The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Cubed, are you saying you can't tie your shoes, since the Turtles never taught that?
I don't believe the Turtles ever taught how babies are made either, not even in those Turtle Tips from the FW series days. So how did Cubed learn about that?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ya know... a video of "TMNT Discuss the Birds & the Bees" (on a kid level) could fit nicely alongside some of the really random stuff of them that's out there.

Granted, as mutant Turtles in an all male household with a rat father who might not tell them all that much because he might figure "why bother," thus they themselves might get most of their knowledge from the internet... maybe they aren't the best teachers of that sort of thing. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:32 PM   #23
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Things I learned:

- Sci-fi elements such as dimensional portals and black holes.

- gendarmes are the police force in France from Rust Never Sleeps.

- A lot of stuff from Splinter as already mentioned in this thread.

- Learnt about the renaissance artists first from TMNT. A history teacher would say years later “I’m talking about the renaissance artist, not the ninja turtle”.

- Learnt a few life lessons from Leo-centric episodes such as Take me to Your Leader and The Ancient One.

- May have also been my first introduction to fantasy/supernatural stuff from watching OT episodes such as Splinter No More and Usagi Yojimbo.

Last edited by Wesley; 07-29-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:46 PM   #24
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The classic episode Snakes Alive taught me a very important life lesson "Fears are just in our minds and we have the power to overcome them." Thanks to Leonardo I overcame my fear of movies that scared me as a kid. When I wrote to Cam Clarke about the impact it made on me, he was so happy to hear it.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The classic episode Snakes Alive taught me a very important life lesson "Fears are just in our minds and we have the power to overcome them." Thanks to Leonardo I overcame my fear of movies that scared me as a kid. When I wrote to Cam Clarke about the impact it made on me, he was so happy to hear it.
Aww that's nice.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #26
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I agree that’s nice to hear. Snakes Alive is one of my fav OT episodes.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 PM   #27
Icebot
Foot Elite

I just remembered something I learned and that’s to avoid battle when possible and never make enemies unnecessarily, from the battle nexus GameCube game.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #28
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I have a "type" when it comes to aliens.

The ones I tend to like the most are tiny, usually pink, hyper-intelligent and use machines to get around. Mileage of danger may vary.

Yeah, it started with Daleks. But then Utroms cemented it when I realized, in the midst of enjoying TMNT as a whole...that I just "like" that type of alien.

Utroms did give me what I wanted out of Daleks, though, so there's that.

Because by god, does Doctor Who writers squander their best Daleks...

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 08-08-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

Off the top of my head, Archie TMNT was my first ever exposure to the concept of bonsai (Shredder is pruning his when the Turtles surprise him in his sewer lair at one point). And though I didn't start because of the comic, I always remained fascinated by them and I've been keeping bonsai for well over a decade now with an ever-increasing collection.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:36 AM   #30
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

David Wise

Quote:
But it was David Wise who wrote the episode.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:49 AM   #31
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Never pay full price for late pizza.
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:32 AM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnskull View Post
Never pay full price for late pizza.
That's actually a pretty useful lesson.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:53 AM   #33
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Well, I got all my most important life lessons from Tigra in Thundercats, but the Turtles cartoon taught me that freon was the gas in refrigerators.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:56 AM   #34
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I have a "type" when it comes to aliens.

The ones I tend to like the most are tiny, usually pink, hyper-intelligent and use machines to get around. Mileage of danger may vary.

Yeah, it started with Daleks. But then Utroms cemented it when I realized, in the midst of enjoying TMNT as a whole...that I just "like" that type of alien.

Utroms did give me what I wanted out of Daleks, though, so there's that.

Because by god, does Doctor Who writers squander their best Daleks...
Daleks used to be green, of course. The creature inside, that is, not the casing.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:32 AM   #35
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Ice resurfacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I learned what a Zamboni was from The Big Cufflink Caper episode. I don't think I'd ever even seen one before that point.
Zamboni is actually a trademark for a specific type, that has become synonymous. Correct term =ice resurfacer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_resurfacer
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

I just remembered something else:

Splinter told the Turtles that Shredder's own evilness will be his doom. As cheesy as it sounds, Shredder's greed of wanting to take over the world and killing the Turtles really does him no favours. Taking over the world is hardly a feasible goal, and his anger and hatred for the Turtles clouds his judgement often and leads him to embarrassing defeats. Same happens to Dregg somewhat. In season 9 he only views the Turtles as mere obstacles. But in season 10 he becomes obsessed with killing the Turtles and he loses his marbles in the process. His own hatred for the Turtles begins consuming him.

So yeah, don't let hate consume you, everyone.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #37
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I just remembered something else:

Splinter told the Turtles that Shredder's own evilness will be his doom. As cheesy as it sounds, Shredder's greed of wanting to take over the world and killing the Turtles really does him no favours. Taking over the world is hardly a feasible goal, and his anger and hatred for the Turtles clouds his judgement often and leads him to embarrassing defeats. Same happens to Dregg somewhat. In season 9 he only views the Turtles as mere obstacles. But in season 10 he becomes obsessed with killing the Turtles and he loses his marbles in the process. His own hatred for the Turtles begins consuming him.

So yeah, don't let hate consume you, everyone.
I agree that’s a great lesson. I think Shredder did become less obsessed with wanting to destroy the Turtles in season 10, as he only seemed to be interested in getting rid of Dregg and taking over the Earth by then.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #38
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I agree that’s a great lesson. I think Shredder did become less obsessed with wanting to destroy the Turtles in season 10, as he only seemed to be interested in getting rid of Dregg and taking over the Earth by then.
Yeah. He was slowly improving, but he was still a bad guy . Anyway, the most noticeable change was that he no longer wanted to backstab Krang like he always said he wanted to do. It's like they finally became friends.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #39
Icebot
Foot Elite

I just learned from Splinter in a 2012 episode, you don’t really fail at things unless you give up.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #40
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I just remembered that I learnt the principles of judo (when your opponent pushes, you pull) from the episode Cry Havoc when the Turtles used it to defeat Titanus.

I tried using it myself on a school bully back in the day by pulling on his jumper. The impact of the jumper being pulled caused some material to stretch out. He said “You’ve ruined my jumper!” He was taken aback when one of my friends said the jumper was still fine. Didn’t expect that to happen but still hilarious.