The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Uh... dumb that down a notch?
The heart is a soft muscle... squish. 43 46.24%
That is so adorable, and sad. It's... sadorable. 22 23.66%
Kraang is that which is called Idiotic. 22 23.66%
Listen to the silence... find a giant pearly ball thing. :\ 2 2.15%
....did Raph fart on Don in the opening scene? 4 4.30%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #41
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
This was a really great Donnie episode, and one of the best overall episodes in a while! Raph was really mean to Donnie in the beginning, and I loved how Leo and Mikey understand that Donnie doesn't have a chance with April, but don't say anything about it to him like Raph did. I felt really bad for Donnie at the beginning because of what Raph said, but I think it was really cute what Raph did for him in the end Why did Donnie get so worked up over a hug? He's hugged April a few times in the series before this and never fainted Anyway, let's get to my thoughts about the main plot:

Newtrailzer: I don't understand what the hype about him is. He just looks like another freak of the week to me, and the fact that he can't even talk and is just a mindless beast doesn't help matters either. Although him eating the Kraang was very cool, I'm surprised they got away with that. I would like to see why the Newt was attacking the turtles and Kirby though...the fact that he was just trying to kill everyone in sight, including the Kraang, just makes me see him more as a mindless beast.

April: April hearing that noise to the Kraang device was very weird...I assume they'll use that device in the finale somehow. I liked how Splinter was surprised that she could hear something he couldn't, and she said it might be why the Kraang are after her. I'm very curious about April...I like that she's unique and has mysterious powers, but I don't want her to be like a full on alien, you know? As long as she's PART human, which I think she is, then it will be fine with me. I'm happy she's back with her father, which is my next topic...

Kirby: Kirby is obviously not Kirby...if that makes any sense. I knew from the start with his weird way of speaking and calm nature when Donnie saved him that something was up. And that look of hatred after he hugged his daughter...very weird. MY guess is that it's either a brain washed Kirby or a robot in disguise (no transformer reference intended)...it's obviously not the real Kirby for the Kraang to WANT the turtles to save him..after all they said it was going just as planned after Donnie got him out of the cell.

Shredder: I'm very excited that Shredder and the foot are now working directly with the Kraang...but my only question is where the heck is Karai, Dogpound and Fishface? We haven't heard from them in a while and it's weird to see Shredder and the Foot without their top soldiers with them.

Mikey moments: I was happy to see Mikey pick up the Kraang to scan it's eyes (I thought he would finally do something productive) but no, of course not Atleast we saw him do some damage with those parked cars! And no, don't say he meant to do that

All in all this was a great episode, and I will be watching it again for sure. Now to just wait for the finale, which I can't wait for! BOOYAKASHA!
The Newtralizer will talk in later appearances, voiced by none other tha Danny Trejo. I think he knew what Kirby was (a Kraang in disguise?) and was attacking the Turtles as they were helping Kirby.
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #42
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Is it me, or are Donnie and Leo Episodes usually the best? I mean Parasitica was a great Mike Episode but that's it...

Seriously can't wait for the Season Finale. Not only does it have potential to be the best episode of Season 1, but one of the greatest Season Finales of all time right up there with Avatar Book 2! Break Out was a great set-up episode for that.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #43
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingMutagen View Post
The Newtralizer will talk in later appearances, voiced by none other tha Danny Trejo. I think he knew what Kirby was (a Kraang in disguise?) and was attacking the Turtles as they were helping Kirby.
Oh, really? That's great news! I was hoping he'd talk in this appearance but I can wait. That's also a good theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Is it me, or are Donnie and Leo Episodes usually the best? I mean Parasitica was a great Mike Episode but that's it...

Seriously can't wait for the Season Finale. Not only does it have potential to be the best episode of Season 1, but one of the greatest Season Finales of all time right up there with Avatar Book 2! Break Out was a great set-up episode for that.
It's not just you at all. Donnie and Leo episodes are usually great episodes that actually advance the plot, while Mike and Raph episodes are usually used for fillers (need I remind anyone about Turtle Temper?)

I also can't wait! I'm glad the date was pushed up!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #44
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Newtrailzer: I don't understand what the hype about him is. He just looks like another freak of the week to me, and the fact that he can't even talk and is just a mindless beast doesn't help matters either.
Ciro Nieli created The Newtralizer himself when he was younger, and Danny Trejo was cast as his voice actor.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #45
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Why did Donnie get so worked up over a hug? He's hugged April a few times in the series before this and never fainted
Because for the first time, it had meaning.

In Donnie's mind, he felt he had finally done something right for April. It was about keeping a promise that he made and an acknowledgement that she remembered.

Of course, since it's all a trap. The aftermath of this is going to be extreme.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #46
sirroscoe
Thug

Not gonna lie, Parasitica felt like "meh". This episode, however, is a reminder why I get up every morning to watch this show. I don't know where to rank it, but so far its closely behind The Gauntlet.
sirroscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #47
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

On a different note, when we're going see Mikey showcasing his writing skills? After hearing his buckaroo detective dream, I kind of want to see it now!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #48
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Wow awesome episode! Love the Newtralizer. Can't wait to see Newtralizer again. And Raph was funny in this episode lol. What an episode!!!!!!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #49
Captain PunchYouHard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
On a different note, when we're going see Mikey showcasing his writing skills? After hearing his buckaroo detective dream, I kind of want to see it now!
I bet Mikey used to write really, really bad Chris Bradford fanfiction. And post it to fanfiction.net.

(GIF by Martinf)
Captain PunchYouHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #50
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
One of my Twitter friends has an excellent theory... Newtralizer was attacking the Turtles... Because he knew Kirby was a Kraang!!!
That would make sense indeed.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #51
Keroscene
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Cookie View Post
I bet Mikey used to write really, really bad Chris Bradford fanfiction. And post it to fanfiction.net.
New headcanon.

Also: he still writes really, really bad Chris Bradford fanfiction and posts it to fanfiction.net, but recently the stories have taken on a different tone and some of the fans who read it are kind of confused and a little disturbed by the new direction.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #52
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

This episode was amazing. Haha I loved Donnie's moments in this episode. I also liked how Raphael was trying to make it up to Donnie for embarrassing him. The Newtrailizer was soo cool.

(Mikey's obsession with naming stuff )
Old 07-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #53
Captain PunchYouHard
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
New headcanon.

Also: he still writes really, really bad Chris Bradford fanfiction and posts it to fanfiction.net, but recently the stories have taken on a different tone and some of the fans who read it are kind of confused and a little disturbed by the new direction.
Someone should write fanfiction of this. Do it for the meta!

(GIF by Martinf)
Captain PunchYouHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #54
Retro-Specs
Thug

Back to the topic of Kirby - I do wonder why Donatello didn't question how Kirby sent the coded message to begin with. If he was locked in that cell, what did he use to not only record his voice, but scramble the audio?

Besides that and how he got up and left with confidence and apparently no preparation. I mean, he'd know there were Kraang guards, so he'd probably be extra cautious and likely scared getting out. He showed no sign of worry until he realized the Newtralizer was released.

Well, the show made it obvious that there's something wrong with Kirby. I just question why Donatello didn't think of these things. He noticed Kirby was weird at first, but then seemed to let it slide.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #55
WhitefinDolphin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Specs View Post
Back to the topic of Kirby - I do wonder why Donatello didn't question how Kirby sent the coded message to begin with. If he was locked in that cell, what did he use to not only record his voice, but scramble the audio?

Besides that and how he got up and left with confidence and apparently no preparation. I mean, he'd know there were Kraang guards, so he'd probably be extra cautious and likely scared getting out. He showed no sign of worry until he realized the Newtralizer was released.

Well, the show made it obvious that there's something wrong with Kirby. I just question why Donatello didn't think of these things. He noticed Kirby was weird at first, but then seemed to let it slide.
Since we know there's something wrong with Kirby and that he's all part of the trap the Kraang are setting up, I'm just assuming that he may have sent the message through the Kraang's computer sometime right before he played being detained.

But you raise very raise a very good observation here, why didn't Donnie notice that Kirby had no access to any communication technology, and why did Donnie let Kirby's oddness slide?
WhitefinDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #56
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Donnie didn't notice/think about it because he was too into helping April and wasn't thinking of anything else then that really.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #57
demonsweat
Stone Warrior

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'm just gonna leave this here:

Spoiler:

Old 07-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #58
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsweat View Post
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'm just gonna leave this here:

Spoiler:

The same comparison popped up in my mind as well.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #59
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yup the resemblance is very intentional. Can't wait to see more of this character.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #60
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I finally saw this episode. Thought it was pretty good, Nice to see an episode focusing entirely on Donatello.

As for the Newtralizer, I thought he was cool, Too bad we didn't hear him talk, But chances are we will in the 2nd season since he'll be voiced by Danny Trejo. I think it would be funny if he started calling the Turtles. Los Tortugas