The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #181
sdp
-

Oh god I hope not, I just googled that and I don't want it anywhere near the TMNT. I've said it before but they did mention "counting the turtles multiverse you never know who may show up". So I guess you can use that quote to give yourself hope for your crossover.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #182
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Given Nick's love for show crossovers period, and the whole "magic" concept, what are the odds of a late in the series TMNT/Myticons crossover.
Only after that Pony crossover in season 2 then we can have that three way crossover with all 3 cartoons late into the show's run.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #183
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Fine, fine... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Oh god I hope not, I just googled that and I don't want it anywhere near the TMNT. I've said it before but they did mention "counting the turtles multiverse you never know who may show up". So I guess you can use that quote to give yourself hope for your crossover.
No, don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want that show crossing over with them, but given how Nick runs things these days and the art style and the magic thing that would mesh well enough... one doth worries about this.

Much prefer that 2003 gets to visit instead. And helps whip 2018 into proper Turtles shape.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #184
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'd rather the tmnt crossover with someone other than themselves and usagi.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #185
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hm, but who... Would Nick stick with their own properties? (Outside of Usagi being a longtime friend pre-Nick and tapped for history/nostalgia.)

I wouldn't mind seeing the new friendship with DC expanding a little further, maybe in this way, although at the same time adding superheros to TMNT's world isn't that interesting to me. (Justice Force are tolerable at best.)
Old 03-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #186
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'd rather the tmnt crossover with someone other than themselves and usagi.
How about a crossover with prostitutes? Kinda like Batman did in Year One (where Selina Kyle was also one of them). They can be spies all over the city.

The turtles are always in the dark streets and alleys, so it's not far off. Unless we're gonna strictly treat this like "for kiddie series" then, nope. Not gonna happen.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #187
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, it's Nick, I think that would be sorta pushing it too far, yeah.

Though it would be kind of funny if there was a side character added who is sometimes seen on the streets and the Turtles have come to know (and somethings gets info from her (or him!) on things she/he has seen around town) and the older viewers kind of eventually grasp the fact that she/he is more than likely a hooker, but it's vague and goes over kid's heads. Some parents would no doubt flip out though.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:32 AM   #188
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
How about a crossover with prostitutes? Kinda like Batman did in Year One (where Selina Kyle was also one of them). They can be spies all over the city.

The turtles are always in the dark streets and alleys, so it's not far off. Unless we're gonna strictly treat this like "for kiddie series" then, nope. Not gonna happen.
Maybe if they ever air a Turtles series on Nick At Nite (do they still have these kind of grown-up time slots?) Then you could add more of these 'adult' themes.

Though you might have kids staying up trying to sneak-watch the 'forbidden' series.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #189
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Not even involved in the fandom much anymore but this show honestly doesn’t seem respectful at all. If they just wanted to make a goofier TMNt, fine. Give them magic weapons and rougher designs.

But to change one of core characters so drastically, to switch out the weapons that define them, that’s not really ok to me.

The original nick series did something new and different by making the turtles individualized, by updating two of the weapons in a way that allows them to still be the same. It all reinforces who the characters are. New and fresh.

This new show is a perfect example of crossing the line between new and fresh to unnecessary and overkill. They’re trying to be MORE different, they’re trying to go FURTHER than what’s done before. And it’s not even the TMNT now.

I hope this show flops. Not because I don’t like it. But I hope it sets the example that changes are only good to a certain point. Hoping for a reboot down the line that learns from mistakes.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:28 PM   #190
shihe
Hench Mutant

Crossover concerns?

I wouldn't worry about it.
Nick had a huge opportunity to do a crossover between TMNT (12) and Kung Fu Panda. Animation was similar enough.
Did that ever happen? No. (Huge missed opportunity IMO)

I'm far from a pony fan, but if it's just one episode, it won't hurt.
It's like that crossover between Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa. I hate UG, but the crossover was pretty entertaining.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:21 AM   #191
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
Crossover concerns?

I wouldn't worry about it.
Nick had a huge opportunity to do a crossover between TMNT (12) and Kung Fu Panda. Animation was similar enough.
Did that ever happen? No. (Huge missed opportunity IMO)
I could see it happening, but the Usagi crossover has similar themes (set in ancient asia) and has more of a history with tmnt so it was much higher on the priority list of the showrunners. Also loved the Nick crossovers with the 80s turtles, much more than Turtles Forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
I'm far from a pony fan, but if it's just one episode, it won't hurt.
It's like that crossover between Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa. I hate UG, but the crossover was pretty entertaining.
With Rise, I think its better to step away from crossovers with other tmnt shows/Usagi and do some other cartoons. I would personally love My Little Pony, but I'm not sure how likely that would be, or how well recieved it would be for that matter.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:00 AM   #192
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I will eat Stockman Brain after puting it in jar on hot water to boil! This will be the first show that i will do it. In the 2003 i never killed him i just kept him as a brain in a jar until that IDIOT Chaplin put him in a robot and made him a threat for me again! But this time.... I will not keep his brain forever. This time i will eat it !
Old 03-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #193
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You do that.

I will take a TMNT/MLP crossover ONLY if the TMNT end up in the Pony's world (not the Equestria Girls route) for reaction sake.

That way they can be like, "I know we're kinda weird, but tiny talking horses... What." Wouldn't mind seeing how odd that is to them, since they're a lot closer to human on the anthro scale and come from a world full of humans. lol
Old 03-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #194
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth;1751629I
will take a TMNT/MLP crossover ONLY if the TMNT end up in the Pony's world (not the Equestria Girls route) for reaction sake.

That way they can be like, "I know we're kinda weird, but tiny talking horses... What." Wouldn't mind seeing how odd that is to them, since they're a lot closer to human on the anthro scale and live in world full of humans. lol
Hey, I'm just taking notes from sdp and trying to get meme magic to work

Anyways, I think one of the main appeal of both franshises is that the main characters are talking animals who go on adventures, so I'd have the mane Ponies rather than the Spin-Off Equestria Girls in a crossover (plus the Ponies do alot more fighting against monsters and such, like the tmnt, while the Girls just go to school for the most part).

Old 03-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #195
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
updating two of the weapons
That was awsome. Since the turtles don't use pistols and rifles a lot, you can at least have all of them using sharp weapons when fighting such strong opponensts (like Shredder with armour, or the Kraang inside robots)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote