The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #41
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,521
It'd never happen, but it would be a dream come true for me (it's my fav iteration of TMNT).
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:17 AM   #42
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,511
1:4 scale Tokka and Rahzar.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #43
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
So the Image comics announcement has me dreaming...What if the Neca exclusive is an Image figure box set? Unlikely but still possible. It sure would be a fun looking set.
What announcement?
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #44
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
1:4 scale Tokka and Rahzar.
Doubtful I think. They would never be able to ruse those moulds. Not even for other character lines.

Casey shares moulds from foot/shreddder, and April could share moulds from Catwoman 1/4 scale...so thats always a possibility I suppose.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #45
Spidergreg
Stone Warrior
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
So the Image comics announcement has me dreaming...What if the Neca exclusive is an Image figure box set? Unlikely but still possible. It sure would be a fun looking set.
What is an "Image" ?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:33 AM   #46
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
What is an "Image" ?
Image is a comic book company. They had the TMNT comic back in 1996 to 1999, volume 3
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #47
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It'd never happen, but it would be a dream come true for me (it's my fav iteration of TMNT).
REALLY?! I thought you were a Barron guy. I need to revisit the Image run. Get my Savage Dragon on.

Still holding out hope that this hoopla is for a 1:1 scale Shredder helmet. There's a 3D fan cast floating around. NECA has a habit of taking readily available grey market items, getting the license, and selling as official (1:1 Slimer, Casey Jones mask). The research/reference is already there for the 1/4 Shredder figure, and they've already produced two full scale TMNT pieces.

There's not much hope for an original, complete TMNT 1 Shredder helmet to surface. I would be tickled pink for a nice, accurate replica.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #48
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,521
The comics & first film sorta tie for me, but one's got a lot more content than the other so it takes the lead, ya know?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:16 PM   #49
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,093
I'll give it a read!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:22 AM   #50
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Doubtful I think. They would never be able to ruse those moulds. Not even for other character lines.

Casey shares moulds from foot/shreddder, and April could share moulds from Catwoman 1/4 scale...so thats always a possibility I suppose.
They could if they did them in pink also (scenese from the club) or did cartoon or video game versions of them. Tokka and Rahzar are extremely popular. Do not underestimate them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:40 AM   #51
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,521
They wouldn't do variants like that in the 1/4 scale.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:27 AM   #52
RaphaelinSTL
Stone Warrior
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
They could if they did them in pink also (scenese from the club) or did cartoon or video game versions of them. Tokka and Rahzar are extremely popular. Do not underestimate them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They wouldn't do variants like that in the 1/4 scale.
Exactly. While I'm certainly not opposed to having a 1/4 scale movie accurate version of Tokka and Rahzar in my collection, they certainly wouldn't make them in any non-film accurate version in that scale.

Besides, it sounds like Randy doesn't even really have an interest in Tokka and Rahzar to begin with.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:55 AM   #53
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,511
I would think Tokka in particular would interest him. Oh well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #54
inaheap
Hench Mutant
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 448
I just don't see Tokaa and Rhazarr fitting the bill for game changers. At least not in 1/4 scale. I mean Tokka could probably even reuse some turtle parts.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #55
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,589
This has such an aura of overhype. I feel like pretty much anybody that is expecting anything to actually be "game changing" or "jaw dropping" is going to be disappointed.

I want to be wrong, though.
__________________
LOOKING FOR Japanese TMNT video game manuals (specifically TMNT2/3 NES, all on Game Boy, TMNT4/RoS), or just scans

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:03 AM   #56
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,426
Iím hoping for mind blowing. But Iíll be fine with game changing.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:28 AM   #57
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,536
jawdropping = 1:1 scale Henson Turtle figure
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:51 AM   #58
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,521
That's entirely possible, knowing them, but doubtful for SDCC.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:26 AM   #59
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I just don't see Tokaa and Rhazarr fitting the bill for game changers. At least not in 1/4 scale. I mean Tokka could probably even reuse some turtle parts.
The upper arms and legs could be scaled up.

If he has no interest in sculpting them that is a disappointment. Their Gremlins stuff looks solo good.

Shredder helmet is probably removable on the 1:4 scale figure or at least sculpted separately from the head and then glued on, which would mean it could be scaled up via computer and the same sculpt used for the 1:1 helmet which I am thinking is a given. They will probably scale down the 1:1 Casey mask and make it removable on his figure. The bats have already been sculpted too, so a lot of the leg work is already done. My guess is that Casey has been in the works for some time now and they've kept it COMPLETELY under wraps. The baby turtle stuff was done being sculpted long ago, Trenchcoat Raph only came with new accessories, and the Mutate canister was just scaled up from the smaller version. Surely something has been going on during all that time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #60
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
The upper arms and legs could be scaled up.

If he has no interest in sculpting them that is a disappointment. Their Gremlins stuff looks solo good.

Shredder helmet is probably removable on the 1:4 scale figure or at least sculpted separately from the head and then glued on, which would mean it could be scaled up via computer and the same sculpt used for the 1:1 helmet which I am thinking is a given. They will probably scale down the 1:1 Casey mask and make it removable on his figure. The bats have already been sculpted too, so a lot of the leg work is already done. My guess is that Casey has been in the works for some time now and they've kept it COMPLETELY under wraps. The baby turtle stuff was done being sculpted long ago, Trenchcoat Raph only came with new accessories, and the Mutate canister was just scaled up from the smaller version. Surely something has been going on during all that time.
Im not really sure where you get the idea that scaling up a figure is easy to do. They still require tooling for moulds and incur costs the same as a completely different part or figure.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.