The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #81
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
That- actually makes sense. I am kind if curious who this Toad Baron is, as I have to wait until IDW puts out the trades of their TMNT books. So I'm a bit behind on the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just a heads up, Toad Baron will be in volume 2 of TMNT Universe. No release date yet though.
Toad Baron is in the May and June issues or the regular series, and issues 9 and 10 of Universe.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #82
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Toad Baron is in the May and June issues or the regular series, and issues 9 and 10 of Universe.
I really can't wait to see what Toad Baron's deal is.

Until we find out, in my mind I'm imagining something like Hedonismbot
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:16 PM   #83
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Dude, me too
Old 04-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #84
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I really can't wait to see what Toad Baron's deal is.

Until we find out, in my mind I'm imagining something like Hedonismbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Dude, me too
Same.

"Shall we adjourn to the dungeon?"

Or, for IDW...

"Shall we adjourn to the buffet?"
Old 04-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #85
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I'm also getting a strong "Mad Hatter" type vibe, except with waaay more hookah. And alcohol instead of tea.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:34 PM   #86
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He's kind of got a mix in there for me.

A "Imagine if HedonismBot was also the Mad Hatter".

And of course, with a dash of this, as I've said before

Won't stop me from trying to recreate this either

Of all the characters I want to throw memes at, it's Toad Baron???
Honestly, I think I'm going to like him 10000x more than Kitsune or the Rat King, simply because the very concept is a lot more fun.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #87
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I think that my wish is granted. Unlike Nick the trusted IDW brand will likely utilize them effectively. I hope mthst my faith isn't a tall order as...
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=54235&page=88
Old 04-24-2017, 01:17 PM   #88
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I think that my wish is granted. Unlike Nick the trusted IDW brand will likely utilize them effectively. I hope mthst my faith isn't a tall order as...
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=54235&page=88
That seems to imply, at least based on my interpretation, that we will be seeing the "Punk Frogs" utilized as minions for Toad Baron. Color me surprised and pleased.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #89
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I hope mthst my faith isn't a tall order as...
What?

Old 04-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #90
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
What?

I was introducing the link to site my source. Te Power That Be denied that The Punk Frogs were involved with The Toad Baron. At least in the way it was worded. I was wondering if they could be trained by Karai in Japan to help her take power from Splinter if the case arises that she feels she needs to. She already created Bebop and Rocksteady,but if she picked more competent individuals and trained them herself as a counter to the Turtles it could work. That story is coming up as well.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #91
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I liked the Punk Frogs just fine in terms of how they portrayed in the 80s series, though I think they would've benefitted with more appearances like the Neutrinos.

I like the irony in a rude and dangerous sounding group like the Punk Frogs all being really soft spoken and gentle, contrary to what Shredder wanted.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #92
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I haven't seen much Nick TMNT as of late, so, I missed out on the Punk Frog episodes. However, I do know that the Punk Frogs did not appear in many OT episodes,

The desire for the Frogs to have individual personalities, has come up. Aside of that (and personality can be a wonderful thing), I would actually like to see them make use of and fight within the water / marshes. I bet that the Frogs would probably win within their own habitat, and a swampy lagoon (for a mutated frog) makes a GREAT ambush spot.

Also, frogs in real life will actually wrassle with each other (even though most of that is for the possession of available mates.) So yeah, more froggy wrassles with the enemies please.

Some frienemy conflicts between The Punk Frogs and Turtles might also help to further 'flesh out' the Frog's personalities.

Last edited by DarkFell; 04-24-2017 at 09:15 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:24 AM   #93
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

It'd probably be best to limit them to one-off characters, used only on one occasion then forgotten about until some other iteration. They aren't exactly characters a lot of people remember fondly (besides those who had the toys) and since they never got much personality they wouldn't really add much to a story. But who knows, maybe IDW will find a way to reintroduce them and find some use for them in whatever story they have planned out for the future. If anybody could do it, they could.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #94
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I like the irony in a rude and dangerous sounding group like the Punk Frogs all being really soft spoken and gentle, contrary to what Shredder wanted.
That's true. Shredder wanted warriors but got a bunch of fairly peaceful frogs instead.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:59 PM   #95
neatoman
Emperor

Pretty sure Shredder just wanted raw mutagen, it seemed to me like the stupid frogs were just an accident he tried salvage. When life gives you lemons and all that, though I guess here it would be "If Mutagen gives you frogs, tonight you'll dine on frog legs".
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #96
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I liked the Punk Frogs just fine in terms of how they portrayed in the 80s series, though I think they would've benefitted with more appearances like the Neutrinos.

I think the frogs could've been bad guys throughout season 2, and then turn good by season 3.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #97
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Pretty sure Shredder just wanted raw mutagen, it seemed to me like the stupid frogs were just an accident he tried salvage. When life gives you lemons and all that, though I guess here it would be "If Mutagen gives you frogs, tonight you'll dine on frog legs".
Just checked. The canister leaked so Shredder as you say wanted to salvage the situation however he was still training them to be warriors. As I said before he didn't have a choice of what animal to mutate and was stuck with mutated peaceful frogs.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 01:04 PM   #98
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
See, here's the thing I don't get; the four original frogs make for a more interesting set of evil anti-turtle counterparts; raised and trained by an evil master, carrying the names of three conquerors and an unsavory individual, who use martial arts to combat the turtles. And yet, the OT treated them like doofuses, and other incarnations mostly ignored them. They could be what the dark turtles were, and more interesting; it's not four clones of the original guys, but four 'this is what you could've been if Shredder raised you instead of splinter' enemies for the TMNT to fight.

Yet everybody hates them because they came from the OT and acted dumb there and nobody can see the potential.
Hmmm… sounds good, but to this end I suggest then he raised by Old Hob as opposed to Shredder, so Hob could be a more direct Splinter parallel, and to give him an Avenue to open himself up to others. Shredder raising them would be fine but overlaps with Miwa a bit. I could see Old Hob taking them in from Baxter as a mid-credits scene in order to set up a future installment with them as a major threat. Hob would also provide a bit more justification for the medieval European weapons, though I could still see Shredder liking those sorts of weapons.

Also, Napoleon’s gotta have his spikes.

Last edited by miru; 10-19-2023 at 03:00 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
punk frogs