The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 02:11 PM   #2241
Coola Yagami
Emperor

People just don't understand that the turtles are darker and kill. It's as if all the Batman cartoons, movies, and game appearances were all based on Adam West version and nothing else. Always and forever, just camp.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #2242
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
People just don't understand that the turtles are darker and kill. It's as if all the Batman cartoons, movies, and game appearances were all based on Adam West version and nothing else. Always and forever, just camp.
Yep.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #2243
neatoman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Doesn't Batman not kill though?
That's a complicated question. The short answer: Usually no, DC typically has a policy against depicting Batman as a killer.

The long answer answer is that, while said policy is usually adhered to and mercy is often argued in favor of, it allows loopholes and is sometimes violated. The most famous example of a loophole is Ra's Al Ghul's death in Batman Begins, where Batman technically doesn't kill him, he just refuses to save him. I can't remember where, but there is also an issue where he intends to starve a man by locking him inside a room. I believe there are also instances in which he killed people by accident. He also attempted to kill Darkseid and may or may not have been considred successful before he came back, which would nullify the murder anyway. Then there's straight up murders like in the Burton movies, it's kind of hard to deny that he kills people there. Then there's of course the brief time before the policy was implemented, in which there was no ambiguity. But in the end, 9 times out of ten he picks mercy.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #2244
Sumac
Mad Scientist

I didn't had high hopes for TMNT'12, so I was pleasantly surprised with its 1st season.
But with each next season I was more and more disappointed and I had abandoned series after 3rd season.

As of now, I don't have any hopes for the new series, as in, I don't think I will like it. I have zero negativity towards people who will like it and obviously I won't hold it against kids.

The thing is TMNT'12 and Bay-Turtles confirmed my fears, regarding direction in which Viacom want to take the franchise - as in to make it something similar to OT. And it certainly not direction, I'd like to see.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM   #2245
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

and the reason why I don't want to see that direction anymore, is because no one really gets 100% what made the original series flow in the first place. they all want to put their unique spin on it and that ruins the magic.
Vegita-San is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #2246
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The Turtles have killed in the various tv incarnations. Much of the time it’s off screen or just sort of hinted at but never explicitly stated or focused on.

Most of the time, the Turtles don’t go out of their way to kill a villain. They also won’t go out of the way to save them if they are in dire straights either. More like defeat them and then leave them to suffer from their own Karma.

But occasionally there are villains that are just too dangerous to live such as the Shredder. So that leaves them with no other choice but to take them out in anyway possible.

Given that these are Ninja however the TMNT do need a chance to step away from the family friendly route. The two recent movies were PG 13 which is the most adult level that TMNT films have ever gone, but there is still things they could add in or do to make the franchise a full on R. Kinda of like having all the violence and a fraction of the crass humor from Dead Pool humor and none of the 4th wall jokes.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #2247
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
The two recent movies were PG 13 which is the most adult level that TMNT films have ever gone.

Jokes aside though, I find that sad because the PD films are very juvenile despite the sex jokes and stuff. Tmnt 1990 may have not had a PG-13 rating, but it was easily more adult.
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-15-2018 at 03:56 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #2248
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The Turtles have killed in the various tv incarnations.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #2249
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What else would you call Michelangelo pulling the pin on a grenade that is on the bandelear of a Triceraton, and then causually walking away while there as an explosion behind him?

And also the times the turtles in the OT have been in situations where they have had some property damage such as several cars getting wrecked. Just because we don’t see any humans inside the damaged cars doesn’t completely mean they were unoccupied.

Even the 2012 there are people and characters you just have to throw your hands in the air and say “Well, he’s dead” such as Donnie breaking the neck of that one random goon in Heart of Darkness.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #2250
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
The Turtles have killed in the various tv incarnations. Much of the time it’s off screen or just sort of hinted at but never explicitly stated or focused on.
The only tv show the turtles have killed people is the 2012 show, the only ones that comes to mind is Shredder, and some samurai soldiers in the Usagi arc.

They didn't kill anyone on and off screen in the 80s toon and the next mutation. I'm not sure about the 2003 show apart from when they killed Shredder but he turned out to be a Utrom.

Quote:
The two recent movies were PG 13 which is the most adult level that TMNT films have ever gone.
The 2016 movie could have easily been PG but due to a couple of swear words in it, it had to be PG13. The original 1990 movie was more darker than the 2 recent movies and that was only PG.

Vicky82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:31 PM   #2251
CyberCubed
Overlord

There were quite a few on-screen and implied deaths of characters in 2k3. Some random Foot/Triceratons, but a few main villains as well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #2252
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't forget this one... Played off like it's to be funny, but that was a pretty blunt fully on screen killing of a living thing (albeit a horrible monster), with a tongue made to look partly human, rather than the usual "killing" a robot or deaths that are largely just implied. That one kind of surprised me.

IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:41 PM   #2253
Danetello
Stone Warrior

What about the fact that Michelangelo ATE Pizzaface - and he was a human (originally). Gruesome central, right there.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #2254
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
The two recent movies were PG 13 which is the most adult level that TMNT films have ever gone, but there is still things they could add in or do to make the franchise a full on R.
Don't be ridiculous. Nothing about those garbage films was "adult level". The freaking 1990 film was more adult compared to them.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #2255
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Nothing about those garbage films was "adult level". The freaking 1990 film was more adult compared to them.
Though the 90’s film was only a PG rating. So while PG 13 is “No children under the age of 13 without adult” which makes it rather ironic that the much darker 90’s film was just a parental guidance rating which the recent TMNT films were just barely scratching the grounds for PG 13.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:32 PM   #2256
CyberCubed
Overlord

The 1990 movie was "The Dark Knight" compared to the Platinum Dunes movies
Old 01-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #2257
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

2k3 was the BTAS of TMNT.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #2258
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
What about the fact that Michelangelo ATE Pizzaface - and he was a human (originally). Gruesome central, right there.
Hmm... 2012 looks all cute 'n stuff, but deep down it's pretty messed up. lol No other Turtles should screw with them if any additional cross overs.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #2259
CyberCubed
Overlord

The Nick show had plenty of violence and suggestive themes/jokes, even sexual ones. I doubt the new one will at all.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #2260
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hmm... 2012 looks all cute 'n stuff, but deep down it's pretty messed up. lol No other Turtles should screw with them if any additional cross overs.
As OT Krang did say this version of the Turtles is “actually” dangerous. It’s too bad the 2012 didn’t meet their 2k3 counter parts, I could see 2k12 Donnie spazzing out about 2k3 Donnie’s lab...particularly the “Back to the Sewers” version. Since those float screens and things are the lab he’s always dreamed about.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters