The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #81
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,547
Does anyone have any opinions on whether it's worth getting the boxed Turtle Van set if you already own the single season sets?
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #82
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,450
Well, there have been many complaints that the van does not keep the discs too safe. They're just in foam slits, easily scratched because of that. So as far as durability is concerned, meh. If you really like the look of the thing, and wanna have back ups of the discs, I guess it's worth your time. But I can't see any reasons otherwise.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #83
GodzFire
Hench Mutant
 
GodzFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sewers
Posts: 290
Lionsgate doesn't give a crap about the TMNT franchise anymore. They put out their half-assed releases with subpar VHS quality picture which took almost a decade to complete and paltry extras (fullscreen and 2.0 mono as extras? Please!), and then said, 'meh, good enough, LAWL forget about fixing the 3 episodes' when they did the Van release.

I look forward to the day the rights expire from them and someone deserving like Shout can pick it up.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #84
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,649
Oh, be happy you got a dvd release.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:09 AM   #85
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,547
Hmmm. Thanks Powder - I think, based on that, I'll just stick with what I've got for now.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #86
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,831
I want it, but seriously can't justify the expense at the moment. Hopefully, one day.

I mean, I have all the individual sets, I'm just one'a those nitwits who has a lot of stuff laying around to show off. Like The Sword of Omens. I'unno what I'm ever gonna do with it, but I have it.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:26 AM   #87
pingclang
Stone Warrior
 
pingclang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well, there have been many complaints that the van does not keep the discs too safe. They're just in foam slits, easily scratched because of that. So as far as durability is concerned, meh. If you really like the look of the thing, and wanna have back ups of the discs, I guess it's worth your time. But I can't see any reasons otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Hmmm. Thanks Powder - I think, based on that, I'll just stick with what I've got for now.
I don`t think its that bad. As long as you`re careful when putting the discs in their slot. They`re actually very secure once in place. At least in mine.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #88
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
I don`t think its that bad. As long as you`re careful when putting the discs in their slot. They`re actually very secure once in place. At least in mine.
I'd also suggest minding the way you put the lid back on too. The outer edges of the lid could come in contact with the underside of the discs and scratch if you're not careful enough. I remember almost doing that.

The one thing I liked about the set is how it came with a booklet that gives and episode-to-disc breakdown.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #89
pingclang
Stone Warrior
 
pingclang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I'd also suggest minding the way you put the lid back on too. The outer edges of the lid could come in contact with the underside of the discs and scratch if you're not careful enough. I remember almost doing that.

The one thing I liked about the set is how it came with a booklet that gives and episode-to-disc breakdown.
Good point but yeah, just be careful. I'm cautious with discs and their boxes anyway so as long as you're careful it'll be fine. I still say the set is worth having.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #90
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
Good point but yeah, just be careful. I'm cautious with discs and their boxes anyway so as long as you're careful it'll be fine. I still say the set is worth having.
I take care of my things too, but **** happens. Lord knows that **** happens especially to me.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #91
pingclang
Stone Warrior
 
pingclang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I take care of my things too, but **** happens. Lord knows that **** happens especially to me.
Trust me, I understand. I`m careful but still human. Dropping and breaking stuff happens.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #92
rickwj324
Stone Warrior
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 961
My set arrived today from Lionsgate!! I am SOOOO excited to get this thing finally!! Thanks OP for letting us know about it.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #93
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,228
My DVD Box set has arrived today.

__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #94
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Well, it looks like the voting since I compared to the list I provided a couple years back has resulted in a few changes:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40022

You'll notice that Shredderville, Slash the Evil Turtle From Dimension X, and The Missing Map have been replaced by Planet of the Turtleoids (are we getting both parts?), My Brother, the Bad Guy (was #11 when I posted), and Turtles and the Hare (was #12 when I posted). Two of them IMO are decent replacements, though I find that Turtles and the Hare, while an episode with two distinct plots, can't measure up with the first Slash episode. That said, being a random compilation, is for fans who just don't care about having a complete season/series/set in order who just want to casually get some nostalgia. Expect this to lose its value like a sports video game.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #95
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Well, it looks like the voting since I compared to the list I provided a couple years back has resulted in a few changes:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40022

You'll notice that Shredderville, Slash the Evil Turtle From Dimension X, and The Missing Map have been replaced by Planet of the Turtleoids (are we getting both parts?), My Brother, the Bad Guy (was #11 when I posted), and Turtles and the Hare (was #12 when I posted). Two of them IMO are decent replacements, though I find that Turtles and the Hare, while an episode with two distinct plots, can't measure up with the first Slash episode. That said, being a random compilation, is for fans who just don't care about having a complete season/series/set in order who just want to casually get some nostalgia. Expect this to lose its value like a sports video game.
Interesting, Raphael Meets His Match not on the list? I think that episode is popular enough, With being the only one with Mona Lisa in it.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #96
PizzaPower1985
Thug
 
PizzaPower1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: In the Sewers
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
JUST RELEASE the full 2003 cartoon in a set, please? This is really getting ridiculous. OK, well, it was already ridiculous, but now it's even more so.
I'd buy the shell out of that LOL!
__________________
“The Foot Clan is very resourceful… and has knowledge of a great many skills. Some from the time of legends and myth... Some from the time of logic and science. Together all things are possible.” – Oroku Saki, Mirage Vol.1 #21, Return to New York Part III
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #97
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
For those of you who have received the re-release of the Van Box Set:

Is Planet of the Turtleoids included? Also, are there are any other episodes that were left out?
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #98
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
For those of you who have received the re-release of the Van Box Set:

Is Planet of the Turtleoids included? Also, are there are any other episodes that were left out?
Yes, all the episodes are included
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #99
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Yes, all the episodes are included
In that case, I think it's worth getting, especially since it's a complete series that includes those lost episodes. I have most of the seasons on DVD already, but owning this just gives you the whole deal in one cool box set. I may get some kind of circular plastic cases to protect the DVD's though. Has anyone else here tried that? If so, would they still fit in the case?
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #100
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
In that case, I think it's worth getting, especially since it's a complete series that includes those lost episodes. I have most of the seasons on DVD already, but owning this just gives you the whole deal in one cool box set. I may get some kind of circular plastic cases to protect the DVD's though. Has anyone else here tried that? If so, would they still fit in the case?
The "lost episodes" were also included on the season 10 DVD ad bonus episodes.
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.