The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Inside out...TMNT style
Little Mikey was so adorable *Squee* 23 38.33%
I knew Mikey had a wild imagination...but this is beyond ridiculous 9 15.00%
Tiger Claw working with the Mutanimals...Possible foreshadowing? 9 15.00%
Can we get back to the plot now? 19 31.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #21
cookie jar
Hench Mutant

It was kind of meh. Little Mikey was cute though.
cookie jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #22
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

It was an okay episode. It could have done without the burp jokes, but since immature humor has been ramped up in the show for the past couple seasons, I wasn't surprised.
Had a couple funny moments, such as "alien racism". Seeing Mikey's memories and imagination was fun. Little Mikey was pretty cute. Seeing some old characters and even old cartoons they watched in Mikey's imagination was fun.
I feel like this episode didn't dumb down Mikey. They presented his angry side, his childish side, his lazy side, his annoying side, his weird side, and everything else, and it made all of them serve a purpose to the turtles on their adventure.
Overall, 6.5/10.
I think I've only liked one episode this season enough to rate it past a 7, and that's the Moons of Thalos 3.
I have to admit the writing and humor has noticeably gone downhill.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #23
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 View Post
It was an okay episode. It could have done without the burp jokes, but since immature humor has been ramped up in the show for the past couple seasons, I wasn't surprised.
Had a couple funny moments, such as "alien racism". Seeing Mikey's memories and imagination was fun. Little Mikey was pretty cute. Seeing some old characters and even old cartoons they watched in Mikey's imagination was fun.
I feel like this episode didn't dumb down Mikey. They presented his angry side, his childish side, his lazy side, his annoying side, his weird side, and everything else, and it made all of them serve a purpose to the turtles on their adventure.
Overall, 6.5/10.
I think I've only liked one episode this season enough to rate it past a 7, and that's the Moons of Thalos 3.
I have to admit the writing and humor has noticeably gone downhill.
The bad breath jokes were a reference to Belly Bombs bad breath ability in the Archie Comics.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:05 AM   #24
Vicky82
Emperor

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/1...ys-mind-review

IGN review up it scored 7.7

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Interesting, the Cons were that it was filler to them.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:12 AM   #26
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
The bad breath jokes were a reference to Belly Bombs bad breath ability in the Archie Comics.
That doesn't make them funny.

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #27
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 View Post
That doesn't make them funny.
I saw them more of references to a characters abilities rather than jokes, I thought it was a nice call back.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #28
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Good episode but hated the Neutrino redesign.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:36 AM   #29
Vicky82
Emperor

I did not expect Mikey's angry side to be really big, I thought it was going to be small. I also thought his annoying side was going to be bigger than that.

I loved the Twin peaks reference when his wacky side was talking in backwards and also they were in the room with red cutains which is also part of the reference.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #30
The Happy One
Hench Mutant

Eh, pretty cool. The animation was neat in Mikey’s imagination and lil' Mikey was pretty cute but, y’know, overall it was what I expected it to be- a funny, adorable little filler before things get serious.
The Happy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #31
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy One View Post
Eh, pretty cool. The animation was neat in Mikey’s imagination and lil' Mikey was pretty cute but, y’know, overall it was what I expected it to be- a funny, adorable little filler before things get serious.
Yeah it was just a break from the serious episodes and they had to keep the little kids happy.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #32
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Well....that episode was certainly a sugar rush on acid.

I like the idea of going into people's psyche. While overdone, it is one of my favorite tropes. Which is why I'm hoping we use it again when/if we get the "Dark April" saga or whichever character goes to the dark-side thanks to that crystal fragment. Just because April had the closing shot in that episode, doesn't necessarily mean SHE'LL go bad, but it is likely, I suppose.

Ok, while the rap was painful and the Yellow Submarine/Alice in Wonderland world was a bit trippy, it was cute to see a little Mikey. I know Greg Cipes is good at kid voices, but I really wanted to hear an actual KID voice a Turtle Tot. I still have audio nightmares of that episode from the 2k3 show where they were all facing that demon to save Splinter. Their voices were just...ugh.

Sorry, tangent.

OK, it's nice to see that Mikey DOES take things seriously when need be and he hates being used, despite being so distracted and innocent. I guess we all have our "happy place" we retreat to when real life gets a bit too much. Take me for example. I'm 32, work in retail, and have to deal with adult issues like bills, reducing clutter and stress from my life, and whatnot. Whenever I get a moment, I'll just go to my room and just daydream for stuff, normally geeky stuff. This world was just how Mikey copes with everything.

I really would've loved to have seen Splinter in one of the flashbacks, especially when Mikey was a kid. That'd have been both cute and tragic. Like Splinter telling him a bedtime story or comforting him from having a nightmare.

Other than that, the episode was harmless and did give us some character development for Mikey. I just hope we don't keep using Mikey for throwaway jokes. And I would LOVE to see what the other characters' psyches are like.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:13 AM   #33
miru
Mad Scientist

... Bellybomb? NINJARA CONFIRMED.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #34
Mew
Banned

My favorite episode of the series. It was fantastic.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #35
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
... Bellybomb? NINJARA CONFIRMED.
I don't see how Belly Bomb confirms anything.

And on a different note I just want the fillery episodes of the space arc to be over, they seem to rely to much on nostalgia and not on really good story telling.The episodes aren't god awful, and seeing some of the characters again is cool but these episodes aren't as impressive as the episodes from previous seasons.Hopefully the next few episodes will be better and we'll have the same thing we had with last season were the first few episodes weren't that good but the rest were great.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #36
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Was anyone disappointed with the Nick versions of the Neutrinos? they looked like Cylons.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:45 AM   #37
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Was anyone disappointed with the Nick versions of the Neutrinos? they looked like Cylons.
Neutrinos aren't exactly the most interesting character so I didn't really care what they fid with them, I liked what IDW did but I wouldn't want Nick to copy them.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:52 AM   #38
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Neutrinos aren't exactly the most interesting character so I didn't really care what they fid with them, I liked what IDW did but I wouldn't want Nick to copy them.
I admit, I was sort of expecting a rebel group fighting the Kraang and Triceratons and have them be the Neutrinos, but making them microscopic warriors does match their name a bit more. We might still get a Zac, Kala, and....whatever the third one was called in this series; they just won't be Neutrinos.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #39
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I really disliked that episode. It was a good opportunity for them to reuse a bunch of character models and sets though.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #40
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Uh oh, Lord Dregg is getting intrigued by generator fragments. That's going to make the main mission more difficult.

I always like the episodes that bring back familiar faces as cameos.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
episode discussion, nick