The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 09:24 AM   #141
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

By the time the Ultimate Edition comes out, you will have a hard time in online multiplayer matches, cause by then, people would have gotten so good in this game, that you won't have a chance at winning any matches, and I suck at fighting games in general, I don't have those quick reflexes, or able to anticipate a move.

a game like this is better off with playing with people in the same room, but many of us don't have people to play video games around with, so online is the only option.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #142
CyberCubed
Overlord

I rarely play online anyway, just content with playing the single player or with real people locally.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #143
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Another thing to consider, is these DLC characters are not added to the game's single player story, so those hoping to see some TMNT in the single player, not gonna happen, they are only for vs mode.

What I can see happening is the TMNT would be avialable in those Ladder matches, so if you beat the final boss in that, you would get the TMNT's ending.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #144
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Another thing to consider, is these DLC characters are not added to the game's single player story, so those hoping to see some TMNT in the single player, not gonna happen, they are only for vs mode.
Ah, well... Now I'm not interested in the game anymore
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #145
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Ah, well... Now I'm not interested in the game anymore
But I think you can play as them on the Ladder matches, you will get there ending, if you defeat the final boss in those matches.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #146
Sumac
Banned

Quote:

What I can see happening is the TMNT would be avialable in those Ladder matches, so if you beat the final boss in that, you would get the TMNT's ending.
DLC characters have their own arcade ladders with arcade endings.

Sub-Zero Arcade Ladder.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #147
Ninjinister
無問題

Yeah there is no reason for the Turtles to not only have their own arcade mode, but the other multiverses as well. I can almost guarantee at least the week of release there will be a multiverse mode for getting new Turtles gear.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:23 PM   #148
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
By the time the Ultimate Edition comes out, you will have a hard time in online multiplayer matches, cause by then, people would have gotten so good in this game, that you won't have a chance at winning any matches, and I suck at fighting games in general, I don't have those quick reflexes, or able to anticipate a move.

a game like this is better off with playing with people in the same room, but many of us don't have people to play video games around with, so online is the only option.
Eh, I either adapt or get lucky. But whenever my bro come over, we usually spend all night just duking it out with fighting games. So seeing his face whenever the Turtles just randomly appear in such a game will be worth it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #149
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I wonder if the turtles will join the Regime or the Insurgency, I can see them sort of splitting with Leo/Don joining the Regime and Raph/Mikey joining the Insurgency
Old 11-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #150
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

So what is the basic storyline in Injustice? I know it's something like "Superman turns evil, something, something".

Anyone care to sum it up?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #151
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
So what is the basic storyline in Injustice? I know it's something like "Superman turns evil, something, something".

Anyone care to sum it up?
Well in the first Injustice, Joker had a plan that resulted in Superman killing Lois Lane(who was pregnant with his child) and pretty much nuked Metropolis killing millions which also resulted in the deaths of some DC heroes like Beast boy and Starfire. As a result Superman killed the Joker and brought in the Regime which resulted in a 5 year war with Batman's team and Superman's Regime. In order to win the war Batman brought people from an alternate earth where there was no Regime and brought back good versions of the Regime members to combat them.

In the second its pretty much the aftermath with every Regime member except for Flash/Green Lantern, either being imprisoned or hiding however the society is making an uprising and if thats not bad enough Brainic is coming to destroy the planet and trap certain cities in jars.

If you are a fan of Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Superman, Damian Wayne, and don't care much for Bat wanking then you aren't going to enjoy the plot to the game

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-24-2017 at 10:25 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:36 AM   #152
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Yeah there is no reason for the Turtles to not only have their own arcade mode, but the other multiverses as well. I can almost guarantee at least the week of release there will be a multiverse mode for getting new Turtles gear.
That's what I'm pumped on!

As I may have mentioned before, this game wasn't on my radar at all earlier this year and I ended up renting it the weekend of the TMNT announcement and falling in love with it. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the potential of how the Turtles are going to play and seeing them within this fighting game realm.

I certainly hope they do another Fighter Pack into the next year, but I'm sure they're more focused on Mortal Kombat 11 at this point.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:16 AM   #153
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I certainly hope they do another Fighter Pack into the next year, but I'm sure they're more focused on Mortal Kombat 11 at this point.
If their work cycle is the same as before, then we most likely won't get a new Fighter Pack.
Besides, it seems they like to finish their packs with experimental, "many characters in one" type of thing.

In MKX the last character was Triborg who was basically Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero in one. In I2 it is TMNT who are also 4 characters in one.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:55 AM   #154
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
If their work cycle is the same as before, then we most likely won't get a new Fighter Pack.
Besides, it seems they like to finish their packs with experimental, "many characters in one" type of thing.

In MKX the last character was Triborg who was basically Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero in one. In I2 it is TMNT who are also 4 characters in one.
Yeah... i mean they're kinda running out of characters to use. Anyone else is better reserved for an injustice 3.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #155
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
That's what I'm pumped on!
Since Injustice 2 did sell a lot and doesn't really need the sales, I am hoping that the Turtles will move units and NetherRealm realizes it was a good idea
Old 11-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #156
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Our very own Peanut bought the game as soon as he heard the announcement.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #157
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah... i mean they're kinda running out of characters to use. Anyone else is better reserved for an injustice 3.
If you mean guests, than yeah, it's hard to see what kind of new characters they can bring to the table, aside from bringing some characters from the side and D-listers.
Heck, it can be argued, that TMNT are characters from the side.

I more interested what characters will appear as guests in MK11.
Unless they add some of them to base roster, than I think, NRS already has run out of famous cinematic monsters.
Jason, Freddy, Predator, Alien - you can't get higher than that. And I don't think some characters like Leatherface will move DLC units.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #158
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I more interested what characters will appear as guests in MK11.
Unless they add some of them to base roster, than I think, NRS already has run out of famous cinematic monsters.
Jason, Freddy, Predator, Alien - you can't get higher than that. And I don't think some characters like Leatherface will move DLC units.
The leprechaun from the Leprechaun movies would be hilarious
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #159
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think it's obvious the only reason TMNT happened is because the DC/TMNT crossovers from IDW sold so well. Those were the first official TMNT crossovers with DC, and it went so well they have a sequel coming out next year.

So it carried over to the videogames. I wouldn't be surprised if WB are the ones who suggested to Ed Boon and Netherrealm studios to use the TMNT.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #160
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think it's obvious the only reason TMNT happened is because the DC/TMNT crossovers from IDW sold so well. Those were the first official TMNT crossovers with DC, and it went so well they have a sequel coming out next year.

So it carried over to the videogames. I wouldn't be surprised if WB are the ones who suggested to Ed Boon and Netherrealm studios to use the TMNT.
Also WB owns the rights to the 4 TMNT movies they made.

Tags
injustice 2, peanut