The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #1161
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post

... I mean, the toy is the TMNT Leo, not a plushie mulleted effigy of the Technodrome member Leo, because that would be weird and stalker-y.
I approve of this.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:47 PM   #1162
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Glad your shoulder's better, Leo.

My happy-maker for today: getting a new TMNT plushie (who is perfectly travel-sized, to accommodate stress-related hugs on the go). I shall hug him and squeeze him and call him Leo. Because, well, it's Leo.

... I mean, the toy is the TMNT Leo, not a plushie mulleted effigy of the Technodrome member Leo, because that would be weird and stalker-y.

Aww, that's cute, penny! I sometimes bring one of my figures with me in my purse when I'm on the go, just to keep me company. But a little plushie sounds perfect! Now I need one- but I'd go with Mikey. Because he's so huggable and sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Storms over this way adding a little excitement the day, except that the...

Just saw a whole bunch of lightning bugs... looks like a good year for them.

For quite a while there were hardly any around. I remember being outside a handful of years ago and it had gotten so bad that I saw one flash in the neighbor's yard. Flew across their yard blinking periodically, came through our yard, and kept going. The only one. So sad. Had been pretty scarce for quite a few years, wasn't sure if they were ever going to come back. There always used to be so many when I was younger. Heck, as a kid I'd sit on the back deck and sometimes one might come right up to you.

Couple summers ago there was a bit of a resurgence, and looks like a fair amount this year, so maybe we're finally getting them back.

Yeah, I saw some just last night on the way home from work. This is the first time in a few years now that we've actually had quite a few of them. I think all the recent rains have helped with that, and incidentally also drowned a good portion of the grasshopper and cricket populations. And June bugs- we've had barely any this years, and the past few they were BAD. More birds this year, too. Hope this trend continues.

My personal happy-maker is getting to go out for a nice dinner-date alone with my hubby, and get out of the house for a bit. The kitteh was visiting the vet- she's getting spayed- so we bombed the house for fleas and had to vacate for a few hours. Took the time to just spend some time out doing stuff. It was nice, and out waitress was SOO awesome. Friendly, attentive, good service, order was right- I wanted to take her home with us!! So did he, but for different reasons....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:47 PM   #1163
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I approve of this.
In that case, you're gonna love the mullet wig that I bought to put on my blow-up love doll. j/k

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #1164
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Penny, that's cute. I have a 2003 Leo plush, but I really want a 2012 Leo plush or maybe the Build-A-Bear version. That would be awesome.

My happy maker: Getting a new idea for a TMNT fan fic based on the Pretty Little Liars TV show. I can't wait to write it down.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #1165
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I was glad to hear that a cat belonging to my better half's dad is on the mend. We took Bec's dad out to eat yesterday for late Father's Day dinner and things seemed alright when we got back to his place. This cat of his is diabetic and has to visit the vet frequently in order to have her blood sugar level tested. It was apparently very low in spite of being given food for diabetic cats and regular checkups, so she had a seizure. Dude rushed her to the vet and they gave her some sort of syrup for cats along with some fansy feast. I was glad to hear she's better today. It looks like a person could check a diabetic animal's blood sugar by buying equipment and drawing blood at home, but what cat would sit still for that? This one does fine when having insulin injections at home though, so I wonder.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #1166
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Aww, poor kitty! That has to suck. I'm glad the cat's okay though.

Happy maker: Just posted the story I was telling you guys about. So excited to keep on working on it!

Old 06-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #1167
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Cool, Bubbly! I just posted a new one, too!

Speaking of cats, bt, mine just came back from the vet today. Took her yesterday to get spayed and shots, and they kept her overnight, because they were supposed to be full yesterday and I said they could keep her and do the surgery today, but they had some cancellations and got her in yesterday afternoon. Poor gal came home scared as heck and will barely come out of the bedroom, plus she's still wobbly. I feel bad for her, but she's home safe again, and the best part is she won't have to go through that awful crap every three weeks when she's in heat anymore.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #1168
pennydreadful
trash

Glad everyone's cats are ok! I know it's mean, but I couldn't NOT have a bit of a giggle when all of mine were spayed/neutered and came home doing the "drunk walk" because they were still groggy.

Hopefully your cat is a good girl and doesn't pick at her stitches like our ladyship did - she had to wear the cone of shame! Nooooot a happy camper.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 06-24-2015, 04:39 PM   #1169
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Poor kitty, not easy being a girl. Hope she's feeling back to herself soon.

When the younger two in this house were fixed, one of the two brothers, well...one of his little kitty bits hadn't descended. Felt bad for him, not only did he get the neutering from the backside, but he ended up with stitches like his mom, too (who was spayed around the same time).
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:55 PM   #1170
pennydreadful
trash

We originally thought our girl cat was a boy, actually - I mean, it's hard to tell when they're still babies, y'know? We adopted our two eldest when they were about 3 months old, so they kinda hadn't hit "kitty puberty" by that stage.

Our poor girl cat - she's so neurotic; we've probably given her a complex over being misgendered. It can't be easy being the only girl in the house! Well, other than me (sorta).

Old 06-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #1171
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Glad to hear your cat's okay, Duckie.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #1172
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Oh shes fine. Just had her fixed and got her shots is all. And she was in hiding most of the afternoon. Poor baby was doing the drunk walk like penny said, and kept trying to burrow under the covers to hide in our bed. I felt like a mean momma. She hasn't eaten since she was at the vet, either- too scared. She gets skittish around strangers, so I can only imagine how terrified she was in a strange place overnight!

Old 06-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #1173
pennydreadful
trash

Ehrmagehrd, ok, totally had a happy-maker: I was at the women's center this morning and there's this rully babelicious butch who's there sometimes, and today we arrived at the same time and she opened the door for me.

And she introduced herself - her name is Heath. Isn't that perfect? Seriously y'all, she's sooooo bode and such a snappy dresser - totally swoonworthy.

Ok yeah, it's the little things that make me happy, clearly (and I'm oooobviously never going to do more than admire this woman from afar because that would be totally creeper-iffic), but hey, a smokin' lady opening a door for me put a smile on my face.

Also we both have undercuts aaaaand industrial piercings in our right ears and I managed to introduce myself back without sounding like an idiot. Well, not more of one than usual.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:25 PM   #1174
Leo656
The Franchise

So where are you two kooky kids registered...?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #1175
pennydreadful
trash

Hah, don't I just wish. Still, there's a communal library at the center (which I borrowed from today cuz hello - I'm the baroness of bookworms and I need to make more time for reading) so maybe I'll run into her again sometime and we can have a banal conversation about the weather.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:34 PM   #1176
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A head turner is certainly a nice way to brighten a day.

The rare occasion it happened at the former job - though usually prob too young or clearly taken - just brightened the whole evening. (I still occasionally think of you, blue eyed guy with the accent and model looks, thank you for the interaction with you for that short moment... )

Hope you're able to run into her again, Penny.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:28 AM   #1177
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome to hear, Penny. It's always nice when someone will do something nice for you.

My happy maker: That we didn't get the storms we were supposed to get. We did get a little thunder, but no severe weather, so that's a plus.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #1178
Amaranthus
Banned

I got a summerjob at a landscape contractor. That means I have 2 jobs for this summer.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #1179
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

San Diego Comic Con stuff.
Not only have the event/panel schedules started going up online, but images of some of the exclusive available at the Nick Booth specifically have gone up.

I could not possibly be more excited about this if I tried.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #1180
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Angel is back to "normal" today- or as close to it as a cat ever gets, anyway, LOL! She has come out of hiding, and even curled up with me for a while this morning before we got up. She's finally forgiven, us, I think. Even gave "daddy" a kiss a little while ago! She never did eat her "num-nums" last night, and didn't eat much of her regular food, but she seems to be eating better today. She may not be used to the new num-num bowl, though- we picked it up when we took her to the vet, when I got the flea bomb and spray for the house. It's so cute- it says "Princess" on the side (her nickname from daddy), LOL!

(The num-nums is what we call her treat that she gets at night, either a bit of moist food, or a few of those crunchy cat treats. She's SO spoiled....)