The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #141
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How would you compare JLA to Brave and the Bold? I haven't watched all of JLA yet, do you prefer it? I think Brave and the Bold had some better stories.
I think I probably liked Justice League Action about as much as I did Batman The Brave & The Bold. They were both really fun, easy to watch shows. If Cartoon Network would've given JLA the type of exposure that it gave Teen Titans Go, it could've easily been as popular.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:47 PM   #142
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Toon Zone is not a good measure of how popular something was, it was a forum for nerds i.e. a niche. With that said, Unlimited was heavily promoted enough that I decided to check it out. At that time the only cartoon I watched was Teen Titans since I thought cartoons were for kids but I liked the tongue in cheek aspect of TT. There were tons of constant commercials promoting Unlimited that I decided to check it out and ended up loving it and getting into cartoons again.

So JLA is done for good? A shame that kids today don't have long running superhero shows anymore, just the flavor of the month every two years. This show looked fun and I look forward to watching it one day. We really did live in a golden age of superhero cartoons during the 90s and 00s.
I remember the fifth season having to go to the old DC Comics message boards and the old tvtome now tv.com to find out new episode air dates. Fans questioned why the lack of promotion. I would love to see this revived in some way, no bat embargo and have Aquaman more official.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:46 AM   #143
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Heh, Toon Zone was the first website I actively held a long-standing grudge over due to how many roastings they gave cartoons I grew up on. I wound up contributing to the loss of their article on Wikipedia due to all the arguments we had with them over there, and I constantly rejoined the forums after a permanent ban just to further arguments along (I had so much free time back then)

Good times. Kind of glad to see it's all gone tits up for them in recent years.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:16 PM   #144
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

new episodes of JLA start in May

https://twitter.com/cosmicbooknews/s...86017313837057
Old 04-27-2018, 02:43 AM   #145
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I think these are are just them burning off the episodes that were available online.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:33 PM   #146
M.O.D.O.K.
Thug

While CN hasn't treated this show as badly as Beware the Batman, it still sucks that they killed all momentum for it.

There's even an "upcoming" episode that would've made fans of Green Lantern: The Animated Series flip, but all of these delays and bad scheduling killed any hype this show had. The YouTube shorts are more well-known to people than the proper episodes.
M.O.D.O.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #147
CyberCubed
Overlord

At this point I think WB is going to be done with Cartoon Network and just put new shows on their streaming service.

CN canceled Young Justice, Beware the Batman, Green Lantern: TAS and now Justice League action all without giving them a chance. Anything that wasn't Teen Titans Go was cast aside.

As I said before, Brave and the Bold was lucky enough it started in 2008...a decade ago CN still gave DC shows a chance and that's why it got a full run of 65 episodes. If Brave and the Bold came out any later it likely would have been canceled after 26 eps.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #148
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Everyone should watch the show just to see Hannibal Buress voicing Mr Terrific

Old 05-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #149
sdp
-

Now that the show has been over for quite a while and time to digest how it was, what was the quality of the show? I'm in a DC mood and frankly from what I've seen it looks awesome.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:11 AM   #150
CyberCubed
Overlord

I watched the whole show a year ago and it's pretty great. It's only 26 eps long (well really 52 eps since there's two 11 minute eps in each episode), and then there's about 15 or so 2 minute shorts with complete new animation as some extra funny eps, I saw those all on youtube.

I'm really surprised they canceled it because it was the perfect mix of action and comedy. I was surprised how much fight scenes there actually were, I was expecting something more along the lines of TT Go with a little more action...but no this is a full action cartoon. There's fighting in every episode but it's light hearted and fun.

Kevin Conroy voicing Batman is great and this version of Wonder Woman is much better than the JLU version.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:29 AM   #151
ABrown
Banned

@sdp, you should definitely give Justice League Action a watch. It was a very entertaining, not too serious, show that the whole family would find entertaining. It's a shame that Cartoon Network treated the show (along with the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise series) like $hit. The treatment of those two shows were the final reason I needed to stop watching CN all together.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autismawareness, conroycubed, shutupcybercubed