The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Riddle of the Ancient Aeons
Leo hugging Raph, now we need Donnie to hug Raph next. 12 19.05%
Fugitoid murdering a Triceraton 17 26.98%
Donnie and Casey having a gap tooth arguement 5 7.94%
"Don’t make me smack you! You see this? This is my smacking hand! 27 42.86%
Yikes!!! Raph could of killed Mikey 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #61
picassotheninjaturtle
Thug

No, I'm pretty sure it was Zanramon.
picassotheninjaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #62
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah...yes. Good and evil have completely separated and absolutely no blurring between them. My favorite.

Darn it Bishop, you screwed up the planet.

We should be in for a ride with that closing line and sepia shot, though. April's gonna do the thing.

It was still a good episode though. Still enjoying how soaking in The Doctor that the Fugitoid is in. "Oh dear. This planet is more messed up than it was the last time I was here in the TARDIS"
Old 01-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #63
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Fun, but nothing to write home about. The Aeons blew my mind, though. What a cool ass species. I hope we see them again.
Their true form or their corrupted form? I liked both, but I really hope to see that twisted flying demon again... even if it might be someone else who has to be corrupted.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #64
aliena
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I'm crossing my fingers that Raphs chipped plastron will get mentioned in the next episode.

Yeah it is the first time.

Yeah this is also the first time the Turtles have said "I love you"
oops, Raph told the guys he loved them in the Bay movie, so it is the second time that one of them said "I love you", but it was the first time Raph said what he did to Leo. I consider that character development in a big way, especially for Raph.
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #65
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Their true form or their corrupted form? I liked both, but I really hope to see that twisted flying demon again... even if it might be someone else who has to be corrupted.
The true one! I love seeing more "traditional" looking extra terrestrials who are all about ascension & stuff.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #66
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by picassotheninjaturtle View Post
No, I'm pretty sure it was Zanramon.
Just watched it again, the exact quote was:

"By the luck of the great Zanmorann".

Weirdly close to Zanramon for just a throw away line. I dunno.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #67
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The true one! I love seeing more "traditional" looking extra terrestrials who are all about ascension & stuff.
Yeah, they were might cool looking. For some reason, their true forms remind me of the character Mark Hamill is supposed to play later this season.

View my sketch work!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #68
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
oops, Raph told the guys he loved them in the Bay movie, so it is the second time that one of them said "I love you", but it was the first time Raph said what he did to Leo. I consider that character development in a big way, especially for Raph.
Not to mention in Showdown during the group hug, Mikey says "Oh man! I love you, Bros!" And during Wormquake when they are being pushed towards the furnace, he says "This is it! I love you guys!..."
Old 01-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #69
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Okay, just watched this episode. I really really liked it. My favorite moment....Fugitoid threatening to smack everyone. That scene alone is worth the entire series.

That aside, I like how snippy everyone was getting, making it pretty obvious that the planet itself was to cause. I guess the main one I liked, though, was Mikey. I like how he was speaking his mind and stuff and also like the fact that they point out that Mikey is gullible, not stupid as Casey has that title and I personally don't mind that. I'm glad they're having April controlling her powers now as well as training them. She started with Splinter and then Donnie sorta and now Fugitoid is helping.

Now, the ending of this episode....I sense we're getting a Dark April episode and if so, bring it on. Should be interesting if they go that route.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #70
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Not to mention in Showdown during the group hug, Mikey says "Oh man! I love you, Bros!" And during Wormquake when they are being pushed towards the furnace, he says "This is it! I love you guys!..."
Also in Rise of the Turtles Raph did say "I love you, man" to Spike
Old 01-11-2016, 04:18 AM   #71
cookie jar
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeah, they were might cool looking. For some reason, their true forms remind me of the character Mark Hamill is supposed to play later this season.
Actually his character is coming to season 5, not season 4. https://www.instagram.com/p/_Z7fv7oB...=brandon_auman
cookie jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #72
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Okay, just watched this episode. I really really liked it. My favorite moment....Fugitoid threatening to smack everyone. That scene alone is worth the entire series.
"This is my smacking hand!"

Truly, another gold moment to add to Tennant's list. Apart from unintentionally quoting the Circle of Life.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #73
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie jar View Post
Actually his character is coming to season 5, not season 4. https://www.instagram.com/p/_Z7fv7oB...=brandon_auman
Thanks for the reminder! The future looks bright (or should I say "dark") for the Nick TMNT toon!

View my sketch work!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #74
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It was an okay episode. The Aeons' true designs were really cool though and it did remind me of when April changed to a winged demon in BttS. I did think Leo hugging Raph before his brother goes off on him did catch me off guard. Definitely caught Raph off guard.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #75
JH24
Hench Mutant

Good episode with some nice moments. Like Leo hugging Raph and Casey's/Donnie's gaptooth argument.

Only thing that bothered me was Casey. Do the writers know what they want to do with him? Not only does it feel that his character is "just there" (aside from some nice moves during fights) but he seems to become dumber with every episode and it's irritating. Especially because I like Casey as a character.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #76
evan2000
Stone Warrior

This cracked me up

AWKWARD!!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #77
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Great episode, love the whole power corrupts no matter who you are.

I agree, Casey has been the weakest link writing wise for a while now. It's like he was original not supposed to be in the story arc but was forced in.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #78
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Ah...yes. Good and evil have completely separated and absolutely no blurring between them. My favorite.
My favourite movies are like that actually such as Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I'll forever be naive and idealistic. Probably why I'll be forever alone. I'm in love with the idea of old fashioned heroes that don't exist. .

I loved this episode. I've actually really liked all of season 4 so far. I liked a chance to hear what the characters think and feel in the darker parts of their minds like Raph, Leo and even Mikey that they never say out loud. As for them not dealing with what was said at the end, I'd probably do the same in that position. Just act like it was never said and never confront it. It's probably not the best way to deal with things but I prefer to brush things aside and not make a big deal out of it. I'd apologise but I wouldn't bring up what someone said.

I also liked exploring a new world and a chance to see the triceratons again. I must have been the only person who didn't expect it to be revealed that the Aeons were the evil creatures .

The end with April is definitely foreshadowing and if it wasn't, that scene will always seem strange. It would be an interesting twist if they can pull it off.

As usual, Casey was there with lots to add .
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #79
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

the way this episode went i was reminded of the 80's movie the dark crystal.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #80
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yes!!!!!! Mikey didn't press the button.
I liked this too. I actually don't mind it happening accidentally, but not in the way Casey did. That was definitely a season 1 Mikey move Casey pulled.

Speaking of Casey...he's a strange one. I think he's the ADHD one since he seems to always need action or to keep busy. Maybe it's because he's been cooped up on a ship for so long.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, nick