The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: The Forgotten Swordsman
Ray's Occult Bookshop - Ghostbusters reference 7 21.21%
Team Shiniangelo 6 18.18%
Amazing fight scenes in this episode 11 33.33%
That's it, just dump Casey and Shini in the ambulance bay 7 21.21%
Mikey's videogame - The Thing reference 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2017, 06:18 AM   #61
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I think basing sexuality by the way people dress really isn't an indicator of anything. I believe it's more how they interact with people either of the same sex or opposite sex that would indicate their orientation. And I still don't see either of them being lesbians in this cartoon as of now.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:50 PM   #62
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I think basing sexuality by the way people dress really isn't an indicator of anything. I believe it's more how they interact with people either of the same sex or opposite sex that would indicate their orientation. And I still don't see either of them being lesbians in this cartoon as of now.
Yeah, same here. I still don't see it.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #63
ToTheNines
[sic]

Y'all have weak gaydar if you've never called someone at first glance.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:59 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's called, "male gaze lesbianism." I guess only men can pick up on cues like this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:06 PM   #65
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's called, "male gaze lesbianism." I guess only men can pick up on cues like this.
I normally find you to be socially retarded in every respect, but it is interesting that this debate is a hard line "boys vs. girls".
Old 03-30-2017, 08:16 PM   #66
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

There is no sexual innuendos happening between the two. Their subtle facial expression and gestures is nothing more than symbols of affection. Am I supposed to believe that my father is a pedophile if he places my arm on my shoulder? I'm certain males have placed their arms around another as signs of friendship rather than a symbol of homosexuality.

Leo and Karai relationship is something that breaches the realms of sexuality (if I did really have to choose) rather than Karai's and Shirigami's (spelling?). Leo and Karai have literally held hands even when Karai was most vulnerable and smiled each other with infatuation, Karai tenderly said "Thank you" to Leo even when she admitted that she wasn't good at thanking others, and continued to do so again after Leo defeated the Shredder. They've had their quarrels and instances of distrust between them, but none of what Karai and Shirigami shared amounts to the cues we were given between Leo and Karai.

Karai and Shirigami seem more intimate like sisters rather than passionate. I don't recall Karai and Shirigami holding hands, I don't recall Karai opening herself up to Shirigami even when she was most vulnerable, and I don't recall Karai thanking Shirigami even once. If she did, it wasn't said meekly like Karai's was to Leo. She's opened herself up to Leo countless times yet has not done so to Shirigami even once. Some of you are honestly looking into it too much.

I'm well aware of the stark relationship between Korra and Asami that did happen and you guys are eager to see it again after Nickelodeon allowed it, but some of you are honestly looking too deeply into this. Ironically I am to, but I was impelled to because this is a delicate subject perpetuated by many for the sake of seeing a lesbian relationship again. I'm not against it, but I just don't see it happening here.

Last edited by MCLeo28; 03-30-2017 at 09:53 PM.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #67
Powder
So tired of this place

I agree. People, as usual, are reaching.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #68
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I agree. People, as usual, are reaching.
Hopefully this decade is settled by the end of this season. As much as Karai was featured working with the team in the first 4 eposodes, I'm hoping she sticks around.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 PM   #69
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Leo and Karai relationship is something that breaches the realms of sexuality (if I did really have to choose) rather than Karai's and Shirigami's (spelling?). Leo and Karai have literally held hands even when Karai was most vulnerable and smiled each other with infatuation, Karai tenderly said "Thank you" to Leo even when she admitted that she wasn't good at thanking others, and continued to do so again after Leo defeated the Shredder. They've had their quarrels and instances of distrust between them, but none of what Karai and Shirigami shared amounts to the cues we were given between Leo and Karai.

Karai and Shirigami seem more intimate like sisters rather than passionate. I don't recall Karai and Shirigami holding hands, I don't recall Karai opening herself up to Shirigami even when she was most vulnerable, and I don't recall Karai thanking Shirigami even once. If she did, it wasn't said meekly like Karai's was to Leo. She's opened herself up to Leo countless times yet has not done so to Shirigami even once. Some of you are honestly looking into it too much.

I'm well aware of the stark relationship between Korra and Asami that did happen and you guys are eager to see it again after Nickelodeon allowed it, but some of you are honestly looking too deeply into this. Ironically I am to, but I was impelled to because this is a delicate subject perpetuated by many for the sake of seeing a lesbian relationship again. I'm not against it, but I just don't see it happening here.
Is it really fair to compare Shinigami(a character that has less than 10 episodes in appearance) to Leonardo, also its less of a relationship thing and more of a one sided crush(at least in my view).

Maybe I'm reaching but in this picture, Shini wants to be more than just friends.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:35 AM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, that's definitely a lesbian look. Ciro and Brandon Auman truly know exactly what the fans want.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:11 PM   #71
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i thoroughly enjoyed it. loved seeing karai fight. and with what demodragon did to tatsu all i can think of is mortal kombats shang tsung.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #72
Powder
So tired of this place

Can't wait to peep his role in the show.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:55 PM   #73
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Lol I caught that one too! And the "swallow your soul" Evil Dead one later.

Seriously though- so if Shini (who IS a witch) dresses as a witch (and happens to be "sexy") that makes her a lesbian??!! By that logic any girl who dressed that way is a lesbian/into chicks/bi and that just isn't the case. Especially when the girl in question happens to BE y'know, a WITCH. (And yes I'm including myself in this leap of logic since I also happen to be one and yes I DO dress "witchy" on occasion. And am "sexy" according to my other half.)

This is what we call faulty logic, folks.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #74
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Is it really fair to compare Shinigami(a character that has less than 10 episodes in appearance) to Leonardo, also its less of a relationship thing and more of a one sided crush(at least in my view).

Maybe I'm reaching but in this picture, Shini wants to be more than just friends.

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/897...oc8ksc_640.gif
No, I've highlighted details that suggests that it wasn't a one-sided crush.

I would claim it is fair because while Shinigami seemingly faces that constraint, it can also be said that Leo is disadvantaged since Karai has known Shinigami for many many years.

If anything, I would say that it is because of her limited show-time that the writers have incorporated these intimate gestures to indicate how powerful their friendship is since there would be meager time to flesh out their friendship like the writers did with Leo and Karai.

Either way, while those facial gestures denote a powerful relationship, they don't compare with some of the other relationships that we've seen including Leo & Karai and even Donnie & April (surprisingly).
Old 04-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #75
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

What exactly happened to Mikeys face? It was all bandaged up at the end of the episode
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #76
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsicornYT View Post
What exactly happened to Mikeys face? It was all bandaged up at the end of the episode
He was kicked in the face pretty badly after Tatsu had grabbed both Mikey's and Shinigami's chains and reeled them in. Mikey was fortunate enough to have remained conscious whereas Shinigami was in critical condition where she had to be rushed to the hospital immediately. It was a rather brutal beating, but you do raise a good point that the injury should've been more apparent.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:14 PM   #77
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Quote:
He was kicked in the face pretty badly after Tatsu had grabbed both Mikey's and Shinigami's chains and reeled them in. Mikey was fortunate enough to have remained conscious whereas Shinigami was in critical condition where she had to be rushed to the hospital immediately. It was a rather brutal beating, but you do raise a good point that the injury should've been more apparent.
Ahh okay thank you, I wasn't sure we he got hit in the head during the fight.

One more thing, I don't think it was very clear about Leo's new swords either. I remember he broke his old ones on Kavaxas but now is he just using the swords from Owari? Or did I miss a scene of them re-introducing them?

Last edited by MarsicornYT; 04-04-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #78
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Ahh okay thank you, I wasn't sure we he got hit in the head during the fight.

One more thing, I don't think it was very clear about Leo's new swords either. I remember he broke his old ones on Kavaxas but now is he just using the swords from Owari? Or did I miss a scene of them re-introducing them?
Honestly, I don't know. I believe it was shown that Donnie had many bow staffs in Season 1, so I'd imagine the same might apply to Leo as well. The blades he used against Shredder must've been for a special occasion.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:52 AM   #79
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know. I believe it was shown that Donnie had many bow staffs in Season 1, so I'd imagine the same might apply to Leo as well. The blades he used against Shredder must've been for a special occasion.
Ah yeah, thanks! So we don't really know for sure if they're the same swords he used against shredder or not.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #80
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Ah yeah, thanks! So we don't really know for sure if they're the same swords he used against shredder or not.
Well, I won't say that my opinions are objective, concrete facts because they are not. I'm just drawing inferences based on things that were shown. Not concrete, but I believe they're rational conclusions.

Tags
episode discussion