The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 01:18 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The thought of being trapped in a burning building has never sat well with me. Or other fire-related situations.
Oh, that's good. The thought of being in any kind of situation like the World Trade Center is pretty mortifying... like, trapped on the 35th floor of something, when the 20th-25th is nothing but a raging fire? Jesus.

Also, Alzheimer's. The idea of slowly losing your mind and old, fading memories becoming blurred with reality as you slowly die, and not even realizing it... truly nightmarish.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #22
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Lots of things...

Heights, dogs, needles, spiders, snakes and any sort of dangerous animal really.

I also have this really big fear of going blind for some reason.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Lots of things...

Heights, dogs, needles, spiders, snakes and any sort of dangerous animal really.

I also have this really big fear of going blind for some reason.
Well, that fear is not completely unfounded. Diabetes can make you go blind, for example. So in case that condition runs in your family or if you're in risk in diabetes atm, that's a valid concern. Bein blind sounds scary, indeed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:28 PM   #24
DWC
Banned
 
DWC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well, that fear is not completely unfounded. Diabetes can make you go blind, for example. So in case that condition runs in your family or if you're in risk in diabetes atm, that's a valid concern. Bein blind sounds scary, indeed.
Yeah my mum and grandad are diabetic, so it's a worry. I will just have to take care of myself as best I can.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, that's good. The thought of being in any kind of situation like the World Trade Center is pretty mortifying... like, trapped on the 35th floor of something, when the 20th-25th is nothing but a raging fire? Jesus.

Also, Alzheimer's. The idea of slowly losing your mind and old, fading memories becoming blurred with reality as you slowly die, and not even realizing it... truly nightmarish.
This is why I hope I'll never have to work in a very tall building. Most buildings are not that tall in my country, so it's no worry. But really, how does one properly evacuate a skyscraper when there's a big fire? You're not supposed to use the elevators in case of a fire, so that means if you're in the 56th floor you gotta climb the stairs all the way down.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #26
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,275
Eh, being blind isn't all that bad. Mr. Duckie has lost about 70% of his vision from diabetes, but he hasn't really been bothered by it. He still does most of the same things he ever did, like "watching" tv or movies (mostly listening and watching what little he can still see.) I am also veey nearly "blind", being so badly nearsighted that without my glasses I can see only blurred shapes. Would I love to have full vision back? Sure. But I'm so used to not seeing well that it barely seems a problem. He is the same way- he's learned to adapt and find ways to work around it.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:15 AM   #27
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,724
1 Spiders

2 ghosts/demons

I know pretty cliche and cookie cutter.
__________________
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #28
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, Alzheimer's. The idea of slowly losing your mind and old, fading memories becoming blurred with reality as you slowly die, and not even realizing it... truly nightmarish.
But as you already said, people with dementia aren't aware of it themselves. It's worse for their families and friends. It must be worse to have AIDS or incurable cancer, and be full aware of it.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.