The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #441
HotJuicyBurgers
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He's vanished from social media.
I'm gonna guess that is a no then huh.
__________________
A small blog that a friend of mine and I started reviewing some games of all genre's. Stop by if you have a second.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:55 PM   #442
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,495
Must be working on our pieces
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #443
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 524
Damn, I was really hoping to see if someone got theirs. Still waiting on mine.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #444
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,621
I may regret posting this, but anyone still waiting is being taken for a ride.

I sympathize with his hardships, but there's no way he hasn't spent a damn good chunk of time goofing off, surfing the web, drawing, or watching television in the last eight years. Everyone does. A little bit of that time could and should have been used to get these pieces out, without him losing his sanity due to a lack of recreational time. You're being taken advantage of. Bottom line.

I know it's none of my business. I didn't order a piece. If you're happy waiting, then good for you. It's just, passing this thread for years and years, then seeing him goof off on social media...it becomes hard not to build up a little frustration from afar. I'd get my money back and give it to Lawson, personally. I'll try and come off as less of a grump in my next post.

Last edited by AquaParade; 04-26-2018 at 01:18 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #445
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I may regret posting this, but anyone still waiting is being taken for a ride.

I sympathize with his hardships, but there's no way he hasn't spent a damn good chunk of time goofing off, surfing the web, drawing, or watching television in the last eight years. Everyone does. A little bit of that time could and should have been used to get these pieces out, without him losing his sanity due to a lack of recreational time. You're being taken advantage of. Bottom line.

I know it's none of my business. I didn't order a piece. If you're happy waiting, then good for you. It's just, passing this thread for years and years, then seeing him goof off on social media...it becomes hard not to build up a little frustration from afar. I'd get my money back and give it to Lawson, personally. I'll try and come off as less of a grump in my next post.
I feel like the buyers are going to be waiting...

Spoiler:
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #446
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,060
To be fair, Farley has offered on a couple of occasions to refund anyone who doesn't want to continue waiting.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:04 PM   #447
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,153
LOL, checked the first page and saw this thread was posted in 2012. I feel sorry for anyone waiting 6+ years for a commission, that's just ridiculous.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:02 PM   #448
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To be fair, Farley has offered on a couple of occasions to refund anyone who doesn't want to continue waiting.
Yeah, I suppose it's worth noting.

But you don't make these deals and then go "well, who knOOoows when I'm going to finish, but I guess you can have your money back if you want? Do you want?" Like...just give them their money back or get your ass on the job. That's my belief. Hope I don't come off as a bully.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:45 PM   #449
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah, I suppose it's worth noting.

But you don't make these deals and then go "well, who knOOoows when I'm going to finish, but I guess you can have your money back if you want? Do you want?" Like...just give them their money back or get your ass on the job. That's my belief. Hope I don't come off as a bully.
I feel ya, but let me clarify why I'm waiting (BTW, please read this in a friendly tone, I'm always afraid of e-mails and texts being read in a way that seems mean, when I'm not trying to be). Every time I've messaged him, he's replied back with a basic idea of what's going on in his life, and his other art that he's working on. I tell him that I can wait since I've been working on art projects for years too, and don't want to rush them. I want him to work on the art when he's into it and wants to make my pieces. I don't want him rushing something out that looks 1/2 assed.

The other main reason I'm waiting is because is he (along with 2 other artists) will complete my commision collection. He's one of my favorite TMNT artist's. When I saw his art as I kid I literally thought the TMNT were real.

I hope this helps you understand my patience. I'm sure you'll hear similar stories from the other people waiting too.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #450
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
I feel ya, but let me clarify why I'm waiting (BTW, please read this in a friendly tone, I'm always afraid of e-mails and texts being read in a way that seems mean, when I'm not trying to be). Every time I've messaged him, he's replied back with a basic idea of what's going on in his life, and his other art that he's working on. I tell him that I can wait since I've been working on art projects for years too, and don't want to rush them. I want him to work on the art when he's into it and wants to make my pieces. I don't want him rushing something out that looks 1/2 assed.

The other main reason I'm waiting is because is he (along with 2 other artists) will complete my commision collection. He's one of my favorite TMNT artist's. When I saw his art as I kid I literally thought the TMNT were real.

I hope this helps you understand my patience. I'm sure you'll hear similar stories from the other people waiting too.
Definitely. I can understand your patience. His turtles look fantastic. I'd love a commission from him, in fact. I think you've been very kind with him. I'm really just commenting on how he handles it from a business perspective. I think at the least, he should be giving a discount.

I'm sure the piece will turn out great.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:50 PM   #451
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Definitely. I can understand your patience. His turtles look fantastic. I'd love a commission from him, in fact. I think you've been very kind with him. I'm really just commenting on how he handles it from a business perspective. I think at the least, he should be giving a discount.

I'm sure the piece will turn out great.
I'm hoping, I'm hoping
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.