The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think should be done?
More talking 6 46.15%
"Fire and fury" 1 7.69%
Something else 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think Trump actually believes he can just drop an Atom bomb or two right in the middle of North Korea like we did to Japan in World War II. Except this time nobody is going to tolerate millions of innocents wiped out in the blast, not to mention the millions who would die of radiation poisioning in the following weeks.

On top of that any bombing there would fallout to South Korea since it's right next to it. They would essentially be harming one of our allies as well.
Yeah even if Trump was crazy and stupid enough to think that would be a good idea, I'm sure people who have his ear are not and will tell him to stay put.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:14 AM   #42
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Totally destroying NK doesn't necessarily mean with nukes. I'm sure the generals in charge update the president with the most current and up to date warfare techniques. We could go in with a cyber assault or EMP like in first link. Side note: video in second link shows testing of ICBM intercept test. The US has got this covered without nukes.

http://mil-embedded.com/news/raytheo...-research-lab/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.spa...g-success.html
Old 09-20-2017, 01:54 AM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Is invading North Korea even a wise idea? I mean, do they know the terrain or what kind of arsenal that country really possesses?

Also, I don't think anyone would gain much from invading NK and putting an end to that dictatorship. I don't think South Koreans, the Chinese and the Japanese are interested in taking in millions of refugees.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:45 AM   #44
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Knowing the terrain is not a problem. There was a war there previously and we have sattelites.

The main problem with an invasion is China. Which was exactly the problem in the Korean war. We can't fight China. It would be horrible.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:57 AM   #45
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Is invading North Korea even a wise idea?
No.
Because, after Kim Fatty Fat goes down the drain, you need to deal with several millions of hungry brainwashed people and outdated infrastructure. Not to mention most likely destruction of Seul.

This the sole reason why NK is still existing - no-one wants to sort this mess.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most likely South Korea would take over the North if their government and leaders were able taken care of. Then Korea would be unified as one country again.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Is invading North Korea even a wise idea? I mean, do they know the terrain or what kind of arsenal that country really possesses?

Also, I don't think anyone would gain much from invading NK and putting an end to that dictatorship. I don't think South Koreans, the Chinese and the Japanese are interested in taking in millions of refugees.
We wouldn't need to send even one boot on the ground until after we tactical missile strike every military outpost, staging area, fort, etc..
Old 09-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #48
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We wouldn't need to send even one boot on the ground until after we tactical missile strike every military outpost, staging area, fort, etc..
And maybe one of these mothers on rocket mans front door.
https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/...ghanistan.html
Old 09-20-2017, 05:19 PM   #49
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
My 2 cents which is worth about that.

Kim Jong Un has one motivation: to stay in power. I feel like he's pretty insecure about (or paranoid about) how the senior party members and military in DPRK see him. (As evidenced by the high level executions he's done)

He knows that no matter who the US president is, he'd get stomped pretty quick if he fired a missle, much less a nuke, at the US. He has been taken aback by Trump's angry rhetoric.

The thing is, he never wants to use those missle and be put out of power. He just wants to wave them around for his own people's sake and to prove he's tough to them. He'd be a fool to actually use them.

The WORST thing that could happen is if Trump actually starts something preemptively. That compells China to act because of treaties with DPRK and we definitely don't want to fight China.

The best thing is to leave the baby alone and let him bluster all he wants.
I agree with a lot of what you said Katie. He has been exciting senior staff members and members of his own family who might oppose his rule. I also agree that he doesn't want to launch a full scale war either, bc he would lose power. But then again look at what Sadam Husain did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Let's face it, whether we go to war with Korea depends on largely whether China will allow it.

Don't they have the largest standing army on earth right now?

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/2...the-world.html
Wow I didn't think our army was that large! Should have known better Numbers is not everything though, but still I would rather not go to war with a Nuclear power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Not doing business with China would hurt us more than it would hurt them.
We uh...don't exactly make a whole lot of stuff in the US anymore.
I don't agree. We are the #2 Exporting Nation in the world behind China of course.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ies-worldwide/
China economy has already been trending down while the U.S. is Trending up, also I believe we are China #1 importer. So if we closed off trade with them I think China's economy would collapse. Also the U.S. dollar is the Global Currency still. I think we could crush China Economically with sanctions. I think our economy would suffer some, but not like China.

Hopefully North Korea can be dealt with a peaceful resolution.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So it seems like Trump has... brought Kim to the table? Like, literally? In the weeks to come, anyway.

Maybe all that "fire and fury" talk was just what was needed.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/08/polit...est/index.html
Old 03-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #51
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
So it seems like Trump has... brought Kim to the table? Like, literally? In the weeks to come, anyway.

CNN? I'm calling FAKE news

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:08 AM   #52
Katie
Just...way too serious.

This.....makes me a little wary. I wouldn’t be surprised if one side or the other or both think they can take the other side out during this meeting.

I’m very interested in where this meeting will happen. China? I’m sure they are super happy with Trump right now with those Tariffs. Russia? Optics aren’t good on that for Trump and would boost Russia and Putin unnecessarily. Europe? Probably no good for Kim to be surrounded by US allies. I bet it will be in South Korea.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:16 AM   #53
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
This.....makes me a little wary. I wouldn’t be surprised if one side or the other or both think they can take the other side out during this meeting.
It's not James Bond movie.
Doing something like this will be irresponsible and stupid for either side.
Yes, even for the likes of Trump and Kim Fatty Fat.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:40 AM   #54
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It's not James Bond movie.
Doing something like this will be irresponsible and stupid for either side.
Yes, even for the likes of Trump and Kim Fatty Fat.
A Russian Spy and a few others just got attacked with nerve gas. Also Kim Jung has been executing members of his own family and senior staff so I don't doubt anything at this point.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:19 AM   #55
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
A Russian Spy and a few others just got attacked with nerve gas. Also Kim Jung has been executing members of his own family and senior staff so I don't doubt anything at this point.
Russian spy and meaningless relative of the Glorious Leader are not on the same scale as Kim Fatty Fat and American president.

Kim's elimination will lead to the war with South Korea.
Trump's elimination, if done by NK, will lead to war with South Korea and immediate annihilation of NK.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #56
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:

Trump did not bring Kim Jong Un to the table though. North Korea has several times in the past sought an audience with the US president and it's never happened largely because it would be seem as giving the regime the kind of global credibility it craves.

A lot has happened with China and especially South Korea for the offer to come again and it's a bad thing to ignore that work but more than that it's dangerous to credit Trump's tough line approach instead because Trump is dumb enough to believe it - even if his advisers are telling him the real reasons behind it. If Trump goes into a meeting with Kim Jong Un believing that he can strong arm his way to peace and that he's got one over him as opposed to actually giving him something he really wants then it could be very bad.

On the other hand if the meeting does go ahead and goes well and they get some concessions out of North Korea then we probably should credit Trump and his people. I understand the reticence from some quarters to credit Trump with anything, ironically the danger is the same with NK conundrum as it can seem to validate a clearly wrong-headed government but I'd like to think we're all mature enough to be able to acknowledge Trump did one good thing while pretty much everything else was a **** show and a failure.

Of course this may all be a moot point as the meeting may not actually happen and even if it does the likelihood of getting anything meaningful out of Kim Jong Un is practically zero but whatever happens the narrative should not be that "fire and fury" worked.

Last edited by Galactus; 03-09-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #57
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, now that John Bolton is the National Security Advisor...and with timing that couldn't be any worse...it seems a little more real.

I can't help but feel we're more doomed than ever before.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 03-23-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #58
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It looks like North Korea is ready to stop their nuclear tests.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:16 AM   #59
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Trump and Kim Jong Un are set to meet in person in June? That will sure be something to see.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Summit is back on:
https://www.king5.com/article/news/n.../507-560640710
Closed Thread