The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-02-2017, 06:24 AM   #61
Tardigrade
Random Punk

If I remember correctly, someone in an other thread said that if you look at the number of pages instead of the number of issues, it would make sense to include BRDE in volume 7 (issue 51 to 64 + BRDE). Volume 7 would then be about 390 pages while volume 1 and 6 are both about 380 pages.

Story wise it would also make sense for volume 8 who could include a lot of Bishop arc; starting with TMNTU 1-4, #65 (Christmas), TMNTU #5 (Urban legends) and including Desperate measure. (TMNT #65 to 70 and TMNTU #1 to 8 or 10).

And it would perfectly respect the reading order.
Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:57 AM   #62
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I used to be big into the editing the wiki because other fandoms have such large comprehensive ones, but I quit after some idiot kept insisting the turtles all had Italian middle names and would just undo everything we edited of his.

Some places even have stubborn, ignorant administrators. Makes it even more frustrating.
i had a very similar experience on Wiki as well.
someone kept editing a page as per their own personal 'wish-list' instead of being accurate.
every time i'd fix it they'd just re-edit it back to their wish-list. they even tried to ban me from the page.

i figured just let ignorant idiots be what they're going to be.

unfortunately the world is at no shortage of stubborn and ignorant people.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:08 AM   #63
myconius
Abby Normal

i'm wondering if it might be a good reading order to place inside 'Inside Out' in front of Issue#66?

in issue #66 Raph mentions Leonardo teaching the Turtles the art of having their spirit astral project out of their bodies.

not 100%, but i think the first time we've see this was in issue #44 where Splinter goes to catch Donatello's spirit before it enters the afterlife?

it also looked like Splinter was doing something similar in issue #50, when he was exploring both his and Oroku Saki's past to find a clue of how to defeat him.

it'll be interesting to see how the writers further use this concept.
i'm guessing it'll come heavily into play going into the Pantheon storyline.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #64
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Yeah, the Christmas issue is meant to be read right before TMNTU #5 anyways (which is actually titled "Urban Legends", not "Old Hob and Leatherhead". One of several errors I'm seeing on that wiki timeline).

It might end up getting kinda crazy with all the backups and what not, but I'm sure they'll end up in a decent reading order.
Oh wow really?? I missed seeing the proper title for TMNTU #5, I like it though. Way better than the "Old Hob and Leatherhead" placeholder I eventually just stuck on that timeline I'm a stickler for knowing the titles of all the story arcs usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
that's the problem with a wiki page, you never know what kind of looney bird is editing it.
Quote:
I used to be big into the editing the wiki because other fandoms have such large comprehensive ones, but I quit after some idiot kept insisting the turtles all had Italian middle names and would just undo everything we edited of his.

Some places even have stubborn, ignorant administrators. Makes it even more frustrating.
Quote:
someone kept editing a page as per their own personal 'wish-list' instead of being accurate.
every time i'd fix it they'd just re-edit it back to their wish-list. they even tried to ban me from the page.

Man, what? Wiki admins can be the f**king worst. I was banned from the Always Sunny in Philadelphia wiki because I kept correcting broken English and turning direct quotes that were not in quotations into paraphrases because they didn't even need to be directly quoted. So stupid and frustrating.

As far as Turtlepedia goes, I just stick to a very tiny corner and mainly just create pages for the IDW story arcs. The actual issue # wiki pages seemed to be overly obsessed with the meaningless minutiae of comic book collecting rather than the actual content like characters, plot development, story progression, etc. To each their own I guess though
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 AM   #65
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Man, what? Wiki admins can be the f**king worst. I was banned from the Always Sunny in Philadelphia wiki because I kept correcting broken English and turning direct quotes that were not in quotations into paraphrases because they didn't even need to be directly quoted. So stupid and frustrating.
are you serious? banned for correcting broken english.
that site is really a double edged sword.
at times it can be a very good source of information, but many times it's just a haven for knuckleheads.

Quote:
As far as Turtlepedia goes, I just stick to a very tiny corner and mainly just create pages for the IDW story arcs. The actual issue # wiki pages seemed to be overly obsessed with the meaningless minutiae of comic book collecting rather than the actual content like characters, plot development, story progression, etc. To each their own I guess though
that's really sad. what's the point of even buying a comic unless you are going to invest in the characters and story.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #66
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:

Ha, nice. The final straw with the TMNT wiki was not being allowed to fix the Shredder Clones page, they insist on calling them the Shredder Elite based on a goof Dan Berger made over a decade ago.

Quote:
i'm wondering if it might be a good reading order to place inside 'Inside Out' in front of Issue#66?

in issue #66 Raph mentions Leonardo teaching the Turtles the art of having their spirit astral project out of their bodies.
That's a good catch on the connection, but since astral projection wouldn't be something learned overnight, I like having some space between the two stories.

Quote:
Oh wow really?? I missed seeing the proper title for TMNTU #5, I like it though. Way better than the "Old Hob and Leatherhead" placeholder I eventually just stuck on that timeline I'm a stickler for knowing the titles of all the story arcs usually
Yeah, they quietly snuck it into the TPB. I also noticed the other day that TMNT/Ghostbusters #3 now has two different titles between the TPB and the deluxe hardcover.

TPB version is "Showdown in Chinatown" and deluxe version is "Just in Casey".

Quote:
Ha, wow. I got banned from the Young Justice wiki for trying to change Black Beetle's species to Reach alien after his face was revealed. I contacted the guy and he said "Well Superman looks human, but he's not".

Quote:
Yeah, I'm all into the details, but sometimes they go overboard.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #67
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Man, I should have been keeping up with this thread. We finally stopped discussing Utrommaniac's stuff? I missed some good talk.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:30 AM   #68
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Man, I should have been keeping up with this thread. We finally stopped discussing Utrommaniac's stuff? I missed some good talk.
come on in! the water's fine!
Old 06-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #69
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Ha, nice. The final straw with the TMNT wiki was not being allowed to fix the Shredder Clones page, they insist on calling them the Shredder Elite based on a goof Dan Berger made over a decade ago.

That's a good catch on the connection, but since astral projection wouldn't be something learned overnight, I like having some space between the two stories.
WOW! there's a HUGE difference between Shredder Elite versus the Shredder Clones!! what a bunch of clowns!

as far as the astral projection, i was thinking it might not be as much chronological, but more thematic.
sort of how they placed the 2012 Annual right before 'City Fall', when chronologically the Annual fits better right after issue #14.

sometimes there's SO much going on, it hard to keep track of it all.
like reading Tmnt/Ghostbusters before reading 'Attack on the Technodrome' really takes me out of the mood that is built up in 'New Mutant Order'.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #70
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Anything IDW-related, I'm down to discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardigrade View Post
If I remember correctly, someone in an other thread said that if you look at the number of pages instead of the number of issues, it would make sense to include BRDE in volume 7 (issue 51 to 64 + BRDE). Volume 7 would then be about 390 pages while volume 1 and 6 are both about 380 pages.

Story wise it would also make sense for volume 8 who could include a lot of Bishop arc; starting with TMNTU 1-4, #65 (Christmas), TMNTU #5 (Urban legends) and including Desperate measure. (TMNT #65 to 70 and TMNTU #1 to 8 or 10).

And it would perfectly respect the reading order.
Hmm now that's interesting. If that is how they divvy things up, I can totally see Bishop making the cover of Vol. 8
Old 06-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #71
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Anything IDW-related, I'm down to discuss

Hmm now that's interesting. If that is how they divvy things up, I can totally see Bishop making the cover of Vol. 8
I wonder how long IDW will stay with the single character covers. So far you have very recognizable characters on the fronts of the books. Do you keep branching out to other characters or start using group shots (B&R, all four turtles together) of the super recognizable/marketable figures.That would be wild if B&R got the cover for Vol 7 and Michelangelo got bumped. Mikey needs a cover already.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #72
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I wonder how long IDW will stay with the single character covers. So far you have very recognizable characters on the fronts of the books. Do you keep branching out to other characters or start using group shots (B&R, all four turtles together) of the super recognizable/marketable figures.That would be wild if B&R got the cover for Vol 7 and Michelangelo got bumped. Mikey needs a cover already.
Certainly interesting to think about. I guess we're gonna end up with about 15 of these things if the series runs to #100.

Still need Mikey, Hob, B&R, Karai, Casey, Alopex, Slash, Krang, and Kitsune. I think they have enough characters to keep keep them mostly individual portraits.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm not being snarky, just an honest question: has IDW created any brand-new villains (not derived from pre-existing ones) that aren't mutants of any kind?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:24 AM   #74
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Certainly interesting to think about. I guess we're gonna end up with about 15 of these things if the series runs to #100.

Still need Mikey, Hob, B&R, Karai, Casey, Alopex, Slash, Krang, and Kitsune. I think they have enough characters to keep keep them mostly individual portraits.
True, that would takeum right up to 15. Would like to see Hob on a cover sooner than later. Is that a random order or the way you hope covers happen?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm not being snarky, just an honest question: has IDW created any brand-new villains (not derived from pre-existing ones) that aren't mutants of any kind?
Well just recently they introduced an alien bounty hunter by the name of "Hakk-R" who was in the free comic book day issue. He'll also be in the Dimension X mini.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #76
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Just Harold, when he was a bad guy for 5 pages lol. Plus the entire Savate gang.

Other than that, don't think so. Unless you count Jennika, Blake Anders, Dr. Miller, or Kitsune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
True, that would takeum right up to 15. Would like to see Hob on a cover sooner than later. Is that a random order or the way you hope covers happen?
I started with Mikey, because I assume he's #7, then Hob because I want him the most. The rest was random.

Although whatever collects #100 should probably have Kitsune. If not the entire pantheon.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #77
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Kitsune and the rest of the Pantheon
Old 06-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #78
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:

It is interesting that since the hardcovers collect so many issues, it can be pretty hard to pick one character who features the most out of the included issues in any volume.

Mikey is a good candidate for Vol. 7 and Bishop for Vol. 8. Maybe Karai will feature on whatever volume collects the Karai's Path story, especially if she appears in the ongoing in the same batch. Krang will probably feature on the volume that includes his trial. Some of the characters will have to wait a while til they get a decent amount of spotlight again, like Casey, B&R, Slash, and some others
Old 06-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #79
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Kitsune
Chi-You
Toad Baron
The Savate
Hakk-R (presumably)
Jenny (for a few issues at least)
Nieli

IDW generally avoids creating new characters though. When it comes to older characters it's not that hard.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Kitsune and the rest of the Pantheon
Aren't they all some form of metahumans, though?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
idw's tmnt