The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 03:38 AM   #661
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

Here's a better look at the monster turtles that should be trickling into stores soonish.

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2017/09/14...igures-review/

Paint apps are surprisingly nice for Playmates.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #662
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Excited to get those. The Samurai and Monster stuff has been a nice way to wrap up the line IMO. I feel like the quality on all of these is better overall.

Is there anything left after the Monster stuff? I was thinking that was truly it for the new offerings, which makes me sad. I've still really enjoyed collecting the Nick line, warts and all.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #663
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

There's also the Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady stuff with 80's costumed B&R and trench coat toitles. (Can't remember which one/s.)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #664
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Aren't those out already though? I haven't seen them around here but I seem to remember seeing folks on Instagram already finding them at retail in other areas.

Not sure if I'll get those or not. I think the Monsters may be it for me. I just couldn't remember if anything else was incoming after the Monsters.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #665
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
Aren't those out already though? I haven't seen them around here but I seem to remember seeing folks on Instagram already finding them at retail in other areas.

Not sure if I'll get those or not. I think the Monsters may be it for me. I just couldn't remember if anything else was incoming after the Monsters.
Nope, until yesterday, all those pics were from the UK or from people in the US who had someone in the UK send them one. They had not yet been spotted in the US.

After the Monsters, if you count them, are the Ghostbusters mashup figures (the 'deluxe' line, next wave after WWE #2) coming to Target, if you count those. After that, no more to anybody's knowledge.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #666
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNinjaScyther View Post
Here's a better look at the monster turtles that should be trickling into stores soonish.

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2017/09/14...igures-review/

Paint apps are surprisingly nice for Playmates.
Those Monster Turtles do look great and might be the last great set of figures we get out of current Playmates line.

Anybody know if they feature hollow plastic feet? I've always hated that because it makes the figures almost too light to pose while holding objects.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #667
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Nope, until yesterday, all those pics were from the UK or from people in the US who had someone in the UK send them one. They had not yet been spotted in the US.

After the Monsters, if you count them, are the Ghostbusters mashup figures (the 'deluxe' line, next wave after WWE #2) coming to Target, if you count those. After that, no more to anybody's knowledge.
Ah, ok. I didn't catch that they were spotted overseas first.

I forgot about the GB Turtles. I might get those. I'm not completely sold on them but if I really like them in person, maybe.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #668
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I forgot about the GB Turtles. I might get those. I'm not completely sold on them but if I really like them in person, maybe.
Most complaints so far have been about the weird mashup heads. I plan to try and swap on some of the heads from the bigger figures we've gotten in the past, e.g. Flingers/Throw'N'Battle/etc. I'm hoping one or another will fit the joint... Not that I mind the other heads too much but it's nice to have options.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #669
mikey2007
Hench Mutant

Packaging error

Anyone else find a tiger claw crimson leader with the wrong name on it? Mine says Super Ninja Leo! I was able to finally find one and it's an error in the packaging.

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #670
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Is there anything left after the Monster stuff? I was thinking that was truly it for the new offerings, which makes me sad. I've still really enjoyed collecting the Nick line, warts and all.
I thought a HSH Usagi was being released and also another series of the blindbag figures. Not HSH blindbags but a series of the basic figures.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #671
DVD
Mad Scientist

Received two of the Samurai Warrior Horse sets today.
Pleasantly surprised with these.
Detailing on the horses is great.
Usagi looks terrific and his helmet and visor look pretty cool.
Raph is good as well, but it's going be hard to top Usagi.

Missed out on the Mikey version.

The overall look of the figures with the horses is better than the stand alone releases.

I hope the monster figures live up to these lil guys.

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #672
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I'm guessing we won't be getting the Leo and Donnie horse sets, eh? That freaking sucks....I would've loved a complete set.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #673
DVD
Mad Scientist

Yup, only the three based upon the box info.

Still worth it for Usagi as it's a pretty cool set up.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #674
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I thought a HSH Usagi was being released and also another series of the blindbag figures. Not HSH blindbags but a series of the basic figures.
You mean the blind-bagged, stylized minifigs from the proper cartoon which had been trickling out along with some based on OOTS as well?

My impression is those are over with, based on the fact that Playmates decided to drop what is likely their remaining future stock in the form of two different bundled window box battle packs that are all over Target right now. I would be highly surprised to find any more released as blind bags.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:44 AM   #675
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
You mean the blind-bagged, stylized minifigs from the proper cartoon which had been trickling out along with some based on OOTS as well?
Yeah those would be the ones. I think they did a 'movie series' a 'series 1' and a 'series 2.' I was kind of expecting a 'series 3' because I didn't recognize all the small figures at toy fair.
Quote:
My impression is those are over with, based on the fact that Playmates decided to drop what is likely their remaining future stock in the form of two different bundled window box battle packs that are all over Target right now. I would be highly surprised to find any more released as blind bags.
If you stop this video at 8:07 is that previously released HSH Leatherhead or something new? And at 5:55 is that Usagi cancelled and what about the Leo and Mikey next to Usagi?
Then at 8:21 there is a Don and Leo in the back of the middle tier I don't recognize as well as a Raph underneath on the side. Also a Don up front I don't recognize. You are probably correct that blind bags are finished.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #676
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
If you stop this video at 8:07 is that previously released HSH Leatherhead or something new? And at 5:55 is that Usagi cancelled and what about the Leo and Mikey next to Usagi?
Then at 8:21 there is a Don and Leo in the back of the middle tier I don't recognize as well as a Raph underneath on the side. Also a Don up front I don't recognize. You are probably correct that blind bags are finished.
Hmm. I don't follow HSH too close, but, I have heard a lot of speculation that it's over (for example, the safari turtle lineup did not reach completion and raph with large elephant did not get distributed too well). I think I have read here people complaining that the Usagi is likely canceled. Who knows for sure, though?

Interesting -- that Leatherhead does NOT look like the HSH to me...neither do Dogpound / Fishface on that 3-tier riser, and there's a toon April there, too. I'm not exactly sure which turtles you mean, are you talking about the translucent green ones? The battle packs include some translucent green turtles with some gold paint on them, I assumed they were the leftover "emerald" versions that were the rares in the last series. Maybe they are redecoed emeralds though. Maybe the ones you see there in the video are the legit emeralds. I never found/saw the legit emeralds. The translucent blue/purple leo/don were rares as well, I do have one of those. Those were called "diamonds".

At least 4 definitely new figures there, which I had no idea were in the pipe... Hmmm. I dunno. Perhaps a surprise final release could be in the cards. You've given me hope.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #677
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Hmm. I don't follow HSH too close, but, I have heard a lot of speculation that it's over (for example, the safari turtle lineup did not reach completion and raph with large elephant did not get distributed too well). I think I have read here people complaining that the Usagi is likely canceled. Who knows for sure, though?

Interesting -- that Leatherhead does NOT look like the HSH to me...neither do Dogpound / Fishface on that 3-tier riser, and there's a toon April there, too. I'm not exactly sure which turtles you mean, are you talking about the translucent green ones? The battle packs include some translucent green turtles with some gold paint on them, I assumed they were the leftover "emerald" versions that were the rares in the last series. Maybe they are redecoed emeralds though. Maybe the ones you see there in the video are the legit emeralds. I never found/saw the legit emeralds. The translucent blue/purple leo/don were rares as well, I do have one of those. Those were called "diamonds".

At least 4 definitely new figures there, which I had no idea were in the pipe... Hmmm. I dunno. Perhaps a surprise final release could be in the cards. You've given me hope.
Yeah I thought I heard a whisper of the HSH Usagi being cancelled. Next to him looks like Samurai HSH figures. I wouldn't really want any of the HSH stuff except maybe Usagi. But I have been collecting the blind bag figures so am most curious about them.

My eye is falling on the white/clear/translucent Leo in the row of what appears to be four Leo's in a row. Also under the Raph off to the side appears to be a white/clear/translucent Raph and then a white/clear/translucent Don up front. I'm not sure how to describe the color so I put all three terms I could think of to describe them.

I don't remember these white/clear/translucent variations from past series. The Don is front row center. On the table not the tier shelves.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #678
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

i heard the monster based turtles will be out in time for halloween. honestly this will be the last figures i'll buy until the new tmnt series comes out. i even have glow in the dark paint ready to paint over their eyes. just to give them a homage to the original universal monsters line.

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:41 AM   #679
Danetello
Stone Warrior

They've already started showing up in stores this week - I found four of the six myself yesterday.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:31 PM   #680
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

After watching Wanted: B&R, I'm suddenly WAY more interested in the 80's costume B&R figures. Think I'll try to pick 'em up when they start showing up in stores and replace their crummy recycled weapons with some spare Loyal Subjects gear that I've acquired in my search for Slash.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, playmates bashing