The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
So... what do you think the Turtles did between seasons 8 and 9 of the FW series?

You know, in Turtle Trek the Turtles apparently defeat Shredder and Krang for good by destroying The Technodrome in the process. Then season 9 comes out and Dregg replaces S&K as the main villain. But clearly some time passed between Turtle Trek and The Unknown Ninja. In season 10, Landor and Merrick told the Turtles from the past(season 8 ) that they'd meet Carter in about 2 years. So, therefore, it seems obvious to me that between Turtle Trek and The Unknown Ninja two years have passed.

As we can see at the beginning of the episode the Turtles are watching a video of them fighting a bunch of ninjas on a rooftop. Which is odd considering by that point ninjas were barely a thing in the show anymore. They looked rather similar to Megavolt's ninjas iirc?

I guess the Turtles were basically fighting random bad guys, none of them too major. Also, I assume that's the time period where they met Chronos? But I guess nothing really noteworthy happened in those 2 years. The fact Shredder and Krang don't get even a single mention during the entire run of season 9(except in the theme song...) makes me feel the Turtles genuinely believed both to be defeated for good. And the fact tehy just allow a teenager they just met into their group sorta says the Turtles had relaxed and felt safer than ever at the time.

But maybe some of you can think of interesting and cool thing the Turtles might have done between "defeating" Shredder and Krang and meeting Carter? Thoughts?

PS: Also, I know I always mention this when I talk about Carter, but him knowing about Hamato Yoshi and bringing that up so late in the series was odd and hard to swallow. Not to mention the show was becoming quite scifi heavy by then, so it definitely didn't feel like NINJA Turtles anymore.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:30 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,360
Probably the same as usual. Watching old VHS tapes in the lair or April on the news, chilling in the lair with Don with his inventions, or Mike making pizza...and then as said occasionally stopping crime or a mad scientist or whatever.

As we know even with Shredder/Krang not around the Turtles always got into trouble with random criminals, mad scientists, or the occasional mutant so they were probably busy regardless.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:33 AM   #3
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Probably the same as usual. Watching old VHS tapes in the lair or April on the news, chilling in the lair with Don with his inventions, or Mike making pizza...and then as said occasionally stopping crime or a mad scientist or whatever.

As we know even with Shredder/Krang not around the Turtles always got into trouble with random criminals, mad scientists, or the occasional mutant so they were probably busy regardless.
Funny enough, they only seem to face Shredder and co. up until season 3 when they finally meet the Rat King, Leatherhead and a bunch of mobsters... though Shredder was in the Maltese Hamster episode. It was in season 4 when they really started to meet more mad scientist and the like.

Also, I wonder if they fought a lot of bad guys before meeting April? Were human Rocksteady/Bebop and their gang the first bad guys the Turtles beat up? Food for thought.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:31 AM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,045
A lot of ninja training I'm sure, which contributed towards Splinters declaring them his equals in the final episode.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:04 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Also, I wonder if they fought a lot of bad guys before meeting April? Were human Rocksteady/Bebop and their gang the first bad guys the Turtles beat up? Food for thought.
I'm not a fan of the turtles going topside for first time when a new series and their adventures with April begin. I like the idea of the turtles as young children fighting minor street criminals (like the Archie flashback).

But I'm not a fan of Casey Jones (or anyone else of the turtles' friends and allies) meeting the turtles as a child in the 4 Kids series. He should have been replaced with some unknown boy, later never seen.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #6
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Probably the same as usual. Watching old VHS tapes in the lair or April on the news, chilling in the lair with Don with his inventions, or Mike making pizza...and then as said occasionally stopping crime or a mad scientist or whatever.
I forgot this... the Turtle no longer enjoyed/ate pizza in the RS seasons, so Mike definitely wasn't making it anymore.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I forgot this... the Turtle no longer enjoyed/ate pizza in the RS seasons, so Mike definitely wasn't making it anymore.
Probably just no longer seen eating pizza.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #8
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Probably just no longer seen eating pizza.
RS wanted to send a message that the Turtles were now more serious. Serious people don't eat pizza or go skateboarding/surfing, it seems.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,045
Replacing pizza with popcorn in the series last moment was the biggest troll moment ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #10
sdp
<<Virtual Death Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 7,028
I never noticed they didn't eat Pizza in the red sky seasons. Do they acknowledge it? If not then it's easy to miss.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I never noticed they didn't eat Pizza in the red sky seasons. Do they acknowledge it? If not then it's easy to miss.
Pretty sure there's not a single mention or instance of the Turtles eating pizza during any of the Red Sky episodes.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #12
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I never noticed they didn't eat Pizza in the red sky seasons. Do they acknowledge it? If not then it's easy to miss.
There's one moment when one of the turtles says:

"You need to lay off the Pepperoni!"

But other than that, nadda.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,112
I never really noticed that.... did they ever show them eating... well, anything? I know the Red Sky eps had the turtles rush out to stop Dregg more often than not and not really show a lot of down time. I mean, I know the normal seasons would still have time for regular sewer hijinx, or Channel 6 comedy, before the episode would begin proper, but I don't remember a lot of that in Red Sky (especially since Channel 6 was gone).
__________________
https://markepicblogofrandomness.blo...i-finals.html/
Who will make it to the finals of the Mae Young Classic at Evolution??

Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I never really noticed that.... did they ever show them eating... well, anything? I know the Red Sky eps had the turtles rush out to stop Dregg more often than not and not really show a lot of down time. I mean, I know the normal seasons would still have time for regular sewer hijinx, or Channel 6 comedy, before the episode would begin proper, but I don't remember a lot of that in Red Sky (especially since Channel 6 was gone).
That's one of the problems with the RS seasons. They focused way too much on action, forgetting the show was also a comedy. They tried to create a new identity for the show but it didn't go so well. Also, the action wasn't really that much more exciting. The fights weren't exactly ninja-like. The show became full sci-fi.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
That's one of the problems with the RS seasons. They focused way too much on action, forgetting the show was also a comedy. They tried to create a new identity for the show but it didn't go so well. Also, the action wasn't really that much more exciting. The fights weren't exactly ninja-like. The show became full sci-fi.
Yeah, they should have upped the budget some. I mean the monsters were stil goofy multi-colored messes, but the Turtles could have done some sweet martial arts moves comparable to how the 2K3 TMNT fight to really drive the point home that the show was 'serious'.

It was like they thought serious meant 'remove the pizza and everything else is good'.
__________________
https://markepicblogofrandomness.blo...i-finals.html/
Who will make it to the finals of the Mae Young Classic at Evolution??

Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, they should have upped the budget some. I mean the monsters were stil goofy multi-colored messes, but the Turtles could have done some sweet martial arts moves comparable to how the 2K3 TMNT fight to really drive the point home that the show was 'serious'.

It was like they thought serious meant 'remove the pizza and everything else is good'.
It's kinda bizarre how they went full sci-fi in those seasons, considering the season 9 premier was called THE UNKNOWN NINJA and introduced a character who somehow knew about Hamato Yoshi that late in the show and wanted to learn the Foot Clan technique.

Other than him kicking a few robotic bats he most relied on his stupid mutation. Doesn't sound very ninja-like to me...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #17
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,399
I don't think that the two years that was mentioned was necessarily the amount of time in between the final episode of season 8 and the first episode of season 9. I would assume that the time between the two seasons was a matter of a few months. What did they do during that time? Patrol, train, relax and watch tv. Pretty much the same things we saw them do up to that point when they weren't fighting Shredder.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I don't think that the two years that was mentioned was necessarily the amount of time in between the final episode of season 8 and the first episode of season 9. I would assume that the time between the two seasons was a matter of a few months. What did they do during that time? Patrol, train, relax and watch tv. Pretty much the same things we saw them do up to that point when they weren't fighting Shredder.
Huh? Landor told the Turtles form the past(from the Turtle Trek episode) that they were gonna meet Carter in about 2 years. Turtle Trek was the last episode of season 8. They met Carter in the first episode of season 9. So yeah, definitely 2 years passed between both episodes.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #19
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Huh? Landor told the Turtles form the past(from the Turtle Trek episode) that they were gonna meet Carter in about 2 years. Turtle Trek was the last episode of season 8. They met Carter in the first episode of season 9. So yeah, definitely 2 years passed between both episodes.
I don't think that's what he meant. I've always interpreted the line "2 years and 15 days" to mean that's how much time went by in between Turtle Trek and A Turtle in Time, not how much time went by in between Turtle Trek and The Unknown Ninja.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #20
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Probably the same as usual. Watching old VHS tapes in the lair or April on the news, chilling in the lair with Don with his inventions, or Mike making pizza...and then as said occasionally stopping crime or a mad scientist or whatever.

As we know even with Shredder/Krang not around the Turtles always got into trouble with random criminals, mad scientists, or the occasional mutant so they were probably busy regardless.
And Raph hanging out with Mona Lisa and all that stuff. Though we kind of saw what the 80s turtles been up to in the 2k12 series. They were still battling Shredder, Krang and Bebop and Rocksteady. So even if that show ended. Life still went on in that universe.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.