The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-17-2021, 02:04 AM   #121
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Re-watching and re-enjoying these. Halfway through season 1 again... and wait a minute here. Why is everyone thinking Frank Castle is dead, exactly? Did I miss something? Frank Castle came back from the dead to become the Punisher in Daredevil season 2, then had "the trial of the century" and became a media icon... then he went to prison and basically "snuck out" (Kingpin arranged his quiet exit). So as far as anyone would guess, he's just out there on the loose... no?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:44 PM   #122
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Jon Bernthal not interested in returning as Punisher unless it has the same darkness as the Netflix series:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/punis...gs.6dcb.hti086

Given his eagerness to return to it in the past, this sorta makes me think maybe they did offer him something a little bit light/jokey.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:45 AM   #123
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Jon Bernthal not interested in returning as Punisher unless it has the same darkness as the Netflix series:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/punis...gs.6dcb.hti086

Given his eagerness to return to it in the past, this sorta makes me think maybe they did offer him something a little bit light/jokey.
Or he hasn't been offered anything yet so he mentions this to save face as if he would only do it given certain conditions in case they recast, so he doesn't look like a fool that couldn't get the role
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 11:17 PM   #124
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Or he hasn't been offered anything yet so he mentions this to save face as if he would only do it given certain conditions in case they recast, so he doesn't look like a fool that couldn't get the role
Knowing Disney, this is highly unlikely. I can definitely see Disney approaching Bernthal for the Punisher but letting him know they will make it more light hearted like the first Iron-Man instead of dark and gritty. And Bernthal has a pretty good grasp on what makes the Punisher tick.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:40 AM   #125
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Knowing Disney, this is highly unlikely. I can definitely see Disney approaching Bernthal for the Punisher but letting him know they will make it more light hearted like the first Iron-Man instead of dark and gritty. And Bernthal has a pretty good grasp on what makes the Punisher tick.
Definitely. I suspect they "felt him out" about things recently and probably offered him some neutered role in like "Moon Knight" or something and he balked at it.

I don't know why it has to be such a big deal now. They should have just had Bernthal "re-intro" as Punisher in the final battle in Endgame... machine gunning away members of Thanos' army. I'd have flipped out if I saw that.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:53 AM   #126
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Re-watching and re-enjoying these. Halfway through season 1 again... and wait a minute here. Why is everyone thinking Frank Castle is dead, exactly? Did I miss something? Frank Castle came back from the dead to become the Punisher in Daredevil season 2, then had "the trial of the century" and became a media icon... then he went to prison and basically "snuck out" (Kingpin arranged his quiet exit). So as far as anyone would guess, he's just out there on the loose... no?
Exactly what I was thinking. I guess maybe the characters on Punisher don’t watch TV or read the papers because the trial was national coverage and everybody should know that he was alive.

That or they juggled going backwards in the series by acting like this show would be it’s own entity with no connection to what took place in Daredevil but also going forward a bit by connecting it by having Karen in a few episodes.

Still, yeah, doesn’t make any sense how everyone thought he was dead.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #127
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

He supposedly dies when the ship he was on exploded or whatever in Daredevil. Pretty major event, people.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 01:16 AM   #128
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This this better be true:

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/jon-b...r-series-hulu/
Old 02-16-2022, 05:12 AM   #129
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Please make this happen! I really want to see The Slavers story arc brought to life!

Last edited by joe-eyeball; 02-16-2022 at 12:56 PM.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:44 AM   #130
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
Please make this happen! I really want to The Slavers story arc brought to life!
The article was updated with confirmation. Good, because he made an awesome Punisher/Castle!!
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote