The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Your excitement level after seeing the trailer?
5/5: It's awesome!!! HYPE! 11 14.47%
4/5: It looks good 9 11.84%
3/5: I'm fine with it 20 26.32%
2/5: Could've been better 19 25.00%
1/5: Awful 12 15.79%
0/5: TMNT is dead 5 6.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2018, 06:58 AM   #41
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTmousers View Post
Looks terrible in my opinion. Bring back the 2012 series
OK but it was getting piss poor rating towards the end of season 4 and continued to get worse in season 5, why make another season of a show nobody was watching? It just makes more sense to start over with a new direction.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:18 AM   #42
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
OK but it was getting piss poor rating towards the end of season 4 and continued to get worse in season 5, why make another season of a show nobody was watching? It just makes more sense to start over with a new direction.
yeah, people where abandoning the 2012 series after season 3.
either long breaks, or people where just getting tired of it, who knows.

not that i expect this series to do much better. i'll be shocked if it lasts past 3 seeasons.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #43
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yeah, people where abandoning the 2012 series after season 3.
either long breaks, or people where just getting tired of it, who knows.

not that i expect this series to do much better. i'll be shocked if it lasts past 3 seeasons.
I'm sure the long breaks didn't help but also with season 5 some dvd's were released prior to airings. The decision to stop was made before season 5 though.
I'm not sure with the new toon, if they air it better and it captures enough kids it should do well.

Also, I know I've asked before but are ratings based on Live TV viewings only? (so no DVR/downloading on sky/catch up etc)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Soooooo glad it’s not TMNTGo! but that was debunked with the art reveal and toys.
Except it blatantly is.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree with what you guys said, the bad schedule, early release of last season eps, AND I'd like to add the fact that after a while the commercials to remind people that it's going to be on or returning from hiatus were few to none, AND where it is on Nick? The regular channel. It got the "privilege" to air a new ep ONCE on the main channel and that's it. Good luck finding a repeat. Want to see any of the show, then you better have Nicktoons and prefer to watch old repeats of a few seasons ago. (Meanwhile the damn Sponge will air multiple times a day on at least three of their channels...)

While Nick may see TMNT as still viable enough to jump this fast into a new series, someone who makes the decisions of when and where their first one aired really could have not cared less.

Will be curious if they treat this one the same after a bit, or if it's aligning itself enough with the Spongebob level of cartoons that it will have the privilege of being around more. Empty calorie shows, so to speak, get the attention these days, while many 'smart' shows get buried...?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #46
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

I mean, eh. Nickelodeon loves to pluck some of the lowest-hanging jokes from their shows for ads anyway, so it's maybe not accurate to what the show will be like.

Actually stoked on the art style, everything moves pretty well, I like the aesthetic in that it's simplistic but not overly cheap-looking at all. That voice work is interesting though, in that every time a character is supposed to be saying something excitedly, it comes off as a soft-spoken person trying to sound excited. Raph doesn't seem have this problem, but for some reason, Mikey has it the worst. (Compare "it's go time" with the 2012 series, it's underwhelming even without the comparison).

Turtle designs for the most part, again, look pretty bad. But the rest of the look for this show does have me interested. The tone seems interesting enough. Overall I'm slightly more intrigued than I was before, but if the show is 22 minutes of the trailer, I'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
AND where it is on Nick? The regular channel.
Man, if we asked this question for every show Nick has completely abandoned, we'd be here all night.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #47
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Except it blatantly is.
I don't see it. It looks more like a standard action cartoon than a straight up parody.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #48
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Except it blatantly is.
I think it's too early to assume that....

Teen Titans Go is kinda like a "what do the Teen Titans do when they aren't fighting bad guys" type of show...which is why they are basically goofing off in every episode. (There is action in the show...but it's random and not serious).

This show already has a villain with goals and the turtles are learning to defend the city. Yea there's going to be comedy, but it still seems like theres going to be stakes and all that.

From what I can tell at least.

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 03-28-2018 at 09:06 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:29 PM   #49
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Except it blatantly is.
It really doesn't seem to be
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:44 PM   #50
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
I think it's too early to assume that....

Teen Titans Go is kinda like a "what do the Teen Titans do when they aren't fighting bad guys" type of show...which is why they are basically goofing off in every episode. (There is action in the show...but it's random and not serious).

This show already has a villain with goals and the turtles are learning to defend the city. Yea there's going to be comedy, but it still seems like theres going to be stakes and all that.

For what I can tell at least.
I feel the same. Teen Titans Go doesn’t really have a threat, they’re just there for light jokes and giggles.

I’m really intrigued by this show’s new April. The way she slides toward the screen, is she in anyway martial art proficient? And her toy has her glasses pushed up on top of her hair... so she does not really need them? Kinda like Persona 5 protagonist - only wear glasses for fashion/fun/to fit in with society?

Ah, so many questions.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #51
Electric_Seaweed
New Recruit

I was initially disappointed with the new look, but seeing it in action, I totally dig it!

Simple or "Cheap" Design = more dynamic action. Its a great tradeoff for a cartoon.
Electric_Seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:50 PM   #52
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Here's the trailer:

Spoiler:
Oof! I'm already seeing a huge amount of dislikes on that video.

Now I'm wondering what the general reception is.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:34 PM   #53
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I don't see it. It looks more like a standard action cartoon than a straight up parody.
Yup not TMNTGo. Like the others said...the characters look to have an overall purpose.

Anyone seriously comparing it to TTGo is trolling or has never actually seen TTGo.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:28 PM   #54
Chris
Mad Scientist

I'm still not the greatest fan of the designs but it looks fun enough.

I'll certainly give it a try and see if I like it. The last 2 shows have been pretty faithful overall so it could be interesting to see something a bit different.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:12 AM   #55
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Yup not TMNTGo. Like the others said...the characters look to have an overall purpose.

Anyone seriously comparing it to TTGo is trolling or has never actually seen TTGo.
Yep it actually looks closer to Ducktales and Gravity Falls imo. And those shows are good visually, have charming characters, intelligent mysteries and storytelling.

I’m cautiously optimistic rottmnt is gonna be as good, maybe even better than them. For sure rottmnt gonna focus on the action more.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:27 PM   #56
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Agree with what you guys said, the bad schedule, early release of last season eps, AND I'd like to add the fact that after a while the commercials to remind people that it's going to be on or returning from hiatus were few to none, AND where it is on Nick? The regular channel. It got the "privilege" to air a new ep ONCE on the main channel and that's it. Good luck finding a repeat. Want to see any of the show, then you better have Nicktoons and prefer to watch old repeats of a few seasons ago. (Meanwhile the damn Sponge will air multiple times a day on at least three of their channels...)

While Nick may see TMNT as still viable enough to jump this fast into a new series, someone who makes the decisions of when and where their first one aired really could have not cared less.

Will be curious if they treat this one the same after a bit, or if it's aligning itself enough with the Spongebob level of cartoons that it will have the privilege of being around more. Empty calorie shows, so to speak, get the attention these days, while many 'smart' shows get buried...?
Boy, I couldn't agree with you more on all of this. I'd specifically like to point out that Nickelodeon fooled around too long in airing season 4 - almost a year and a half to complete it. Season 5 had many reasons for the series tanking in ratings, but the handling of new episodes had to be one of the biggest ones. The other thing I'd like to point out (which Indigo touched on) is shows that are more mature, better written, and have potentially darker tones don't seem to fit in with most of Nick's other shows. That's why they get abandoned or thrown onto their sister station without so much as a word about it on the network.

I was incredibly disappointed in the treatment of Korra in the last two seasons. I'm not sure if Nick's decision to move it to Nicktoons/online only had to do with season 2 being extremely dark for a kids show or not. TMNT got away with a hell of a lot for being on a kids' network. The only more mature show that seemed to be given the treatment it rightfully deserved was Avatar: The Last Airbender. Great show, dark at times but not overly so, but still more mature than most of their shows on there. And it STAYED on the parent network in its entirety.

That being said, the only shows that Nick really pay attention to are Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob. If you're neither of those, then prepare to get pushed aside in a year or two after debuting. However, the only real show that is on Nick's radar full-time is Spongebob. Butch Hartman said FO was cancelled five or six times during its run. So yeah, SB lives on for some unknown reason to me. I've grown to despise that show over the years and I even liked it for the first few seasons.

Last edited by Kit31; 03-31-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:03 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ratings don't matter much anymore, most kids watch the show online. Or older fans, like me for example. I didn't get to watch the Nick show live as it aired because it came on at a time I wasn't able to watch it. So I just watched all the eps online instead the same day. Obviously online streams don't count as ratings, so it doesn't matter.

I'm sure when Rise starts the ratings won't be much different than the previous show. And that's because it really doesn't matter, we're not in 2005 anymore when people sit in front of a TV at a designated time to watch shows with commercials.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:47 AM   #58
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Of course this show is silly like the 80s toon, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

My hype level is off the charts, cowabunga!
No it will notbe silly like the 80 show. I will be a serial killer again like iwas in 2003 and 2012 shows and will be beating my enemies very hard. Rocksteady and Bebop will be very strong and not stupid like they were in 1987. Krang robotic body will not wear red underwear and sunglasses like in 1987... If you think this will be anything similar to 1987 show then prepare to be dissapointed! A show like that cant be success today. Only something like the 2003 and the 2012 can.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:07 AM   #59
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ratings don't matter much anymore, most kids watch the show online. Or older fans, like me for example. I didn't get to watch the Nick show live as it aired because it came on at a time I wasn't able to watch it. So I just watched all the eps online instead the same day. Obviously online streams don't count as ratings, so it doesn't matter.

I'm sure when Rise starts the ratings won't be much different than the previous show. And that's because it really doesn't matter, we're not in 2005 anymore when people sit in front of a TV at a designated time to watch shows with commercials.
If they only count live TV still then they aren't giving a true picture of ratings, but still they do judge by ratings, or so it seems so when people keep taking about ratings being in the toilet.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ratings for any show go down when it airs multiple seasons, this is nothing new.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote