The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #41
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I bought an X-Box 360 when Mass Effect came out; the reviews painted it to be the game I always wanted. Couldn't wait to play it. So I bought it and the system when ME was first released.

...Couple years later, I see a poster for Mass Effect 2. Whoa, time flies. I still hadn't even played ME 1! I bought ME:2, and put it on the shelf.

...Couple more years later, I see Mass Effect 3 behind the glass at EB Games. I buy it and go home. That night, I turn on my X-Box and... I had to build a damn profile first. The damn thing sat on my shelf for years before I had even turned it on!

So yeah, my 360 was a regret.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #42
Sumac
Banned

PlayStation 3.
All games that I wanted to have on this system eventually has been released on PC. Played it literally for several weeks and then returned to PC, because, I have become accustomed to its benefits.

Well, at least joy-pad ended up being useful for PC games.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:31 AM   #43
Reinako666
Thug

I regret not buying a console I wanted.
Reinako666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:38 AM   #44
Leo656
The Franchise

I regret buying a (used) Dreamcast ONLY because I let a friend borrow it in short order, then HE let his brother borrow it, and his brother then moved out of state and I never got it back.

Otherwise, no. I may not give each of them the attention they deserve but they're all my babies, from the 2600 to today and hopefully they all know they're loved sincerely.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #45
IMJ
Emperor

I bought an X-Box One S when it first came out. I am a PS guy, but I bought the S basically solely for the 4k player at the time. I used it twice, hated the player and never cared for the Xbox outside of that. Wound up buying an Oppo UDP-203 and the X-Box wound up sitting, basically MIB for the last 3.5 years. I'd have regret buying it, but I recently gave it to my step daughter. It's gotten some major use since the lockdown started and so I guess in hindsight it turned out to be money well spent.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #46
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I bought an X-Box One S when it first came out. I am a PS guy, but I bought the S basically solely for the 4k player at the time. I used it twice, hated the player and never cared for the Xbox outside of that. Wound up buying an Oppo UDP-203 and the X-Box wound up sitting, basically MIB for the last 3.5 years. I'd have regret buying it, but I recently gave it to my step daughter. It's gotten some major use since the lockdown started and so I guess in hindsight it turned out to be money well spent.
The player was no good, or you just didn't care for 4k?

I haven't owned an X-Box since 360 was in vogue, but I've been tempted to play the last few Halo and Gears games, which are series I used to enjoy. I also love watching 4k's.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:50 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Not really. I can't afford to buy consoles when they're new so by the time the price dropped, they already would have released a large enough library of games that would justify it for me to buy it.

My only possibly regret was not getting the Dreamcast cause I think it was the only console that played the Marvel VS games at the time with the ability to actually tag the characters in and out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote