The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #21
boosa
Mouser

New tmnt

Hello can I ask at what store are you finding the super shredder tutles?? Thank you
boosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:29 AM   #22
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosa View Post
Hello can I ask at what store are you finding the super shredder tutles?? Thank you
Exclusive to Target.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #23
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDownOnMe23 View Post
I'm not surprised, but Playmates is really dropping the ball on this line...worse than I thought they could even do... 1 new-non turtle figure every few months with tons of turtle variations. I know it's all been said before, but it's frustrating. I'm catching up with the show and there are so many great figures/vehicles that could be made... I guess it's not the 90's anymore either though.

I want a Wyrm figure.
Supposedly Toy Fair is going to be big this year. We'll see about that in a couple months.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #24
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Super Shredder and the newest evil looking turtles are out at Target now. I don't care for Shredder but these new turtles look pretty awesome.
MisterMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:29 PM   #25
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Supposedly Toy Fair is going to be big this year. We'll see about that in a couple months.
Hope Playmates will have the new Foot. I'm kinda excited about the possibility of a figure version...and at least one of the salamander race characters.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #26
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
When not focused on the movies merch a toy line will usually go back to normal.

Only I wish they would actually focus on making bad guy vehicles for the figures. Maybe even a Mutating Shredder Playset like the Leo one. Bad guys gotta have rides and a place to hang as well.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:49 AM   #27
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Well europe seems to be the third world of TMNT figures (that goes for transformers to), stores don't stock them anymore, except for a verry few OOTS figures shelfwarming. We haven't even gotten semi-old figures like Mondo, Bonafrog, any D-X figures, forget about ever finding human Karai or armagon in Sweden... So to me it doesn't mather anymore.

See it as an ill omen, and yes, this will spread.
When a formerly flourishing market (like the one in europe) is abandoned, USA will eventually go down the same path.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:53 AM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I saw a Napoleon once here in Norway, didn't buy him though. That's probably the newest figure I've seen beyond the OotS figures (plus Mystic Turtles and fly Baxter).
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #29
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

These don't move near me as well as they used to. You keep seeing OOTS everywhere because they made too many and retailers are just trying to get them gone and haven't resorted to clearance yet. In fact...interestingly I've never, ever seen a figure from the basic line on clearance anywhere. Either Playmates barred that and just eventually (after a looong time) takes back certain figures or the stores maybe warehouse them (I saw lots of 1st-movie figures thrust back out in a few stores) or just eat the loss and maybe even trash or repurpose them somehow.

International guys...don't fret too much. You were actually the first to get the frogs and some others in that wave and I imported them thinking they may not even be coming to the US and then months later they were everywhere. And honestly that was about the last new stuff before OOTS took over. Also I am in the US and only now have I started to find Karai and Armaggon. I think you will get them soon enough ... OOTS just gummed up the works for awhile.

I do feel the line may be losing momentum. But yet they are also stepping up quality a slight tick. Either trying to regain some ground there or they're not doing as bad as we perceive. Either way I'm in to the end and sometimes secretly hoping that end is near for my own wallet's (and closet's) sake. The OOTS figures were actually pretty cool in some ways so I appreciate them but I am annoyed at how long they are sitting on shelves and getting in the way of the Nick figures.

Turtle variants everywhere but you know what? In retrospect those original goofy variants are the nostalgia sauce...and it honestly kind of feels like ratio-wise we've had less variants than there were by the time the original line had played out. But Playmates needs to get way more novel and creative than just slapping on a zip line and helmet or painting a few dark slashes on. I could stomach reusing molds better if the creativity in accessories or themeing were there. That's why I was excited about the wrestling figs despite not being a wrestling fan...because they're the closest thing to wacky 90s turtles we've gotten yet (LARP and Mystic don't really count since they were actually from the show...but they are fun too). If they could bring that goofiness down to their basic line variants then that would be nice but I guess getting too creative is too expensive for $8.99 these days.

I'm hoping we'll see a head spinning Raph to complete the toon throwbacks...and that ninja action Don/Raph make it out. Only thing worse than too many variants is too many incomplete variant sets!

At the end of the day I think they're doing what they can and things that disappoint most people don't get to me as much. Articulation is hard to complain about both when comparing to the original line and when considering the price point against the current state of the biz. My main complaints are cheaping out on paint and accessories...and not getting creative enough. Their figures are generally more accurate to the show (not in scale obviously) than the original line but that also cuts the other way and makes them a bit less fun as figures.

In for the long haul, hoping to see more creativity and more beloved Nick characters, but also getting that voice in the back of my head asking "is it over yet?"...and part of that voice is linked to how hard it was for me to find Karai...if that continues even after OOTS is gone then I would call it a true sign of impending death.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:44 AM   #30
p.tom
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I think you will get them soon enough ... OOTS just gummed up the works for awhile.
I'm afraid not. They didn't release some of the figures from the first wave in Austria & Germany. Never seen a Nick Rocksteady or Bebop. Can't even find them loose without a packaging here. The last wave released is the Dimension X one. Nothing new since then.
p.tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:20 PM   #31
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I am really ready to see the OOTS figures leave and more new Nick figures come in. I figure maybe after Christmas. I imagine they expect a lot of people to buy the movie and movie figs as gifts.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #32
boosa
Mouser

super shredder turtles

well target stores must be the last ones to know, I have not seen
any here in vegas!!!
boosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #33
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Saw the super shredder turtles at my Target Saturday. They had the ninja kick Mikey and Leo too. Sorry if I got the name wrong on those. They aren't really anything I'm looking at.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #34
DVD
Mad Scientist

Next year, which could also be described as next week

2017 will see the release of the Micro Turtles range.
These look a lot like the old versions. 4 'large ' Turtles, unfold into a range of sets. They look none too bad.
There are also a series of vehicles to go along, for the ride.
HSH get a great looking Safari line, following on from their adventure back in time.

Mine haven't arrived yet (expecting next week). I'll give more info then.

Here's the backs of a couple of the releases.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:03 PM   #35
snake
Disgusting

Dvd, any word on new basic figures?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:19 PM   #36
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Love that they're bringing back the Micro Playsets. I still have a Tokka one from the old line. Also love the wide range of characters they seem to be making in Micro form. I spot Mondo Gecko in the Mikey Playset!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #37
Powder
So tired of this place

Oh wow how cool is that! Those miniatures were some of my all-time favorite toys back in the day, so much fun.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:47 PM   #38
DVD
Mad Scientist

Here are the four Micro sets:

You get Super Shredder with one of the vehicles
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:54 PM   #39
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Awesome Mighty Max style TMNT mini sets love it. Just wish Raph came with Razhar instead of dogpound
Old 12-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #40
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Is there a large animal safari Don HSH set DVD?
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, playmates bashing