The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-10-2017, 05:52 AM   #1
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Turtles forever uncut question

So has no one really uploaded the uncut version anywhere? Seema incredibly easy to rip the dvd. It was even on the 4kids website in full for a while.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm pretty sure I've seen it online in various places.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #3
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

I've seen it while cruisin' around the high seas a couple of times as well.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #4
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

C'mon dude
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/ann...t.php?f=11&a=7
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #5
ABrown
Banned

You know I think to this day I still have never seen the movie in its entirety. I've only seen it on television or on dvd (which unfortunately IS the tv broadcast). I think the 4Kids upload was the only way to see the entire movie. Remember how it was going to be in the movie theater for one night only, kinda like Batman: The Killing Joke was. It's a shame that deal fell through, I would've enjoyed seeing the move on the big screen.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've been able to download it by a torrent, which is probably the only way that it can be found these days. Honestly, a lot of the clipped scenes make a big difference when they're put back in place...especially the scenes with Karai.
Namely when she explains how she found Ch'rell, and when he begs him to stop destroying the multiverse.

(I'm still pretty sure Ch'rell was physically ill after being unfrozen. Between being in a block of ice, "overcooked", nerve gassed, put into stasis, and literally broken out of stasis, his little system must have been totally overwhelmed. And because he's an Utrom, nobody noticed and Ch'rell didn't want to say anything about it because of his pride. And it's because of his pride that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have risked his own existence just to get rid of the turtles.)
Old 03-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

I just bought it on Amazon UK...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I just bought it on Amazon UK...
To my fellow Americans who are thinking about doing this, please remember that UK uses the PAL format. Region 2.
Unless you have a fancy region-free player, you're going to have to jump through a few hoops to actually watch it.

The Region 1 DVD release of Turtles Forever established just how well Nickelodeon planned to treat the 4Kids series (not at all well!). Fullscreen, TV broadcast version rather than widescreen uncut. It wasn't even cut for censorship reasons (violence or whatever), they just wanted more time for commercials. Funnily enough, I remember in 2009 that CW4Kids ads for the film featured some of the cut content.
I've also heard when they aired the movie on Nicktoons a couple times, they cut out the live-action scene. Nice work, Nick.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #9
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

no rules broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Reading over those rules i didn't break anything with this thread.

I simply asked a question. Although i wouldnt discrourage a PM. It just seems odd you cant find it anywhere with how readily available it seems.

The uncut is actually the last thing missing from my 2k3 collection. Have the full series and US turtles forever release on DVD.

So blurred lines, and rules here arent ever inforced regardless. Generally speaking. If we're being honest
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #10
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, took me about an hour on the internet to region-break my dvd player. Should probably go ahead and do so with my blu ray players...

The edited version is fine if it's all you know. But it's hard to watch once you've seen it uncut. I wonder why they ever cut anything, even for commercials. Why not just let it run into another half hour block? Was the 11:30 airing of Yugioh or Sigma Six really that important that it couldn't be skipped for one week? Jeez.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:34 PM   #11
TheSkeletonMan939

I think the idea behind that is kids lose interest in things if they go on long enough. A two-hour movie means less kids will be tuning in near the tail end, which means less kids will be watching the ads than would have been if a YuGiOh were on. Just my guess.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #12
ToTheNines
[sic]

I guess. And I can understand Nick going by that train of thought, but it seems pretty dumb of 4kids to pay writers, animators, and voice talent all that money just to trim it down for the premiere on their own network.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:34 PM   #13
Shift
Random Punk

The fact is, it's incredibly easy to make an account on Amazon UK and just order it. The first used seller I checked will ship it to the US and the total only comes to $9 USD, and there are new copies too. So stop whining about how fairly or not the rules are being enforced and complete your collection already.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote