The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #61
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
Well not racism, that'd suggest Hob was somehow partaking in the systematic persecution of humans. He's very magneto like though, I knew right off the bat he'd have a problem with mutants that were human first. I wonder if he'll ever be reunited with that kid from the micro or maybe it'll be revealed that the mutagen contains human DNA hence the human attributes. Either way, I see him moving in a different direction.
I always figured starting out as human or animal doesn't matter, since the mutagen mutates subjects to a halfway point between both. If so, Hob might have to learn to dial down his "prejudice" tendencies in the future when he realizes he's half-human himself now.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #62
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I love Mr. O'Neil's withdrawal freakout.
seriously!!!!!!!! So damn funny!!!!!! I feel bad for Casey though he is really in a bad place right now mentally and emotionally. Hopefully the won't have him mope around for too many issues....

I am a little annoyed at the stupidity level they give bebop and rocksteady. They were seriously considering leaving the foot??????
I wish this books were longer, bc they are so spread out. The last two issue have probably been some of the weaker issues for me. But it is really hyping up the next issue.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #63
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
seriously!!!!!!!! So damn funny!!!!!! I feel bad for Casey though he is really in a bad place right now mentally and emotionally. Hopefully the won't have him mope around for too many issues....

I am a little annoyed at the stupidity level they give bebop and rocksteady. They were seriously considering leaving the foot??????
I wish this books were longer, bc they are so spread out. The last two issue have probably been some of the weaker issues for me. But it is really hyping up the next issue.
Well that's a big part of why we love R&B. They're like the court jesters, but IDW have brought these characters to their untapped potential. I always wanted to see how they would do if they ever fought Slash, and now they're giving it to us. This is a very special time and Im loving every moment of it. I think that Casey is going through a time where he is exploring his future. In Mirage you saw Casey as a handyman and even in IDW he has repaired a motor cycle in NH. I think maybe the pages of #39 are about Casey possibly going to a tech school for mechanics as his career. It will probably make him happier and give him some direction. I think him being with the O'Neils is giving him the clarity that he deserves after all of his trauma. And don't be surprised if the Foot try and ruin this somehow. April's parents are in danger the longer they stay in NY imo.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #64
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
Well that's a big part of why we love R&B. They're like the court jesters, but IDW have brought these characters to their untapped potential. I always wanted to see how they would do if they ever fought Slash, and now they're giving it to us. This is a very special time and Im loving every moment of it. I think that Casey is going through a time where he is exploring his future. In Mirage you saw Casey as a handyman and even in IDW he has repaired a motor cycle in NH. I think maybe the pages of #39 are about Casey possibly going to a tech school for mechanics as his career. It will probably make him happier and give him some direction. I think him being with the O'Neils is giving him the clarity that he deserves after all of his trauma. And don't be surprised if the Foot try and ruin this somehow. April's parents are in danger the longer they stay in NY imo.
Isn't the store targeted by the Foot in some/most incarnations? I remember it quite clearly in the 2003 cartoon.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #65
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Isn't the store targeted by the Foot in some/most incarnations? I remember it quite clearly in the 2003 cartoon.
Yep, in past incarnations (such as Mirage and the first movie) the attack on the shop is what spurs the flight to Northampton.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #66
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Summary of the Old Hob releated plotline in 1 minute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZqZWbmXK4
Old 10-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #67
The Gunslinger
Foot Soldier

Really loving IDW Slash. He is definitely up there as one of my favorite characters at the moment.
The Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #68
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I want to start by saying that I was pretty disappointed with Mikey being such a bad cook. I know it's a spoof on the 4kids series or something with the eggs, but it seems like a complete dismissal of one of the fundamental aspects of Mikey from Mirage--him being the family cook. It would have been cool to have him be a good cook since it adds another layer to his personality besides goofball. With a decision like this, you can choose to add a cool layer to someone or ridicule them, and the latter was chosen--I was honestly surprised by the oversight. He's also looking might stupid lately with his Nick bandanna and bucktooth; I feel it's a real disservice to him. I love this series, but the design for him is awful--annoying because everything else looks pretty damn good.

I love Donatello being so focused and pissed off essentially writing off his family for now. I think, in response to a previous comment, Mikey did side with him, but Don has gone off on his own twice now and thereby seems not to want Mikey with him, having lumped Mike in with the others.

Love Angel and Alopex teaming up. Love it when badass women hang out together, in general. The art for next issue (and this one) looks freaking amazing. Granted, as I've learned, comic art covers tend to embellish a bit.

Finally, Hob is mighty scary lately. Does anyone mind that he keeps talking about genocide of humans? The part where he started shooting B&R was shocking. In a good way. I do think it's a little odd that he shot them and still accepts Lindsey--does Lindsey want all other humans to die or something?

Mr. O'Neil is definitely getting some mutagen side effects, and Casey needs to do something.

Now the wait has begun...
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #69
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I want to start by saying that I was pretty disappointed with Mikey being such a bad cook. I know it's a spoof on the 4kids series or something with the eggs, but it seems like a complete dismissal of one of the fundamental aspects of Mikey from Mirage--him being the family cook. It would have been cool to have him be a good cook since it adds another layer to his personality besides goofball. With a decision like this, you can choose to add a cool layer to someone or ridicule them, and the latter was chosen--I was honestly surprised by the oversight. He's also looking might stupid lately with his Nick bandanna and bucktooth; I feel it's a real disservice to him. I love this series, but the design for him is awful--annoying because everything else looks pretty damn good.

I love Donatello being so focused and pissed off essentially writing off his family for now. I think, in response to a previous comment, Mikey did side with him, but Don has gone off on his own twice now and thereby seems not to want Mikey with him, having lumped Mike in with the others.

Love Angel and Alopex teaming up. Love it when badass women hang out together, in general. The art for next issue (and this one) looks freaking amazing. Granted, as I've learned, comic art covers tend to embellish a bit.

Finally, Hob is mighty scary lately. Does anyone mind that he keeps talking about genocide of humans? The part where he started shooting B&R was shocking. In a good way. I do think it's a little odd that he shot them and still accepts Lindsey--does Lindsey want all other humans to die or something?

Mr. O'Neil is definitely getting some mutagen side effects, and Casey needs to do something.

Now the wait has begun...
Well Mikey is still young in IDW. He'll get better at cooking. They should totally make a Chef Mikey figure, his hat is so cute lol
Old 10-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #70
Tazi
Mad Scientist

I bet the cooking scene is only in the comic, because Santolouco wanted to draw Mikey in a cooking wear again.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #71
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
I bet the cooking scene is only in the comic, because Santolouco wanted to draw Mikey in a cooking wear again.
It's all about putting Mikey in ridiculous hats.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #72
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
It's all about putting Mikey in ridiculous hats.
The tradition has been going on for a long time like it or not...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 10-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #73
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Oh don't get me wrong Im not ******* on it, that's part of why I like Michelangelo.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #74
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Oh don't get me wrong Im not ******* on it, that's part of why I like Michelangelo.
Hats are what truely defines a character.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #75
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Hats are what truely defines a character.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #76
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
Summary of the Old Hob releated plotline in 1 minute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZqZWbmXK4
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #77
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Is this out yet?
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #78
Leomaru
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder26 View Post
Is this out yet?
Yes, it is.
Leomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:25 AM   #79
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

Thanks for the quick reply
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #80
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Don't suppose anyone has a link from out in the wilds of the web of that shot of little short, and 100% self confident, Alopex directly facing Angel?

I loved that shot. But then, I like the short yet badass character type (which arguably all of the turtles are traditionally as well).

Alopex is trying to paint a target on Leo's shell for the position of my favorite TMNT character at times. Not that I'm biased for foxes being awesome or anything. >_>

Tags
tom waltz