The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #201
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"Terminator: Dark Fate Director: Why Mackenzie Davis Will ‘Scare the F*** Out of’ Misogynists":

https://variety.com/2019/film/featur...on-1203262797/

An early “Dark Fate” poster received backlash, calling Davis and her co-stars “feminazis” and other chauvinist hate speech. How do you think she’ll be received in the room at Comic-Con?

If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the f–k out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine. We did not trade certain gender traits for others; she’s just very strong, and that frightens some dudes. You can see online the responses to some of the early s–t that’s out there, trolls on the internet. I don’t give a f–k.

I need to be "enlightened" to enjoy her performance? Oh, no...
That's funny how back in the day we had Ripley and Sarah Connor from T2. Those characters were adored for their strength, without producers white knighting about "their strength, which gonna scare some dudes".

I generally, hope that those people just saying this **** for the sake of getting "woke" cookies, because, if they are really thinking this ****, they are very sad human beings, who have very little idea how actual human works and why all their "progressive" ******** is turning more and more people away from their ideology.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #202
Vegita-San
Emperor

I honestly want to see what portion of hollywood truly thinks and believes everything like this that they say.. and what portion of hollywood is doing it just to keep their jobs.

I have a feeling the latter is going to be the larger number.

It's almost like the cult of scientology branched in new direction and is taking over hollywood in a different manner.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #203
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
... with many more unknown/upcoming. It feels like we're living in a new era; it's exciting! [/I]
New era of toothless committee approved paper thin characters in generic CGI filled blockbusters?

**** this Era.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #204
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Dora, Maleficient, Charlie's Angels, Terminator, Frozen, Birds of Prey, Mulan, Black Widow, Wonder Woman, The Eternals ...

... with many more unknown/upcoming. It feels like we're living in a new era; it's exciting! [/I]
I love how you place Dora in the same leauge as Frozen and Wonder Woman...just so you know, Dora's probably gonna bring all the pedos to the theatres
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:06 PM   #205
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Whoa... Edward Furlong's coming back as John?

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/07...vifja00I9MTW_8
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #206
Skinrash
Thug

Quote:

Weird. I thought they were only going to show a child version of John Connor in this film.
Skinrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #207
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
Weird. I thought they were only going to show a child version of John Connor in this film.
I'm hearing the movie is in the midst of reshoots... so he could be a last minute addition.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:40 PM   #208
Sumac
Banned

So, it's on its way to become another failed "first part of the trilogy", like previous three movies, eh?
Old 07-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #209
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
So, it's on its way to become another failed "first part of the trilogy", like previous three movies, eh?
Kind of seems that way.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:27 PM   #210
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Maybe just a cameo. Depends how he’s portrayed like if it’s a flashback or something. The speculation is that John died so maybe they just show when it happened.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:30 AM   #211
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:

Nice to see Tim Miller stand up to misogynists by hiring a repeated domestic abuser.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #212
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Nice to see Tim Miller stand up to misogynists by hiring a repeated domestic abuser.
Really? Convicted?
Old 07-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #213
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Their private life should not concern you, just the character they play.

Not that I condone domestic abuse but he'll eventually get his if it's true. If not, leave John Connor alone.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #214
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A little bit of research, doesn't seem like he was actually convicted of any domestic abuse. Accused 3 times.

Now, I 100% sympathize. I can attest to crazy women out there (and Furlong strikes me as the sort that keeps their company) that call the cops over nothing. My ex-wife came home in a bad mood one day at 6 PM and insisted I turn off the sound system of my computer because she was going to bed out of the blue. I didn't do so and she got loud and beligerent, called the cops in front of me and did like a 10 minutes bit of theater, feigning screaming and being smacked around. It was very bizarre, but I ended up in jail for the weekend. Wasn't convicted, of course, because I didn't do anything.

A few other times she would call the cops when I wouldn't "get out!" after arguments. Nasty stuff.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #215
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Going forward, I will no longer support Tim Miller.

I won't EVER watch/view material that was created by someone who tolerated domestic violence/abuse.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #216
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

I won't EVER watch/view material that was created by someone who tolerated domestic violence/abuse.
Jesus Christ you really are a ****ing snowflake. Did you not read what Andrew posted ACCUSED aka not actually convicted of anything but in your woke SJW Mind Accused is the same as being convicted

Also nobody gives a rats ass if you support them or not

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-21-2019 at 05:20 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #217
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm glad they are bringing Furlong back for the role, hoping he's in the movie for a good chunk of it, not just a 30 seconds cameo at the start before being killed by the robots and activating his mother's rage mode.
I hope Furlong can get back in shape a little and put his career back on tracks for a while.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:43 AM   #218
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Well the movie wrapped before and there was an interview with him talking about his thoughts on Dark Fate which he was not involved in until this news.

Other than a flashback where he dies the only thing I think of is he faked his death and joins Ramos at the very end in a cameo after they’ve “won” and they set off to prepare for whatever comes next.

I’m guessing his role must be very small.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:28 AM   #219
Sumac
Banned

Quote:

Good.
What else?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #220
Skinrash
Thug

Quote:

Are you going to avoid everything Harvey Weinstein worked on to? Cause that's a lot of popular and critically appraised movies you'll be missing out on then.
Skinrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female