The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #41
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
LOL! Take it easy.... we're just talkin', not trying to publicly discredit your feelings about the cartoons, man. -wow-

That "endless battle of good vs evil!" often didn't carry a story anywhere!

-jaw drops- LOL!
I think it was more of how long we can make a series run, than making a story lol. If you hit the 65 episode mark, You can make money by pretty much rerunning the series on TV and yes sale toys in the process.

Yeah and don't judge me if I like the original MLP, even over Friendship is magic. It has its charm, villains and story. Also being a "Girls" cartoon, they could get away with a bit more than a boys Cartoon could ever hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQ7F58pK2g&t=199s

After seeing this as a kid, I was hook and Megan became one of my child hood heroes. She was up there with Thundarr and He-man and Penny.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:06 PM   #42
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
I think it was more of how long we can make a series run, than making a story lol. If you hit the 65 episode mark, You can make money by pretty much rerunning the series on TV and yes sale toys in the process.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Yeah and don't judge me if I like the original MLP, even over Friendship is magic. It has its charm, villains and story.
Never! We like what we like. Sometimes it's neat to find that "charm" in a property that you stand by!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #43
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
LOL! Take it easy.... we're just talkin', not trying to publicly discredit your feelings about the cartoons, man. -wow- :roll
That's the problem with texting, message boards, etc. You can't always get an accurate feel for the manor in which someone is speaking. I wasn't saying that with any hostility. My apologies if I made it seem otherwise.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:40 AM   #44
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
That's the problem with texting, message boards, etc. You can't always get an accurate feel for the manor in which someone is speaking. I wasn't saying that with any hostility. My apologies if I made it seem otherwise.
Ohhhh I gotcha. I say that frequently about the texting, forum thing as well. Totally with you on that..... Very cool.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote