The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #101
Powder
So tired of this place

I did 21 episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam in 2 days a week or so ago. Not too shabby. Really cool style, just the right amount of action, & it features my favorite designs (Gouf & Z'Gok). Gonna steamroll through the rest of it when I build my next kit. Then I'll probably give The 08th MS Team a shot.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #102
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Started watching Hajime no Ippo yesterday after a friend recommended I awhile back. I don't watch a lot of sport-based anime but this is a pretty great show so far.

Also started watching World Trigger today.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #103
JakeSully
Banned

And Yoshiaka Kawajari fans here?
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #104
Peanut
Second Gear

Bumping this sh*t up! What's everyone into right now? What's the hot new thing? I spent a little time going through some stuff while I was gone.

I managed to read all of Gantz, which is weird and interesting and eventually awful. I also read through and caught up on My Hero Academia, but I haven't read new chapters for a month or two now. Has anyone seen the anime? I love the style and I liked where it was heading, but I kind of lost a little bit of interest in it. I also have trouble retaining much about it for some reason. I watched the first season of Seven Deadly Sins, which was an OK time. That made me try to pick Fairy Tail back up for a bit, somewhere in the magical games arc, but it's so stagnant, even after the time skip.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:09 PM   #105
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I've been into naruto lately, started watching as a kid, then stopped . Only picked it up last year, watched the first series, currently halfway through Shippuden. I took a break. Waiting for more dubbed episodes.
I might watch Bleach next.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #106
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm following these anime:

Sansha Sanyou- High school girl SOL. I'm a little behind 'cause it's generic, but I like it.
Kuma Miko- Comfy SOL. Girl + bear + country village. Cute & amusing.
Boku No Hero Academia- It's like One Punch Man/X-Men in a way. Pretty good so far. Compelling protagonist.
Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?- Friends bonding over an online game with sort of a romance/possible harem thing. Funny/stupid.
Uchuu Patrol Luluco- Standout of the season, a short by trigger (Kill La Kill) with their signature styles & an almost Panty & Stocking/Genndy Tartakovsky look to it. Misfit space cops. Mad good.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #107
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Uchuu Patrol Luluco- Standout of the season, a short by trigger (Kill La Kill) with their signature styles & an almost Panty & Stocking/Genndy Tartakovsky look to it. Misfit space cops. Mad good.
fffsssss that sounds great. I'm gonna have to search that one out. Is it streaming anywhere?

Quote:
Boku No Hero Academia- It's like One Punch Man in a way. Pretty good so far.
I'm a few chapters off from caught up with the manga, but I don't find it to be very OPM like. OPM had an incredible first season as an anime though, if the quality of the MHA anime is that good I'm gonna have to stop sitting on it and check it out.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #108
Raven
follower of Jesus

I've been checking out Mobile Police Patlabor. Then bouncing back and forth between fairy tail and Ghost in the Shell.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #109
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I got into One Piece. I've been watching a tooooon!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:31 PM   #110
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
fffsssss that sounds great. I'm gonna have to search that one out. Is it streaming anywhere?

I'm a few chapters off from caught up with the manga, but I don't find it to be very OPM like. OPM had an incredible first season as an anime though, if the quality of the MHA anime is that good I'm gonna have to stop sitting on it and check it out.
It's on kissanime, I think. It's very flashy & stylized, they use a lot of sparkling effects & colors to sorta compensate for the cheap animation, but it works really well, in my opinion. The last few episodes have been homages to other Trigger anime, like KLK, for example.

I haven't read the manga for either, but having watched both animated versions I find it hard not to draw a few comparisons. You've got cities full of monsters & vigilantes, facilities where superhuman talents are harnessed into heroes complete with wacky costumes/themes, sort of a goofball underdog lead going about things all the wrong ways yet still coming out on top. I dunno. Either way, it's been enjoyable! I dunno if it's done as well as OPM was visually, but yeah.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #111
Peanut
Second Gear

You're right, the superhero setting is pretty similar. I guess I was looking at it from a tone/story perspective and forgetting entirely about the fact that they're based on the same sh*t haha
Old 06-07-2016, 04:45 AM   #112
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Ace Attorney and Joker Game. The second one was recommended. I saw a banner here for Ace Attorney. Surprisingly, I'm behind with both series by a few weeks. ^^

Instead, I've been rewatching The Real Ghostbusters...well, the first two seasons anyway before the annoying, unnecessary changes.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:42 PM   #113
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Ace Attorney and Yuri on Ice.

Gay lawyers and gay ice skaters lmfao.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:19 AM   #114
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I started watching Future Diary, I'll see if I like it, but for now I'm trying to get into it. The story seems it might be good. I will also try to finish Digimon Fusion, which I started months ago.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:32 PM   #115
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Working my way through the 12 volumes of Gundam: The Origin. The tone is very different from the original TV series.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #116
Allio
Foot Elite

Just read the recent chapter of the yandere manga, "Happy Sugar Life"

it reveals that Sato's aunt

Spoiler:
is not dead
Spoiler:
is a masochistic nympho
Spoiler:
and is psychologically responsible for Sato's outlook on love and why her niece is yandere
Spoiler:
may or not know about the little girl (the yandere affliction) that her neice has locked up.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #117
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Already posted my thoughts on Sega Hard Girls in another thread, but I figure here is a good a place as anywhere to gush about it some more.

A very humorous and fun-filled anime, definitely a new favorite of mine. You really get to know the characters in the short time, and they each have their moments.

A real treat for those who grew up playing on SEGA consoles, plenty of fun references to games from all the systems.

The animation is surprisingly good for something 3D, and that's another plus.

Just give it a chance, most people don't because they think it's too weird, but it's really good once you watch it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #118
Allio
Foot Elite

reading the classic series Urusei Yatsura

while it's no Ranma 1/2, I'm enjoying it.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:05 AM   #119
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I demolished the first series of Attack on Titan last week, on Netflix. Brilliant.

Unfortunately the death of IMBD message boards have led me to week of lonely reflection and questioning...

Then I remembered this place....

I see they're doing a second season. Can't wait.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #120
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I'm finishing Naruto Shippuden this week. I'm on episode 493 for now, it's great to see how everyone's grown.