The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,621
Do you get along with your neighbours?

Neighbours... I notice a lot of people seem to have problems with one of their neighbours or eventually gets an annoying/terrible one.

I don't really have any sort of relationship with my neighbours. I know them by face but not by name. I just awkwardly greet them when I run into them and they awkwardly greet me back as well. Then again, I live in a large city, so it's not that common for people to know their neighbours as compared to people who live in smaller towns and in villages.

So I'd say it's fine. I'd take a neighbour whose name I don't even know over an annoying one who makes a ton of noise.

What about you? Does anyone have any bad neighbour stories? I'm curious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:39 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 33,940
Since I am in an apartment nobody knows each other in the building, neighbors might as well be non-existent. Nobody talks to each other in apartment buildings.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since I am in an apartment nobody knows each other in the building, neighbors might as well be non-existent. Nobody talks to each other in apartment buildings.
Yep, same here.

I sometimes think it must be nice to live in a big house, though. Your closest neighbour could live rather far from you and thus you never listen to any noise. And also being able to play music on your speakers past dinner time and not worrying of bothering anyone around you.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:29 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,279
What kind of building do you live in where no one knows each other? I'm in an apartment too, and am on first name basis with just about all of my neighbors. One of them I DO find annoying/a pain, but I get along well with all of them just the same. We've even become friends with a few of our neighbors in the past.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,894
Quite close to my neighbours. We meet every so often, and other than the whole getting to meet new people, its always nice to have backup incase something goes wrong in your house.

One is really good at repairing furniture, so I went to him after having broken my chair rather than having it repaired at a store for for a high price. All he needed was a six pack of Beer and it was all set
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
What kind of building do you live in where no one knows each other? I'm in an apartment too, and am on first name basis with just about all of my neighbors. One of them I DO find annoying/a pain, but I get along well with all of them just the same. We've even become friends with a few of our neighbors in the past.
Well I don't know if some of my neighbpurs know each other by name or not. Some probably do. I don't though.

Most of my neighbours seem to be older (middle aged). There aren't really any circumstances where I could see myself nefriending them. Also, I live in a big city. It's kind of normal for people not to know most of the prople in their area.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #7
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,279
I was mostly replying to Cubed, but I guess it applies equally to you as well. We've had neighbors of varying ages- in fact we are still friends with an older couple who lived next to us until very recently. I just don't understand the mentality of not even nodding or saying hello to your neighbors, even in a big city. Here, people say hi as they pass each other coming home or leaving, we invite neighbors over to parties (like Halloween or the Super Bowl) and we make an attempt to at least get to know each other a bit. It's just common courtesy and being neighborly. Heck, even apartment tenants in tv shows at least know who their neighbors are, even if they might not all be good friends or whatever. That's normal. Never lived anywhere that it WASN'T the case, in fact.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I was mostly replying to Cubed, but I guess it applies equally to you as well. We've had neighbors of varying ages- in fact we are still friends with an older couple who lived next to us until very recently. I just don't understand the mentality of not even nodding or saying hello to your neighbors, even in a big city. Here, people say hi as they pass each other coming home or leaving, we invite neighbors over to parties (like Halloween or the Super Bowl) and we make an attempt to at least get to know each other a bit. It's just common courtesy and being neighborly. Heck, even apartment tenants in tv shows at least know who their neighbors are, even if they might not all be good friends or whatever. That's normal. Never lived anywhere that it WASN'T the case, in fact.
I greet my neighbours(the ones who live in my building) if I run into them. They do the same too. It would be impolite not to do so.

But people who live in other apartments/houses in my area? No. And I don't consider them neighbours.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 PM   #9
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,486
I have neighbors?!
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #10
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I greet my neighbours(the ones who live in my building) if I run into them. They do the same too. It would be impolite not to do so.

But people who live in other apartments/houses in my area? No. And I don't consider them neighbours.
Well, no, obviously not, unless you see them frequently, of course. I was referring more to others who live in close proximity, like in the same building, or the house next door, etc.....
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I have neighbors?!
I bet in Russia you can easily live 2 hours away from your closest neighbours :p
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #12
ABrown
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,347
I've got a smokin hot neighbor that ironically is always out on her balcony smoking. Do I get along with her, absolutely.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I've got a smokin hot neighbor that ironically is always out on her balcony smoking. Do I get along with her, absolutely.
How WELL do you get along with her?

Also, smoking is a turn off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #14
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Also, smoking is a turn off.
For women maybe, I've met alot of people who told me that men look cooler when smoking.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #15
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,292
I don't like smoking, no offense to the person, they can do that if they want, I just generally I don't like to be around it.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
For women maybe, I've met alot of people who told me that men look cooler when smoking.
If that woman is also a smoker than I can imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I don't like smoking, no offense to the person, they can do that if they want, I just generally I don't like to be around it.
Yep. I hate sitting next to a smoker. The indoor smoking ban law passed in 2007 was one of the best things ever done here. I hated goign to a small café/restaurant and it being filled with smokers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:18 PM   #17
DarkFell
Mad Scientist
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 1,394
It depends on the neighbors.

If they are friendly, then yes.

If they are ***holes, then no.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #18
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,665
I don't know my neighbors.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #19
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I bet in Russia you can easily live 2 hours away from your closest neighbours :p
Indeed.
Not in my case, though. I live in apartment complex (I think that's how you called that in US of A), so I do have neighbors living next door to me. In fact, I have three of them, but I am not a people's person, so I know next to nothing about them.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:31 AM   #20
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
For women maybe, I've met alot of people who told me that men look cooler when smoking.
And you believe them?
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.