The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-23-2015, 05:40 AM   #41
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

It wasn't very logical...I bet they just wanted to fit them in the show one last time since they were well-liked characters.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #42
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I thought the series was fantastic. I like how Walt became more conniving and twisted, but Jesse in turn became a better person. Albeit horribly traumatized and heartbroken, but still morally better.
Did anyone like Skylar? like man nobody likes that character.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Did anyone else but me have any idea there are like 11 "minisodes" that came out for the show in 2009 and 2010? I had no idea.

They're all on Youtube. Just search "breaking bad minisode" and you'll see them.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #44
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Did anyone else but me have any idea there are like 11 "minisodes" that came out for the show in 2009 and 2010? I had no idea.

They're all on Youtube. Just search "breaking bad minisode" and you'll see them.
News to me. What are they about?
Old 11-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
News to me. What are they about?
Little bits and pieces here and there. A lot of Saul stuff, and it begins with Hank and his wife messing around. Also Hank and Badger breaking in somewhere, probably between episodes.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:32 AM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Dumb thought about the future of Breaking Bad. I can't help but notice that while Lydia did die (and this was confirmed in "El Camino") we really get nothing about Madrigal itself being brought down, and they were the big dogs behind Gus and everybody.

Could there be something else about this? Walt, alive, in protective custody helping facilitate that?
Old 12-16-2019, 08:34 AM   #47
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Little bits and pieces here and there. A lot of Saul stuff, and it begins with Hank and his wife messing around. Also Hank and Badger breaking in somewhere, probably between episodes.
Watched them. Love the Better Call Saul commercials best, I can never get enough Saul Goodman.

Quote:
Dumb thought about the future of Breaking Bad. I can't help but notice that while Lydia did die (and this was confirmed in "El Camino") we really get nothing about Madrigal itself being brought down, and they were the big dogs behind Gus and everybody.

Could there be something else about this? Walt, alive, in protective custody helping facilitate that?
There could be... but Walt is too independent to just roll over and become a snitch or double agent. Jesse did that, but only because he wanted to burn Walt to the ground. Walt already got his revenge on everyone... Lydia, Todd and Jack and family, Gus, Mike, Gretchen and Elliott...

Who is even left for Walt to hate? No, it makes more sense that he went out on a bloody laboratory floor, surrounded by his equipment... Heisenberg to the last.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:16 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
There could be... but Walt is too independent to just roll over and become a snitch or double agent. Jesse did that, but only because he wanted to burn Walt to the ground. Walt already got his revenge on everyone... Lydia, Todd and Jack and family, Gus, Mike, Gretchen and Elliott...

Who is even left for Walt to hate?
Maybe Gretchen and Elliott don't pay up, come Walt Jr.'s birthday. But I'm thinking something that gets away from Walt "hating" people out of existence.

Think, like... "Silence of the Lambs," with Walt instead of Lecter. Less of a lead role and more of a "presence that looms over the whole show" kind of capacity for Cranston. Like, FBI agents looking for his help to bring down Madrigal and/or other meth kingpins, visiting him in his cell. So there's kind of a quid pro quo thing, but Walt manages to subtly manipulate FBI agents into his will, maybe even bringing them to his side and Heisenberging his own escape at some point.

Quote:
No, it makes more sense that he went out on a bloody laboratory floor, surrounded by his equipment
None of that was ever his equipment.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #49
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Maybe Gretchen and Elliott don't pay up, come Walt Jr.'s birthday. But I'm thinking something that gets away from Walt "hating" people out of existence.

Think, like... "Silence of the Lambs," with Walt instead of Lecter. Less of a lead role and more of a "presence that looms over the whole show" kind of capacity for Cranston. Like, FBI agents looking for his help to bring down Madrigal and/or other meth kingpins, visiting him in his cell. So there's kind of a quid pro quo thing, but Walt manages to subtly manipulate FBI agents into his will, maybe even bringing them to his side and Heisenberging his own escape at some point.

None of that was ever his equipment.
Fair point on the "his"... not literally his, but what he made his true life's love, y'know? But points for accuracy, not HIS equipment.

I don't see Heisenberg as Lecter, but again, if the creative team decided to do it, I trust them to make me like it.

BIGGER question is... what happens to Saul/Jimmy at the end of Better Call Saul? The vacuum cleaner guy sure made it sound ominous for our favorite lawyer when he referenced him in El Camino...
Old 12-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Fair point on the "his"... not literally his, but what he made his true life's love, y'know? But points for accuracy, not HIS equipment.

I don't see Heisenberg as Lecter, but again, if the creative team decided to do it, I trust them to make me like it.

BIGGER question is... what happens to Saul/Jimmy at the end of Better Call Saul? The vacuum cleaner guy sure made it sound ominous for our favorite lawyer when he referenced him in El Camino...
You haven't been watching Better Call Saul? Saul is "Gene" now and at the beginning of each season we check in with him (post-Breaking Bad) for a few minutes in B&W. Presumably the final season's check-in with Gene will bringing things full circle. I suspect there will be a surprise with his girlfriend... that she was with him and behind the scenes during the whole Breaking Bad show.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #51
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You haven't been watching Better Call Saul? Saul is "Gene" now and at the beginning of each season we check in with him (post-Breaking Bad) for a few minutes in B&W. Presumably the final season's check-in with Gene will bringing things full circle. I suspect there will be a surprise with his girlfriend... that she was with him and behind the scenes during the whole Breaking Bad show.
Oh I have definitely been watching. Waiting for Season 4 to drop on Netflix... RIP Chuck
Old 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's a good point about the Disappearer's words. And come to think of it... all this time I've been treating the seasonly prologues with Gene as taking place after the end of the show, but the last time we saw Saul was before the time lapse at the cabin (of like a year, or whatever it was), right? So these glimpses at Gene could be during that time, not after, and maybe the Disappearer in El Camino DOES know some new information about how Gene ended up because it would've already happened.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #53
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
That's a good point about the Disappearer's words. And come to think of it... all this time I've been treating the seasonly prologues with Gene as taking place after the end of the show, but the last time we saw Saul was before the time lapse at the cabin (of like a year, or whatever it was), right? So these glimpses at Gene could be during that time, not after, and maybe the Disappearer in El Camino DOES know some new information about how Gene ended up because it would've already happened.
That's definitely how I interpreted it.

Maybe Nacho finally catches up to Saul.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:21 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
That's definitely how I interpreted it.

Maybe Nacho finally catches up to Saul.
I just find it hard to believe they want to end the show on a dour note like that. Maybe it'll end like the Sopranos... like, "Is he 5 seconds away from getting shot, or is he just paranoid?"
Old 12-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I just find it hard to believe they want to end the show on a dour note like that. Maybe it'll end like the Sopranos... like, "Is he 5 seconds away from getting shot, or is he just paranoid?"
I'd love to be wrong. I want Gene to have a happy ending. He deserves one just as much as Jesse. Or Huell.

Maybe he finally gets back with Kim Wexler? Or turns state's evidence against Walt? And Mike? With Kim representing him?
Old 12-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Maybe he finally gets back with Kim Wexler?
My fingers are crossed that she never really left.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A new short, "Snow Globe":

Old 02-16-2020, 09:53 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just don't know how he got so fat. I swear I burst out laughing the first time I saw him in the Camino movie. They didn't even try to hide his weight.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:06 PM   #59
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just don't know how he got so fat.
Poor diet and lack of exercise. It's not ****ing rocket science.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Maybe for The Irishman? Was that guy supposed to be fat, though?