The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Well... who didn't see THAT coming?
Derp Derp! 20 22.22%
Kraang, does this human suit make Kraang look fat? 13 14.44%
It's a Kraang sweet sixtteen Birthday Party! 36 40.00%
Who else loved Kirby's giant red 'fro? 11 12.22%
Countdown to Kurtzman's mutation in 3.....2...... 10 11.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #61
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
He's one of the head writers of the show, and did some pretty good work on Avengers: EMH, but yeah... He's written the worst episodes of this season for sure.

The very end was awesome, especially with April slicing the heads off of her clones, but the rest left something to be desired.

Kurtzman was interesting, and I got a kick out of his Kraang collage (especially pilgrim Kraang lol), but it was just the tiniest breadcrumb of information about April, and it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I guess they're gonna eventually have her end up with Donnie and they want to set that up, but she isn't so much of a "mutant" as she is half Kraang. Still a freak though lol.
You forgot to say, "she's a super freak. Super freak. She's super freaky", didn't you? lol Seriously though, I agree with the whole bread crumb analogy. I think that was the only negative thing I could think of pertaining to this ep. You guys mention Auman writing this one and not liking the style? Hmm, I guess the possibility of him leaving to work on Angry Birds would solve a bunch of problems then? Granted, we don't know who's leaving yet, but that other show seems like it'd be more up his alley doesn't it? Wanna say he tries a little too hard to be funny. I loved his contributions to Avengers btw. Those Ultron eps were among my favs. When it comes to Turtles, I liked this one and Mutation Sitch. I see he had something to do with Mikey Gets Shellacne as well? Story editing, I think.

Long as they keep this puppy going, I'm good. As for Mikey's welcome to the family thing, I guess I saw it as a way in which he attempted to make April feel better about her situation and less excluded. Granted, he probably could have phrased it better! Liked the bit where he was messing with the droids and April Derp. I was probably the only one besides my bh who found it funny but yeah. Good stuff. He sort of reminds me of Spidy during a fight. Pete is usually scared to death so he results to quipping in order to deal with stress, similar to Mikey in a way. Although Spider-Man is the master of quips during a battle. Mikey's need work! haha He is trying, though. Gotta give him that.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #62
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I really liked this episode. Sure, it wasn't as good as last week's, but at least we know that April's part Kraang. I kind of thought she'd be part Neutrino, but there could be a way that they could still have her be that. Sad to hear about her mom being experimented on though. I wonder if she's still alive, or if she died as a result of all of that after April was born and after the family photo? I think it would be cool if she showed up again. Kurtzman was a good character, and I hope we see more of him later on. April Derp was freaky, but I'm glad that she's not around anymore and that she won't be showing up again. Also, I really liked how April didn't want to be a damsel in distress and wanted to start fighting, but the Turtles had a point in that it takes time to be able to get as skilled as they have been. Still, she was definitely reckless in this one, and I hope we see more with her in the future.

Mikey's comment wasn't insensitive to me, but I think he could have worded it better. Overall, not a bad ep, and I definitely can't wait for next week's for sure.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.

Last edited by BubblyShell22; 02-09-2014 at 03:32 PM.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #63
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I think I'm with the people who think Kurtzman could be a Kraang. After all he said he started investigating the missing scientists the previous year and yet he has nearly a life times worth of information and such in his apartment

My guess the cover story was so the Turtles could trust his if he revealed that he was a Kraang from the get go the Turtles wouldn't have been able to trust him as easily as they did.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #64
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I think I'm with the people who think Kurtzman could be a Kraang. After all he said he started investigating the missing scientists the previous year and yet he has nearly a life times worth of information and such in his apartment

My guess the cover story was so the Turtles could trust his if he revealed that he was a Kraang from the get go the Turtles wouldn't have been able to trust him as easily as they did.
I had that notice before the episode has to how the Kraang would have found them so quickly.

Then when they walked in he was like. "The Kraang...How did they find me?" (HMMM...)
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #65
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Only about 7 minutes in myself, but the action seems tight, but I must say that the Kraang are about as good a shot as Imperial Storm Troopers.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #66
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:

so maybe he's a good kraang?
Old 02-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #67
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Hehe, "welcome to the family."

Also, due to the infamous Spider-man "clone saga" of the 1990s, whenever clones start arguing over who is "real," I just can't help but think one day writers might try to sell the audience on the twist that the heroes chose the wrong candidate way back when.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #68
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Hehe, "welcome to the family."

Also, due to the infamous Spider-man "clone saga" of the 1990s, whenever clones start arguing over who is "real," I just can't help but think one day writers might try to sell the audience on the twist that the heroes chose the wrong candidate way back when.
Though Mikey was being a little insensitive when he said that. It'll be interesting to see how April is going to live with the knowledge that shes not normal.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #69
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
rofl. No, just kinda... don't really wanna see something that gross in a TMNT show. *shrugs*
Suit yourself. I personally feel this is one of the best character designs I've seen in anything, ever.

I mean check out the intricate details here, man. This is Silent Hill level s**t. (Nick just sent out this production art with some fine lookin' nastiness)

Spoiler:
Old 02-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #70
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

How long before people go after the episode for the use of "derp"?

Also that's a lot of violence against April.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

What does derp even mean anyway? Is it some new-age hipster slang that I am not aware of?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #72
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What does derp even mean anyway? Is it some new-age hipster slang that I am not aware of?
You're like ten, homie.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #73
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
it kinda just means...to act stupid....

doing something dumb......

....that's what I thought.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #74
Powder
So tired of this place

Pretty good episode action-wise. I really liked it. But at the same time I find it slightly disappointing because the whole mystery behind April thing was built up for so long and ended up being a somewhat predictable situation. Even so, I'm sure it will make for many great stories in the future. There's definitely more to Kurtzman, interested to see where that will go... Just a bit bummed figuring that next weeks episode prolly won't even have April in it, I'd like to see her struggling to deal with this news up front, rather than later.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've never heard the word "derp" until this character was revealed.

I don't know, I grew up in the 80's and 90's and we didn't have words like this back then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #76
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
A simple, undefined reply when an ignorant comment or action is made. Such as "Duh" and "Derr"
Old 02-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #77
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I don't know, I grew up in the 80's and 90's and we didn't have words like this back then.
You never heard of derpatello?

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #78
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

1- An expression of disdain towards an obvious joke, usually something having to do with slapstick or foolish behavior.

2- To describe a foolish or clumsy individual. One who is blissfully ignorant or unaware of their surroundings.

3- To do something foolish, clumsy, or silly.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #79
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:

You are the oldest young adult I know....

I only bring it up because of the Derpy Hooves micro-controversy, where some seemed to deem "derp" the equivalent of "retard".

Old 02-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #80
MaximeLoonatic
Hench Mutant

Quote:

I bet he is! April's phycic powers can sense the Kraang and their technology; and she detected him!
*Gasp* What if he is a Utrom?!
MaximeLoonatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april, april derp, april o'neil, ciro returns, episode discussion, kraang, nick, ninja turtles, tmnt