, your order will be cancelled. You're right, this was not addressed in the FAQ.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #762
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
nope that was clear. was even asked on twitter and stated 2 total weather it be the diorama or basic, people just dont read
Well, if you read the link here, it doesn't specify:

https://thenecastore.com/pages/2018-...-pre-order-faq

So, if someone didn't check Twitter, how would they know? Just saying.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #763
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

not addressed in the faq but was still asked and Randy said 2 total. i stand by what i said
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #764
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
well NECA just announced the cancelled orders due to policy abuse.

im curious to see how many were cancelled and how it affects the scalper market
Source?

edit: Nevermind I found the Twitter whiner.

I wonder how many they cancelled
Now shipping to CANADA!

Last edited by Coro; 06-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #765
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Source?

more characters
It's all over their Twitter. I'm glad that they're trying to clamp down on scalpers, but I really do think they're making a mistake by assuming that everyone read the more specific rules on Twitter. I mean, if someone looked only at the website FAQs, there's no way they would know they it was 2 turtles sets total.
Old 06-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #766
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Source?

more characters
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...45988391657472

somebody blowing up because his order was cancelled
https://twitter.com/Logmanty/status/1006617027753070592
Old 06-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #767
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post

yeah i guess you have a point there not everyone is on twitter. but still why would someone need 2 diorama sets and 2 basic sets unless to scalp the 2nd bundle off

im glad they are following through on their word
Old 06-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #768
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
yeah i guess you have a point there not everyone is on twitter. but still why would someone need 2 diorama sets and 2 basic sets unless to scalp the 2nd bundle off

im glad they are following through on their word
Toy collectors are weird. We like to have a set to open but another to display. We give sets as gifts. We customize sets, or combine parts of some sets with those of another. You name it. I don't have a problem with cracking down on people who break the rules, but I do have a problem with creating ambiguous rules and then punishing people for misinterpreting or not seeing them. I mean, there's no sense in publishing two different sets of rules and then enforcing the more stringent of them.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #769
AquaParade
Big Boss

Ah....

That felt good.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #770
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

You guys I distracted myself about the fact that I didn't get one for a few days and stopped caring. It's like an addiction to break!

Then I realized just how bad my finances are, so thank you scalpers for ruining my chances of getting one.

Just looking on the bright side.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #771
robblerobble
Random Punk

"Any and all turtle orders were cancelled".....dang near gave me a heart attack. Glad to know it was just for the people who ordered more than 2 and not everybody because of a greed few. Right? RIGHT???
robblerobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #772
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if for next year (or, heck, for NYCC) they rereleased this set, but with multiple heads for each Turtle a la the Playmates classic releases. Also, since the extra heads would include the Turtles' looks in TMNT II, Vanilla Ice would come packaged in the set as well.

Aaaaand now I want a set of variants based on the Coming Out of Their Shells tour.
They are not gonna do that. Since they just released the SDCC Turtles. If anything Next Year will be the TMNT movie Shredder and Foot 4 pack. And the Dimension X set as another set. Besides Randy really doesn't care for Part II or III of the Turtles.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 PM   #773
ZacksSoUgly
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
as per Twitter: household limit of 2 sets with turtles total only. If you ordered 2 sets with diorama and 2 sets without diorama, your order will be cancelled. You're right, this was not addressed in the FAQ.
I was wondering when this was going to be addressed. I saw people on IG and Twitter the day of the release saying they got two (of one set) and I was like, "Ummm... I think your order is going to be cancelled." Glad to see NECA followed through with that.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 AM   #774
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post
I was wondering when this was going to be addressed. I saw people on IG and Twitter the day of the release saying they got two (of one set) and I was like, "Ummm... I think your order is going to be cancelled." Glad to see NECA followed through with that.
I think you mean two of each set. Two of one set is fine.

Getting your entire order cancelled is harsh, and I do agree that the instructions on the Web site itself (not Twitter) were a bit vague, but assuming you're not scalping, how many sets do you realistically "need?" I ordered two standard sets total and that's already more than enough, IMO.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:21 AM   #775
ZacksSoUgly
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by predaking000 View Post
I think you mean two of each set. Two of one set is fine.

Getting your entire order cancelled is harsh, and I do agree that the instructions on the Web site itself (not Twitter) were a bit vague, but assuming you're not scalping, how many sets do you realistically "need?" I ordered two standard sets total and that's already more than enough, IMO.
Oh, that's my bad. I thought they meant you can get two sets (one Turtles only and one diorama), but not two sets of the same item.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:36 AM   #776
rh608
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post

I'm sure most of you are really cool and great guys but it is ANNOYING to see the amount of needless, pointless and just plain ole stupid speculation.

Let's be real . . . NECA posted on their websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram EXACTLY what the two per household limit meant SEVERAL TIMES. It's plain ole BS to sit here and try and argue your point when it was clear what NECA rules are. No amount of wanting the rules to be altered or trying to convince yourself that what you think is better than what NECA did will change it. And if you didn't reach out to NECA directly for further clarification shame on you.

NECA was responding to COUNTLESS of the SAME inquiries regarding those limits and if you didn't get the clue that you could not have more than two of either Turtles exclusive then that is ABSOLUTELY on you! Those who didn't look in more than one place for confirmation just show a lack of real drive. Just saying. Even Pixel Dan, Action Figure Junkies and a few others who posted videos on YouTube and Facebook live addressed this concern during the days of the sale.

Just like we've all seen the COUNTLESS inquiries regarding international shipping . . . How many times does NECA has to respond to those?!?!

Furthermore, it is not at all harsh for an entire order to be canceled if it went against the rules. That's called consequence!

It is what it is folks!

Look, I don't post much at all -- barely anything since I joined this Forum in 2010 -- but the bickering, complaining, shade throwing and LACK OF READING that has been going on over these figures is exhausting and annoying. And the PURELY BS excuses of not knowing and clamming at NECA about them canceling orders without notice is pointless and stupid. It doesn't matter if the rules were only posted in one area -- that area is public and visible to all. Kind of like pissing in public. There are no signs on the streets that tell us not to do it BUT WE ALL KNOW not to do it!

Other than this I've enjoyed reading a lot of your comments for years and getting tips and info on a lot of stuff. Very helpful for the most past.

Just my two cents. Nothing is law. Don't be mad or offended. Carry on.

Make it a great day and end of the week folks!

Last edited by rh608; 06-14-2018 at 08:49 AM.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #777
AquaParade
Big Boss

Anyone buying these online, knows well and good how rare and hard to get they are.

Snatching four for yourself? Serves you right.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #778
rh608
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Anyone buying these online, knows well and good how rare and hard to get they are.

Snatching four for yourself? Serves you right.
Agreed! No excuses. Whether it was doubted or not we all saw NECA express that orders would be canceled if they caught any rule breakers or repeat orders. I bet all those other kats are nervous now. Just think, all those eBay listings for "pre-orders" and not even having the item on hand. Folk will be getting their refunds in silent. Trust me. I'm glad NECA kept their word.

Speaking of rare . . . Last year's SDCC Exclusive seem to still be holding the exclusive value and hype. The cost for one has climbed and I haven't seen any knock off versions that many people claim happens so often. I wouldn't bet on any counterfeits of last year's exclusive or this year's. There's been a lot of cracking down on the counterfeit markets but I also feel that the more detailed the items the harder it is to make a good copy of that people will be willing to purchase.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #779
rh608
Random Punk

[QUOTE=***First of Two Latin Kings***;1763827]If any of you think NECA is going to bother to sift through all the orders and cancel the ones that "might be scalpers," you're very naive. If you guys want to snitch on me and get the orders I placed canceled by NECA, be my guest. I will just have to cancel the orders that were placed by people here (overseas fans who have no other way to get them). I can have someone pick the set up for me at the con to fill the one set that actually sold on eBay.

Looks like NECA stuck to their word and have started canceling those order that are manually being screened. They probably saw all the screen captures sellers listed in their eBay "pre-order" listings and were able to catch a few of you that way too . . . Oh, well . . .
Old 06-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #780
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
I'm sure most of you are really cool and great guys but it is ANNOYING to see the amount of needless, pointless and just plain ole stupid speculation.

Let's be real . . . NECA posted on their websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram EXACTLY what the two per household limit meant SEVERAL TIMES. It's plain ole BS to sit here and try and argue your point when it was clear what NECA rules are. No amount of wanting the rules to be altered or trying to convince yourself that what you think is better than what NECA did will change it. And if you didn't reach out to NECA directly for further clarification shame on you...
The confusion was that NECA was selling two sets (regular and diorama) and the wording on the site, IIRC, stated two items per household. Some people interpreted the two sets to be two separate items. Hence, the cancellations.

As I stated above, I have no skin in the game, but just from the way the policy was worded on the site (barring the other media), I could see how it could be confusing. Also, as I mentioned above, I also agree that ordering more than two sets total is too much.

As far as "harsh"...Hey, I'm not gobbling up that many sets, but I could see how it would suck for someone who bought three to have a whole order cancelled, even though I totally agree with NECA. Being able to see things from multiple points of view and to empathize is a benefit towards functioning as a human being, not a limitation.

No need to get so wound up and emotional...conversation here had been pretty calm/civil, and will hopefully continue that way.

Last edited by predaking000; 06-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote