The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Was April sexualized too much in this cartoon when she was only 16?

There's numerous "ass shots" in various episodes or scenes where April's body is put into question. Keep in mind April is only 16 in this show and not an adult like all other incarnations.

Discuss and debate.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:03 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Do you get a boner from seing clothed asses? If that's the case, you'd be pitching a tent everytime you go outside.

In the two previous cartoons, the standard outfit either cleavage or a belly shirt. Seems to me like such outfits are much more clearly meant to be arousing, which is barely to begin with mind you. We also got a variety of outfits for the previous two cartoon versions of April, in both cases we got outfits that showed way more skin than usual. with Nick April we really only got five outfits in total:
  1. Her standard one, while a bit tight, barely shows any skin and is quite modest.
  2. A pair of simple pajamas, also very modest.
  3. A copy of the 1987 costume without the cleavage.
  4. The same copy but in black.
  5. A very thick hoodie jacket.
They had plenty of chances to give her a more attractive outfit and they didn't. Even her face isn't even that pretty, I remember people saying she looked like boy and you only tell she's female because of her breasts.

So no, I don't think she was meant to look sexy.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:35 PM   #3
ABrown
Banned

This thread brought to us by the guy who thinks that Karai and Shinigami were in a lesbian relationship.

Last edited by ABrown; 03-22-2021 at 01:36 PM.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
This thread brought to by the guy who thinks that Karai and Shinigami were in a lesbian relationship.
That's practically confirmed.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Do you get a boner from seing clothed asses? If that's the case, you'd be pitching a tent everytime you go outside.
This. I'm forced to agree.... one thing I've learned about the internet is that often people's observations of social justice or sexualization are actually reflecting their own weird thoughts.

But a lot of people disregard that and get drawn in.

And so I think it's more telling that someone even make this observation. I never once saw April on those shows and made those connections..... ever.

So anyone who gets drawn into that, I would check your own strange urges at the door because you might actually be the problem as opposed to trying to put it on societies entertainment where more normal minds didn't even go there.

More and more I'm finding that the correct answer to cancel culture and these callouts is the same verbal judo you put on criminals and provocateurs - "hm. I didn't perceive it that way. It's weird that you did - so you are telling me that your first reaction was that little girl was sexy?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
This thread brought to by the guy who thinks that Karai and Shinigami were in a lesbian relationship.
As I said....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:14 AM   #6
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
one thing I've learned about the internet is that often people's observations of social justice or sexualization are actually reflecting their own weird thoughts.
Very well said. I've thought this for awhile but have had trouble articulating the thought. I find myself often in conversations with people and they bring something up for discussion, whether it's a conversation of politics, race, sexualization, what have you, and they'll ask a question or state an opinion and I'm blown away by the fact they were even able to perceive something that way.

Very well stated. I'm right there with you.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Very well said. I've thought this for awhile but have had trouble articulating the thought. I find myself often in conversations with people and they bring something up for discussion, whether it's a conversation of politics, race, sexualization, what have you, and they'll ask a question or state an opinion and I'm blown away by the fact they were even able to perceive something that way.

Very well stated. I'm right there with you.
Yup. And being "offended by opportunity" is also a psychological extension of this. It's almost like someone - some psychopath (there are a lot of them wandering around and you wouldn't know) is compelled to vomit out one of those weirdo perceptions you mentioned, and the best way to do that is to act offended - because acting offended allows someone to express their strange opinions while also getting someone else in trouble. It's the perfect tool for a psychopath or terrible person.

And people in charge and in power enable it. You'd get fired from a job that one of these people were at and targeted you. They are empowered and it's dangerous.

So for anyone here that might find themselves in management one day or on top of one of these situations - quite frankly stop empowering these people. The truth is that most of the time the complainers and the easily offended are actually the problem. Fire them. Not the person they are complaining about unless there is some true occurrence of harm. Fire the complainer when they are flinging accusations of opinion.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:41 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Leaving April completely out of it, I just wanted to address this one thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Do you get a boner from seing clothed asses?
Yes.

But then I have a LOT of problems.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Leaving April completely out of it, I just wanted to address this one thing:

Yes.

But then I have a LOT of problems.
Yeah but see if you were one of these psychopaths then you'd blame someone else for your boner and act offended that they gave you said boner.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:21 AM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
This. I'm forced to agree.... one thing I've learned about the internet is that often people's observations of social justice or sexualization are actually reflecting their own weird thoughts.

But a lot of people disregard that and get drawn in.

And so I think it's more telling that someone even make this observation. I never once saw April on those shows and made those connections..... ever.

So anyone who gets drawn into that, I would check your own strange urges at the door because you might actually be the problem as opposed to trying to put it on societies entertainment where more normal minds didn't even go there.

More and more I'm finding that the correct answer to cancel culture and these callouts is the same verbal judo you put on criminals and provocateurs - "hm. I didn't perceive it that way. It's weird that you did - so you are telling me that your first reaction was that little girl was sexy?"

As I said....
I agree with what you're saying, a lot of these sjw types are mostly projecting or starting stuff where there isn't any.

Though you have to admit that one ep where Baxter hogtied April put an awful lot of emphasis on her butt. And it was like 'stop looking at April's butt, well where do you want me to look, it's EVERYWHERE'.

Like what was up with whoever was in charge of the story-boarding or camera angles or whatever of that episode?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 03-22-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #11
mrmaczaps
Banned

Stuff like this is like farting. He or she who smelt it, dealt it.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:56 PM   #12
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Stuff like this is like farting. He or she who smelt it, dealt it.
Unrealized or maybe even realized SJW logic: "I'm fighting hate, but I'm going to use my own opinions of what someone says or does, add my own meaning to their words and then I'm going to hate them in such a way that causes them harm".

That is cancel culture. All the way.

Last edited by IMJ; 03-22-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:38 PM   #13
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Unrealized or maybe even realized SJW logic: "I'm fighting hate, but I'm going to use my own opinions of what someone says or does, add my own meaning to their words and then I'm going to hate them in such a way that causes them harm".

That is cancel culture. All the way.
F cancel culture, just putting that out there. Come at me haha
Old 03-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #14
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
F cancel culture, just putting that out there. Come at me haha

"Come at me, bro!"
Old 03-22-2021, 03:43 PM   #15
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Nah, not really. Well, not in my memory anyway. I do remember one though that had Arpil saying she was going to kick someone's butt and the camera was behind her...but that felt like an ironic joke or something. I don't thinks she did well in that fight and her butt got kicked...or I'm just remembering wrong.

I don't think she was sexualized, though. Seemed pretty normal to me I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's practically confirmed.
Only by you, right?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:19 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Nah, not really. Well, not in my memory anyway. I do remember one though that had Arpil saying she was going to kick someone's butt and the camera was behind her...but that felt like an ironic joke or something. I don't thinks she did well in that fight and her butt got kicked...or I'm just remembering wrong.

I don't think she was sexualized, though. Seemed pretty normal to me I guess.Only by you, right?
I know in-universe she's supposed to be at least cute enough for Donnie and Casey to go ga-ga over her, but sexualized is a stretch, except for that one episode I mentioned.

I do remember the one where April wore the yellow jumpsuit as her space outfit and Donnie and Casey dropped their jaws as if she were the 80's April, even though she doesn't come close to filling out that outfit the way the OG did.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:22 PM   #17
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I completely agree. I remember before on a blind gossip site, someone was saying that Miley Cyrus was pole dancing and being sexualised and how disgusting it was that her parents gave her a standing ovation after this performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGL...l=FormHaekawee

If a young girl can't hold on to a pole to keep her balanced makes you think of pole dancing and something sexual, I'd be more concerned about the viewer who projects that than the girl holding on to a pole. That was not pole dancing.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:53 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Miley Cyrus literally went crazy just a few years later though. Not the best example to use.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:41 PM   #19
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmff View Post
I completely agree. I remember before on a blind gossip site, someone was saying that Miley Cyrus was pole dancing and being sexualised and how disgusting it was that her parents gave her a standing ovation after this performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGL...l=FormHaekawee

If a young girl can't hold on to a pole to keep her balanced makes you think of pole dancing and something sexual, I'd be more concerned about the viewer who projects that than the girl holding on to a pole. That was not pole dancing.
That's a great example.

Because it shows how people are primed for confirmation bias to serve their agenda.

Miley Cyrus has tried to be a "shock star" for years. And in this case she essentially does nothing, but even then the on-boarders assign her actions to the first association in their peabrains.

Now put that on the scale that we saw with everything over the last few years. That is what tribalism is - it's people getting into a "tribe" based on whatever heuristics can make them part of the group either for survival or for power. Now take that reasoning (e.g., survival or power), and it shows you how many weak kneed drones there are out there given all of the power plays we've seen in recent years.

And finally here's why you can't change these people - for the same reasons that they operate this way in the first place. They are the weakest of the weak and this empowers them. And so, by explaining the things that I try to explain here, not only does that wisdom potentially rob them of their power, but then it challenges them to look at their own weakness and they can't do it. It's reciprocating causation and then they turn on you for explaining this to them and weaponize it by calling you a racist.

It's the ultimate circle of power-stupidity.

You gave a perfect example with the Miley Cyrus event as a catalyst to unpack all of this. But there are people here who will say it's a bad example, through their confirmation bias and poor critical thinking, because Miley Cyrus "does things like that". Therefore fulfilling the psychology I've just described. And what's more - these circular thinkers would make that stereotypical observation to condemn Miley, yet then go on later to say somewhere that "stereotypes are evil and wrong". These are the dumbest, worst people that humanity has ever produced.

Last edited by IMJ; 03-22-2021 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:43 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean... I don't know, in Miley's case.

Given the fact that Miley has since then taken to everything from simulated sex acts on stage to bouncing around wearing a strap-on in public... I kinda think that the pole thing was merely "foreshadowing". Maybe pretty benign in and of itself, but... when people tell me who they are, I listen.

I don't think there was necessarily a wide bridge between "Miley and a Pole" and "Miley and her Bouncing Dildo". Call me crazy, I just kinda think she was sort of forewarning us for what was yet to come. At least a little.

Maybe there's a little bit of projection based on what we now know and what she's since turned into, but... I'unno. The pieces fit.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote