The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2018, 03:39 AM   #401
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
God, no. Improv is terrible.

I think they've been having a little too much "fun" already. Time to get back to actually telling stories the audience wants. and quit jacking each other off for how "clever" they are.
At this point, they just threw **** at the wall and see what sticks.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #402
The Deadman
Foot Elite
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,558
New Details About Kylo Ren's Appearance In STAR WARS EPISODE IX Have Been Revealed - SPOILERS

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...oilers-a165061
__________________

Last Movie Watched: Ju-on: White Ghost (2009).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E27).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic & The Secret Rings (Wii).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #403
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,420
So... the theme going forward is, each movie is going to undo a bunch of stuff from the last movie?

Jesus, I give up.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:17 PM   #404
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,663
At least this will force JJ to do something with all of the mysteries he threw up in the air for others to answer after his VII... even if he has to kind of trample over VIII. But f*** VIII, it's not repairable at this point.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #405
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,420
That stupid fan-theory/wishful thinking about this one opening on Luke, with Rey holding out the lightsaber, and it turns out that all of "The Last Jedi" was just some horror vision of Luke's about a possible future, and none if it actually happened, would actually be the Very Best-Case Scenario. I'd support that wholeheartedly.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:37 PM   #406
IMJ
Foot Soldier
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
At least this will force JJ to do something with all of the mysteries he threw up in the air for others to answer after his VII... even if he has to kind of trample over VIII. But f*** VIII, it's not repairable at this point.
I feel the same way. Episode 8 as a rare example where I was actually angered by a movie. This has happened only twice in my life. Iron Man 3 & The Last Jedi.

I usually just let movies be sources of entertainment - even spoilers don't typically detract from them for me. But those two movies.... insulting in every way.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #407
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
New Details About Kylo Ren's Appearance In STAR WARS EPISODE IX Have Been Revealed - SPOILERS

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...oilers-a165061
So basically:

JJ: I'm gonna give him a cool mask
Rian: That's stupid, **** the mask, it makes him look like a cosplayer. I'm make him wreck it.
JJ: **** you! It's cool, I'm bringing back!
Everyone: So he gets a new mask?
JJ: No, it's the same mask glued back together!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:05 PM   #408
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So basically:

JJ: I'm gonna give him a cool mask
Rian: That's stupid, **** the mask, it makes him look like a cosplayer. I'm make him wreck it.
JJ: **** you! It's cool, I'm bringing back!
Everyone: So he gets a new mask?
JJ: No, it's the same mask glued back together!
Too many cooks in the same kitchen...
And none of them is really competent to undertake such task as creating trilogy in one of the biggest franchises ever.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #409
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,420
I must say, though, I'm loving the passive-aggressive back-and-forth between two directors, working on the same trilogy of films, who clearly hate each others' movies and ideas.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #410
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I must say, though, I'm loving the passive-aggressive back-and-forth between two directors, working on the same trilogy of films, who clearly hate each others' movies and ideas.
'Tis a thing of beauty to behold
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #411
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,420
When JJ Abrams is the lesser of two evils, you know you dun' goofed.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #412
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
When JJ Abrams is the lesser of two evils, you know you dun' goofed.
Oh lord, that is PAINFUL to read. Day-ahm!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #413
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,420
You should read his rough sketch of ideas for the Superman movie, circa 2003 or so.

I know you hated Eisenberg. BUT. What if he was... Lex Luthor, Secret Kryptonian Sleeper Agent Who ALSO Runs The X-Files???!!!

Oh, and Krypton never blew up. So after Superman gets done doing Flying Bullet-Time Karate With Alien "LeX-Files" Luthor, he has to go back there and stop a civil war by fulfilling some Chosen One prophecy in the sequel.

See, people think Abrams just has bad ideas about Star Wars and Star Trek. The truth is he's FULL of bad ideas, about everything! Makes me wonder how the first Cloverfield ended up being anything. I kinda like that one, but I find the rest of his portfolio to be quite spotty.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #414
sdp
<<Virtual X-Mas Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 7,056
TLJ isn't as bad as TFA, I can find more rescueable parts from TLJ. Kylo Ren being one of them, I liked him for the most part in TLJ but not in TFA, I did like the helmet so I hope the rumor is true. Maybe the knights of ren can be something cool? Maybe they can give some interesting backstory on the big bad they killed in TLJ (so one note that I forgot his name).
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #415
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You should read his rough sketch of ideas for the Superman movie, circa 2003 or so.

I know you hated Eisenberg. BUT. What if he was... Lex Luthor, Secret Kryptonian Sleeper Agent Who ALSO Runs The X-Files???!!!

Oh, and Krypton never blew up. So after Superman gets done doing Flying Bullet-Time Karate With Alien "LeX-Files" Luthor, he has to go back there and stop a civil war by fulfilling some Chosen One prophecy in the sequel.

See, people think Abrams just has bad ideas about Star Wars and Star Trek. The truth is he's FULL of bad ideas, about everything! Makes me wonder how the first Cloverfield ended up being anything. I kinda like that one, but I find the rest of his portfolio to be quite spotty.
Lucky for you my coworker snatched the scissors away from me before I could end the pain. Now I have to live with this horrible knowledge you've cursed me with. Thanks, boss.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #416
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
See, people think Abrams just has bad ideas about Star Wars and Star Trek. The truth is he's FULL of bad ideas, about everything! Makes me wonder how the first Cloverfield ended up being anything.
Probably because he had no part in directing or writing it whatsoever.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:02 PM   #417
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Lucky for you my coworker snatched the scissors away from me before I could end the pain. Now I have to live with this horrible knowledge you've cursed me with. Thanks, boss.
We've ALL gotta live with it, son.

One of the few times Rampant Nerd Rage actually made any difference. WB was all-in on that stuff, but the internet exploded and they had to take it back.

I've never been excited for an Abrams movie since then, knowing what I do of how his mind works.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:13 PM   #418
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
We've ALL gotta live with it, son.

One of the few times Rampant Nerd Rage actually made any difference. WB was all-in on that stuff, but the internet exploded and they had to take it back.

I've never been excited for an Abrams movie since then, knowing what I do of how his mind works.
When everyone heard JJ Abrams was gonna do Star Wars, I tried to warn them. "He done fvcked up Star Trek, boyo. Don't getcha hopes up." And here we are! He's the lesser of two evils!? What a world we live in.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #419
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
That stupid fan-theory/wishful thinking about this one opening on Luke, with Rey holding out the lightsaber, and it turns out that all of "The Last Jedi" was just some horror vision of Luke's about a possible future, and none if it actually happened, would actually be the Very Best-Case Scenario.
Nah, the Very Best-Case Scenario would be if they got rid of the Disney continuity completely.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:06 PM   #420
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,663
I'd settle for a public apology, then some fairly surgical reshoots of TLJ and then a release of the "real" TLJ.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a day inside snake, abrams rides again, cyber-dick, snake vs lucasfilm, snoke the cuck, social justice wars, star cucks, unsatisfying trilogy, vegita-san hates women, vegita-san vs sjw's

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.