Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:53 AM   #2221
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
I read back, and was wondering: awaiting the 2012 show the dromers were far more optimistic, then now awaiting the 2018 show. You had the same no info about it, and still you were more optimistic... why is that? What happened to the franchise that makes us cautious?

Was perhaps the 2012 show a disappointment?

Or contrary: did you love the 2012 show so much, that you think the new show can be only worse?

Ooor: the PD movies made you unsure that Viacom can handle the franchise well enough?
I wasn't here then but I'd take a guess it might be a mixture of the above ...also maybe the shorter gap this time between shows and that this show has been described as 'younger' even though we don't know exactly was was meant by that (just less dark or actually a younger age group)
Old 01-15-2018, 12:58 AM   #2222
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It is because they know that i will kill Splinter again that why they are angry. i did it for first time on the Nick show and from now i will be killing him on evry show. That why those who hate me and my foot ninjas are complaining!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:03 AM   #2223
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
It is because they know that i will kill Splinter again that why they are angry. i did it for first time on the Nick show and from now i will be killing him on evry show. That why those who hate me and my foot ninjas are complaining!
Dude, what part of "lighter and more kid-friendly" do you not understand? They won't kill anyone off on a strictly kids' show.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:57 AM   #2224
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I wasn't here then but I'd take a guess it might be a mixture of the above ...also maybe the shorter gap this time between shows and that this show has been described as 'younger' even though we don't know exactly was was meant by that (just less dark or actually a younger age group)
That gives me the best punchliune for something I tought over.

Why have they chosen the title: "Rise of the TMNT"?

That really seems to me like a title for a "prequel" of some kind. A "leading up" for something else. The Turtles before they face the big challenges. Perhaps pre-teen Turtles adventures...

It's possible that they keep this title only for one season, and then comes a "regular" TMNT show.

But it's also possible, that they keep the title for this show, and make a comedic, episodic show with some almost pre-teen Turtles. And later paralel to that they launch a regular TMNT show with the adventures of the older turtles - OR: the same could happen that these adventures came to the cinemas. Prequel-show on the TV, and a more mature follow up in the movies.

It's just a possibility, nothing more. But I'm sure, the title has to mean something in a marketing viewpoint. Nick/Viacom wants to do something with that.

Perhaps something we won't like, but they sure have a plan.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:05 AM   #2225
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That gives me the best punchliune for something I tought over.

Why have they chosen the title: "Rise of the TMNT"?

That really seems to me like a title for a "prequel" of some kind. A "leading up" for something else. The Turtles before they face the big challenges. Perhaps pre-teen Turtles adventures...

It's possible that they keep this title only for one season, and then comes a "regular" TMNT show.

But it's also possible, that they keep the title for this show, and make a comedic, episodic show with some almost pre-teen Turtles. And later paralel to that they launch a regular TMNT show with the adventures of the older turtles - OR: the same could happen that these adventures came to the cinemas. Prequel-show on the TV, and a more mature follow up in the movies.

It's just a possibility, nothing more. But I'm sure, the title has to mean something in a marketing viewpoint. Nick/Viacom wants to do something with that.

Perhaps something we won't like, but they sure have a plan.
The first 2 eps of the 2012 show were called Rise also and started with them not yet going out into the city but I see your point, this whole show has that title,what if it is a bit before that. (are they always 15ish guys?)
Saying that, Raph is already leader so not sure. From the very little we know I just get the feeling the origin story is coming from a different point.

Last edited by newfan; 01-15-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #2226
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

People don't have to like something (or have to dislike something on the other hand) and they can give their opinion, it
most sane people realize this.

as for these new shows, i don't trust nick to have a coherent vision. it's all over the place, with distorted 80s show looks everywhere.

no one seems to know what they want any one version to be.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #2227
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
most sane people realize this.

as for these new shows, i don't trust nick to have a coherent vision. it's all over the place, with distorted 80s show looks everywhere.

no one seems to know what they want any one version to be.
LOL, what on earth? Both the 2012 and 2018 series know exactly what they want to be, that's why the 2018 version is making all these changes and making it mystic based, etc.

How does it not know what it wants to be when this series is going in a blatant direction different than anything before it? The writers have to come up with these ideas in the first place.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:49 AM   #2228
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
I read back, and was wondering: awaiting the 2012 show the dromers were far more optimistic, then now awaiting the 2018 show. You had the same no info about it, and still you were more optimistic... why is that? What happened to the franchise that makes us cautious?

Was perhaps the 2012 show a disappointment?

Or contrary: did you love the 2012 show so much, that you think the new show can be only worse?

Ooor: the PD movies made you unsure that Viacom can handle the franchise well enough?
We were all optimistic because the franchise seemed dead for the forseable future and we were now sure we would get a new movie and tv show. Also remember Laird controlled TMNT so we were not going to get any more OT influences which many love. Ironically enough many of us want less OT influences now.

Also before release they used all the magic words "it'll be like Mirage", the early concept art looked amazing, the logo was mirage inspired, everyone who was invited to the "mutation in progress" fan sneak peak said it was amazing which includes many dromers. We were getting a new show that was going to be amazing.

The 2012 show was a bit of disappointment for me, I don't hate it but I did expect a lot more from it. I also don't trust Viacom with the franchise they most likely keep it kid friendly and shelve it forever if they want. With that said I'm looking forward to Rise, I don't think it'll be successful but these type of reboots immediately after a long series have never worked in any franchise, it's no different than The Next Mutation. People will judge without giving it a chance at a different take.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:04 AM   #2229
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How about when the Dragonlord kicked your ass and you became a hobo for the rest of the show ?
I thought it was Venus who kicked his ass?
Old 01-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #2230
victory_angel
Foot Elite

To quote the Nostalgia Critic and Angry Video Game Nerd in their video about the 2014 movie.

“Look at all the ideas that have lasted over the years, like Batman or Super Man, there are so many versions because the ideas struck a cord with people.
Do we think Ninja Turtles would do the same? It already is! There’s so many variations of it, its like Alice in Wonderland or Christmas Carol everybody has their own interpritation of it. Maybe that’s the best way to look at it...its stupid and kind of manipulative. But it’s not the final word in the franchise, it’s just another version. There will be tons of different varieties to come in the future all of them with silly, over the top moments, but that’s part of what we loved about them in the first place. Just say the name “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” it’s a goofy idea and always will be. Some versions get more wrong then others, but that’s part of the fun too, comparing them. April can be a grown woman, or a fifteen year old girl, or a...fifteen year old girl, but they are always trying something new while staying true to what was so crazy about the original. It’s not the untouched perfection that makes it last, it’s the constantly interpritation of other artists.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #2231
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
But it’s not the final word in the franchise, it’s just another version.
Pretty much as I'm trying to look at it... Lets just get any stupid stuff out of the way now so better ones won't do the same later. (Lazy changes just to be different should be beneath most though, and it's a shame it isn't beneath this one.) Just sad at how far away another better show may be...

Quote:
Given how soon this show followed 2012, which could have had another tales series or at least 26 eps in season 5 before moving on, it does seem like the was hurried off for in favour of this one. (there was plenty of time to wait a bit longer)
That being said, you can look on the other hand, the show had it's planned 5 years and they wanted to continue with something.
I'm kind of wondering if maybe the 5-year mark is just an industry average for when people are known to start getting bored with something (?) and they chose to jump on a new show this quick while the Nick TMNT love is still there.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #2232
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I love their review of the 2014 movie, more than the actual film wasn't a huge fan of their Out of the Shadows review though.

Speaking of Rise, I had this weird dream where the DVDs of Rise of the Tmnt's first few episodes got leaked into stores, somehow before the concept art was released. I scrolled through the Nick section of the drome, where the most famous members like Jester, Powder and CyberCubed were all praising the new show and loving it more than all 3 cartoons combined. Oddly enough there were no video clips or screenshots. Many dromers stated that Nick allowed the sale of early DVDs but strictly policed and prohibited any leaked footage, removing it instantly. I knew had to get this, so I want to my local store and there you go, Rise was on there. Strangely however, no concept art on the DVD box, no nothing. Just the logo and a pure black background. I bought the DVD for a measly $2, headed home, and almost played it on my computer before my dream ended and I woke up.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #2233
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The 2012 show was a bit of disappointment for me, I don't hate it but I did expect a lot more from it.
It's not a problem that they always want to have a TMNT children's cartoon always on the air, with toys and whatnot... it's a problem that they're unwilling to let any other facet of TMNT be anything but children's fare and doing things like stopping IDW from letting the TMNT kill. There is no longer anything for kid TMNT fans to outgrow TMNT cartoons into... it's all the same.

"Rise of the TMNT," who even cares? It's just going to be the same OT pieces shuffled around differently on the same board, with some different spices. I wonder what the new Bebop and Rocksteady origin will be?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #2234
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew ndb View Post
i wonder what the new bebop and rocksteady origin will be?
one of us... One of us one of us!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:40 PM   #2235
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
Dude, what part of "lighter and more kid-friendly" do you not understand? They won't kill anyone off on a strictly kids' show.
But do you beleive that it will be as kid friendly as 1987 show. No it wont. It will be at least as serious as 2003 show is.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #2236
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

At least as serious as 2003? How...

At this point, I feel like that would require Netflix or some other channel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I love their review of the 2014 movie, more than the actual film wasn't a huge fan of their Out of the Shadows review though.

Speaking of Rise, I had this weird dream where the DVDs of Rise of the Tmnt's first few episodes got leaked into stores, somehow before the concept art was released. I scrolled through the Nick section of the drome, where the most famous members like Jester, Powder and CyberCubed were all praising the new show and loving it more than all 3 cartoons combined. Oddly enough there were no video clips or screenshots. Many dromers stated that Nick allowed the sale of early DVDs but strictly policed and prohibited any leaked footage, removing it instantly. I knew had to get this, so I want to my local store and there you go, Rise was on there. Strangely however, no concept art on the DVD box, no nothing. Just the logo and a pure black background. I bought the DVD for a measly $2, headed home, and almost played it on my computer before my dream ended and I woke up.
Darn. You definitely need to dream the continuation sequel to this tonight and let us know what is on it. lol
Old 01-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #2237
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Darn. You definitely need to dream the continuation sequel to this tonight and let us know what is on it. lol
I dunno, those DVDs in the store all looked pretty bootleggy lol. But that didn't explain the positive reaction of all the dromers in my dream, so it couldn't have just been some sick April Fools joke.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #2238
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
one of us... One of us one of us!!!!!!!
I will tell you! They are normal animal who i took from a zoo and then mutate them!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #2239
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
At least as serious as 2003? How...

At this point, I feel like that would require Netflix or some other channel...

how? With me being a utrom again and destroying baxter body? Or me going out with guns and killling all mafia and then cut off their heads!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #2240
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I will tell you! They are normal animal who i took from a zoo and then mutate them!
Honestly, that's probably what they should go with, if they really feel compelled to have them around that is.
Hahahaha!
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters