The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What Caused the Apocalyptic Future
Another Alien Invasion 8 40.00%
World War/Nuclear War 1 5.00%
Terrorist Attack 0 0%
An Asteroid hitting Earth 2 10.00%
Natural Disasters (Earthquake, Volcano Eruption ect) 1 5.00%
Global Warming (Ice Caps Melting Causing Flooding ect) 5 25.00%
The Sun (Solar Flares hitting Earth) 0 0%
Zombie Invasion 1 5.00%
Other 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Don't you guys think everyone dying is too depressing for a kids show? Just think of the children who grew up with this show, seeing everyone dead at the end?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #42
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't you guys think everyone dying is too depressing for a kids show? Just think of the children who grew up with this show, seeing everyone dead at the end?
I expect it depends how it's handled. We see the the turtles have died and then the next minute we see them being reunited with Splinter in the afterlife so it will be a happy/sad ending.

If Nickelodeon do get a lot of complaints then they probably wouldn't give a damn anyway because of the new show coming out next year.

Last edited by Vicky82; 08-09-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #43
JH24
Hench Mutant

I honestly don't know how I would feel about everyone dying, that would be so depressing. After following this series for years, and getting attached to the main characters, I think it would break my heart.

Storywise it could make for a powerful impact. Especially if they have some kind of heroic last stand or sacrifice.

Personally I would like seeing the turtles, April, Casey and their closest friends together, riding off into the sunset.

I find it a bit scary thinking who might still be alive at the end of the series.

Last edited by JH24; 08-09-2017 at 04:05 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest the death of everyone will tie up all the loose plot threads of the series. Mutagen Man never de-mutated? Well, he died instead!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #45
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I expect it depends how it's handled. We see the the turtles have died and then the next minute we see them being reunited with Splinter in the afterlife so it will be a happy/sad ending.

If Nickelodeon do get a lot of complaints then they probably wouldn't give a damn anyway because of the new show coming out next year.
Yes, if it happens later, less people care.

*First Nickelodeon wanted Splinter dead from the start (not sure if it was killed)
*When the idea was given up, Nickelodeon killed Splinter during late-season 3, only to restore him with time travel.
*Then Nickelodeon killed him for good during late-season 4, by airing the episode in South Korea first.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #46
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
To be honest the death of everyone will tie up all the loose plot threads of the series. Mutagen Man never de-mutated? Well, he died instead!

Yeah and that we don't know what happened to April's Mum. Well, if April dies then we see her being reunited with her (and Kirby) in the afterlife.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #47
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster and Cheaper View Post
From a purely selfish point of view I hope not.
What do you mean? Do you really want so long breaks?
Old 08-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #48
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What do you mean? Do you really want so long breaks?
Oh no I meant that I hope they air it sooner since Cubed mentioned that he could see it being delayed til 2018. What I meant is I hope it airs sooner so I can use the last episode I worked on for my demo reel. I did some good work on that last episode, we all did considering the limitations we got into that I'll elaborate when they air it. I hated the delays like everyone else, no one disliked the delays more than the people who worked on it since we didn't understand it either.

And I never said everyone dies . I just think most people will be surprised where they go with it.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #49
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Barry Allen messed with the timeline again
Justice League Flashpoint Paradox might just be my favorite DC Universe DTV movie.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

It is quite possible we might not get the last arc this year.

For one thing we're going on another rerun break after the toddler Turtles ep airs. Then after that we know the Monster Arc is planned to air around October for Halloween. The 3-part Original cartoon Turtle crossover is coming out on DVD in September but we have no idea when it'll air on TV.

Then after all that...we'll probably be in December. So unless the last 3-parter airs in December, I can see them holding it over till early 2018.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:33 AM   #51
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I destroyed the world with my demon army and Kavaxas! That what caused the apocalyptic future!
Old 08-10-2017, 05:10 AM   #52
Overlord

Nickelodeon

Quote:
Then after all that...we'll probably be in December. So unless the last 3-parter airs in December, I can see them holding it over till early 2018.
Nickelodeon usually don't air new episodes between late-November and mid-January, so I see no point of hoping for episodes around that time. Maybe February 2018.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:47 AM   #53
newfan
Mad Scientist

I wouldn't be in a hurry to watch everyone die. I don't think that would happen though, well it would if they wanted to show that but then something would probably happen to re-set the timeline.

Last edited by newfan; 08-10-2017 at 10:01 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:31 AM   #54
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Didn't say Nickeolodeon/TMNT official social websites that they will end the show by the end of this year? Probably they will make an exception and release the last arcs for november-december.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #55
Vicky82
Emperor

I wonder if the final will be shown as a 3 part episode or just air it all in one day like a hour and half special.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #56
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:

For one thing we're going on another rerun break after the toddler Turtles ep airs. Then after that we know the Monster Arc is planned to air around October for Halloween. The 3-part Original cartoon Turtle crossover is coming out on DVD in September but we have no idea when it'll air on TV.
If the DVD for it said "catch the episodes two months or early" or something to that extent, I'd think November, probably before Thanksgiving.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:05 PM   #57
Overlord

Nickeolodeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
Didn't say Nickeolodeon/TMNT official social websites that they will end the show by the end of this year? Probably they will make an exception and release the last arcs for november-december.
Nickeolodeon can do what they wont. They've probably broken many promises before.

Tags
cybercucked2darkofthemoon, lol