neatoman
Emperor

Also science fantasy steroids:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #62
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I think the present evil roided out version of Bane (along with B:TAS's "I will break you!" version) are meant to parody the 90's extreeeme 'guns, leather, violence and blood' thing people preceive was going on back then. Some may see Bane as a poster boy for the 'grim and gritty' excesses of that era, since he was created in the heart of it.

Personally, my favorite version of Bane was the luchador drug dealer from the 'Young Justice' series

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:55 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Some may see Bane as a poster boy for the 'grim and gritty' excesses of that era, since he was created in the heart of it.
I guess. But that's not what he is at all.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batm...sue-1?id=75537

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batm...sue-2?id=75538
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #64
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I think the present evil roided out version of Bane (along with B:TAS's "I will break you!" version) are meant to parody the 90's extreeeme 'guns, leather, violence and blood' thing people preceive was going on back then. Some may see Bane as a poster boy for the 'grim and gritty' excesses of that era, since he was created in the heart of it.

Personally, my favorite version of Bane was the luchador drug dealer from the 'Young Justice' series
I know Bane is the ultimate combination of brain and brawn, but its hard to not think of him as the ultimate stooge and question his capability without venom.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:14 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I know Bane is the ultimate combination of brain and brawn, but its hard to not think of him as the ultimate stooge and question his capability without venom.
You don't need to question his capability without venom, we've seen him without venom and he's fine.

He broke his addiction to it in "Vengeance of Bane II." "Legacy," "Bane of the Demon," when he proved himself to Ra's al Ghul (to a point where Ra's looked at him as Batman's equal) and took Talia as his woman with his blessing... all of this was post-venom addiction.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #66
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Why not both? "Suddenly, there’s a new gang boss in New York and he’s out to unite all the other bad guys under him" Hun doesn't have any smart guys working for him and Stockman doesn't have too many strong dudes working for him so combining their forces would be a great idea

but it will probably just be Bebop and Rocksteady because nostalgia sells
bc I already explained haha. Like I said its redundant. They are very similar (especially IDW Hun) It would be just like having two of the same characters imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why?

That might make sense. There's been at least one time I know that Bane has tried to create an "improved" venom.

I guess with some form of the mutagen, he could try and find a way to mutate himself to his full-on venom state, permanently, so that he doesn't need the drug anymore.
Yeah this is a good idea and is what I would like to see.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #67
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
You don't need to question his capability without venom, we've seen him without venom and he's fine.

He broke his addiction to it in "Vengeance of Bane II." "Legacy," "Bane of the Demon," when he proved himself to Ra's al Ghul (to a point where Ra's looked at him as Batman's equal) and took Talia as his woman with his blessing... all of this was post-venom addiction.
I think its the other media influence as far as thinking of him as brawn though drug induced brawn. Its like how Killer Croc was a master manipulator and criminal kingpin in his introduction arc. In his third story he began to devolve into a brutish monster. Bane's strength was actually measured early in Bane's existence by breaking Killer Croc's arms.

As far as reading Bane featured comics, I have only really read Vengeance of Bane and Legacy.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:18 PM   #68
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:

True, but that's focusing solely on bane from a few series. Since then in the source martial he's; murdered Judomaster and enjoyed killing him just for the fun of it ('I am bane, I break people'), trying to kill the first hourman and turn his son into a drug dealer just because miraclo was the basis of venom (even though it was other people who twisted Rex's work), goes on and off of Venom as the story requires it (meaning he's still an addict), and in one story was actively was selling venom to drug dealers around the world. Bane may have his 'noble' moments, but he's just another evil psycho who justifies his actions like the rest of DC super villains

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:24 PM   #69
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Since then in the source martial he's; murdered Judomaster and enjoyed killing him just for the fun of it ('I am bane, I break people'),
That was Geoff "The Hackman" Johns in Infinite Crisis. He's never even read any Bane comics and he didn't even know the character had been off venom for years at that point.

Quote:
trying to kill the first hourman and turn his son into a drug dealer just because miraclo was the basis of venom (even though it was other people who twisted Rex's work),
That wasn't a terrible story. A little bit of damage control for the bit of random poo Geoff slung at the wall in Infinite Crisis on one of his vaunted double splash pages or whatever.

Quote:
goes on and off of Venom as the story requires it (meaning he's still an addict), and in one story was actively was selling venom to drug dealers around the world. Bane may have his 'noble' moments, but he's just another evil psycho who justifies his actions like the rest of DC super villains
It's true, there is at least a few stories where it's an up and coming artist/writer that hits the Batman scene and goes, "I want to do BANE because Bane is COOL and broke the BAT! And he uses VENOM which makes him SUUUUPER STROOOOONG!" and they do these stories and they're almost immediately forgotten about.

Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan (Bane's creators) are doing their own damage control -- right now -- on "Bane: Conquest" and it's pretty freaking amazing. If TMNT/Batman II ends up being "LameBane" then it would sadden me that while Chuck and Graham are doing their big damage control/rebuilding Bane story, simultaneously others are tearing him back down on the sidelines.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:01 AM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how much profits are shared between DC and IDW for stuff like this? The mere fact that DC keeps coming back to IDW to do more Batman crossovers (this is the third one after the Nick TMNT crossover) says a lot.

I'm honestly surprised because it feels like we keep getting one new Batman crossover after another.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #71
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I hope that all these Batman crossovers are successful enough for them to consider doing an animated crossover special on DVD.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:17 AM   #72
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I hope that all these Batman crossovers are successful enough for them to consider doing an animated crossover special on DVD.
i've been really hoping for this myself!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:29 AM   #73
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i've been really hoping for this myself!
I guess the only issue is what iterations of Batman and TMNT would they use? Is there a Batman cartoon currently airing? And I've never been satisfield with a TMNT show thus far.

I think it would be awesome if they brought back the Batman: The Animated Series team but then just did a version of the TMNT inspired by the IDW Turtles.

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 11-20-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #74
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
I guess the only issue is what iterations of Batman and TMNT would they use? Is there a Batman cartoon currently airing? And I've never been satisfield with a TMNT thus far.

I think it would be awesome if they brought back the Batman: The Animated Series team but then just did a version of the TMNT inspired by the IDW Turtles.
i'd definitely like to see an IDW influenced set of Ninja Turtles.
something similar to what we saw in the cut-scenes of Mutants in Manhattan but in 2D animation.

i wouldn't mind a more modern take on Batman visually, but it'd be nice if they got Kevin Conroy to voice him.

i'm not particularly crazy about the voice actor they picked as Batman for the current line of DC animated films.
he just sounds droll and monotone.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder how much profits are shared between DC and IDW for stuff like this? The mere fact that DC keeps coming back to IDW to do more Batman crossovers (this is the third one after the Nick TMNT crossover) says a lot.

I'm honestly surprised because it feels like we keep getting one new Batman crossover after another.
Probably IDW gets all of the profit (they're the ones producing it) and DC gets a flat licensing fee or a nominal backend %... and plus non-Batman fans hopefully start reading Batman.

Something like that is probably what's going on.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #76
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

New cover:

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #77
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
>Bebop and Rocksteady is Bane's team-up
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

Looks like another one of those big thunderdome fighting arenas where all the characters are forced to fight. Maybe I'm wrong but the way the stands are there seemingly in a circular pattern watching a center stage makes it seem like that. Hope the whole story isn't about a tournament or something.

April looking like she's going to fight too seems a bit strange, I don't think of IDW April much as a fighter. This will also be the first time we see Bebop/Rocksteady again since the Destroy Everything mini, it's been a long time since their last appearance.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #79
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
>Bebop and Rocksteady is Bane's team-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Looks like another one of those big thunderdome fighting arenas where all the characters are forced to fight. Maybe I'm wrong but the way the stands are there seemingly in a circular pattern watching a center stage makes it seem like that. Hope the whole story isn't about a tournament or something.

April looking like she's going to fight too seems a bit strange, I don't think of IDW April much as a fighter. This will also be the first time we see Bebop/Rocksteady again since the Destroy Everything mini, it's been a long time since their last appearance.
Remember, it wasn't canon last time and it won't be canon this time either, most likely. It's basically an Elseworlds/What If? type situation where the IDW TMNT did in fact meet Batman and apparently April is a more adept fighter. Or maybe she just gets thrown into some gauntlet with Casey and the Turtles by virtue of being guilty by association?
Old 10-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #80
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
April is a more adept fighter. Or maybe she just gets thrown into some gauntlet with Casey and the Turtles by virtue of being guilty by association?
Seems like they should have at least given her some kind of weapon though. Maybe she gets mutated or some other source of power?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote